• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

powercolor ati 800gt faulty? Atitool messes up.

Dugath

Hello all, I am new here and I really have a problem.
10 days ago I bought a computer system P-D 3.0, 2 gigs of ram with a powercolor 800gt 256meg ati card.

So far i had many problems, the big one being my screen would go black when playing games and then when it would come back I would have distorted graphics.. long black lines and blocky images. Since then I have added another fan to my case and also added A cpy cooling unit to my Cpu (Zalman CNPS9500) Hoping that would solve some problems and actually for awhile it did.. but then while playing a game (city of villians) pumped up to max (because my system should be able to do that) after awhile it would happen again.. SO my frient took a look at my Vid card and told me it was extreamly hot and also told me it "seemed" to him that the fan wasnt as "strong" as it should be on the card (keeping in mine my friend is a computer tech). So I tried ATItool to scan for artifacts... I scare the scanning process.. the cube doesnt turn.. and the counter starts from 0 and starts running up... when it gets between 50-120 it staps and the enter program freezes or sometimes the screen goes black and then comes back and ATItool 3d cube display is blank. ANy suggestions or help would be welcomed. I want to try returning the vid card but the place is making a big deal about it, wanting to test it and stuff (even though I have a 1 year warrenty). Any help before I go through this hassel? (sorry for the long post)