• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pre-may Crunching competition brainstorm thread

System Name Hogan's Crap
Processor Intel i3-2120 Crap!
Motherboard Dell POS Crap!
Cooling Stock Crap!
Memory 4 GB Kingston DDR3 10600 Crap!
Video Card(s) Stock Crap!
Storage 500 GB 5400 rpm Crap!
Software Windows 10 64bit
Not entirely convinced on this idea, lol. It would "restrict" the ability for people with more than one computer to join. So you limit the number of points this contest could bring, as well as giving those with an i7 a better chance to win either Group1 or their Group2 subgroup. Hope that makes sense.

It's good idea although I think it may not be suited to this contest in particular. New recruits is definitely the aim. But by crediting a recruiter it would be more about about a person's social networking abilities rather than the work done by each new member.

Sorry I'm not trying to be dismissive of anyone's posts, just trying to make everything as watertight as possible. I'm a little tired so correct me if I'm being sloppy :slap:
Its just a brainstorm, its ok. :toast:

System Name Beast
Processor Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.8GHz
Motherboard eVGA P55 FTW
Cooling Coolit Eco ALC with Yate Loon 1700RPM fans
Memory 8 GB Patriot Viper @ DDR3-2000
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX280
Storage 2x 1 TB WD Caviar Black
Case Thermaltake Element V
Power Supply Seasonic X760
Software Win7 x64 Ultimate
--- Instead of awarding prizes on PPD, why not set a baseline qualifier total points number and have a random drawing out of those people who hit the baseline.

Like --- Tier 1 would be X,XXX,XXX points and you would get your name in the drawing for X prize
Tier 2 would be XX,XXX,XXX points and you would get your name in the drawing for a nicer prize

Etc...

that way you aren't awarding prizes to people just by how many computers or what type of CPU's they are running.