• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Project] TJ05 [final pics]

NightRider

Hello

Today I want to present you my new project, TJ05.

For a very long time that I've been watching SilverStone cases and always wanted one. A few weeks ago, found someone selling one (a TJ 05) (way too cheap lol) and I thought "well, if it isn't today, it will never be."

Started thinking about how and what should i do to it (PSU + Drive bay cover were the first ideas). But, as the project go, I started having new ideas. But, lets see some pics

After a lot of thinking and advices asked, the build will be orange + white + black (eheh hope I'll surprise you in the end)

P.S. I'm sorry for the photo quality but I'm not that good taking pictures. This are the best I have in the middle of a lot of other pictures.

So, The case...

Dirty poor case... It had a really serious beating from the previous owner

My eyes fell for this front. It's just... beautiful.

So, after dusting it (and almost get killed doing it :p:p ), striping (the case, not me)

After some hours and some cutings, the covers are done

The side window:

After cuting the side window, cut the SilverStone symbol:

Removed the MB tray, and did some cutting:

That aluminium will become the radiator + hdd holder

The Dremel is such a great tool... Got to love it...

What a strugle to find this revits, but they look awesome for this

Drilled the bottom for a fan. But now I wont be able to use it [I'll explain later on]

So, I've decided to do a custom reservoir using the SilverStone symbol.
At first I've tried to contact companies for cuting it. When I told what would it be, they started saying I wouldn't be abble to do it because of angles and so.

Well, I'm kinda stubborn. And when someone tell me I wont be abble to do, I do it (at least have to try!)

So, after HOURS(!!!) cuting, filling, glue it all together, almost destrution by my kittie, here it is:

Glued the top

And the bottom [dont know what my phone tried to focus here ahah]

All glued, drilled and taped for 1/4

It looks good for me!

Still dont know how I'll fix it, but I'll find a way eheh

So, I needed to test it. Did a cut on a small piece of wood and did the testing

Yes. That is a h100i. And no, i won't be abble to use it. Why?! Well, it sucks. Really bad pressure. Soon I'll post the alternative!

This is it folks. This is what I have for now, hopefuly soon enough I'll post new pics with a lot of new work.
Hope you enjoy and hope you can give me some feedback!

Thanks in advance!

NightRider

SilverStone is a great company. Great products, great people working. I've contacted them and they were very kind by sending me this:

Big case!!

With a lot of GOODS!

PSU

A lot of stuff?! Well, yes. But they were so kind that they've sent Fans and a PSU for Zaboc!! :D

Thanks for your help SilverStone, you are awesome!

Soon more pics!

NightRider

Hello!!

Today I bring you the latest news of my TJ05.

I've had a really rough week. My little dog almost died so I was a little down to work. But, I found some strenght when he started to get better so I've done some work.

So, the h100i mod was a bust. I managed to damage the pump. So, found a cheap pump and used the h100i block and radiator as the pieces for the watercooling. The down side of this pump is that it has to be inside a reservoir. I left it to the end since I've done one already that only got me problems with leaks lol.

But now, some photos. Hope you enjoy.

CPU Block

Radiator ready for painting.. Same colour as the block (Forgot to take pictures, again, my head is kinda screwed at the moment sorry)

The pain in the butt pump lol

Cutted the window

The back window made the cut for the radiator (yes, there will be a fan grill there).
BTW, my car is a real artist! look at the work of art it done to the pain! :p

Aluminium meets acrylic...

For a cut done with a grinder is not that bad eheh

Window + Acrylic meets the case and final location:

And finally fixed in place

Still have to find a way to keep the top window open without a aluminium bar keeping it open lol

Fans ready to get the orange!

And this is it. I know that is not a super huge update but again, I've had a preety bad week and trust me. I've a lot of hours in this. Hope you enjoy and soon I'll post more pics.

Wish you a good weekend!

NightRider

Hello everyone!

It took me a while to post a update but it's finally here. And it's the final update since this are the final photos.

About the work. Damn it was a hard work. I've had a lot of issues, mostly related with the watercooling, but also with sleeving. Thanks post office, for taking a freaking month to give me my sleeving and cables order lol.

But it was also a lot of fun. I really enjoyed doing this mod, looking at the pics as it was before and as it is now...

I want to give a HUGE thanks to SilverStone for helping me out. If it wasn't for you, probably this build would never be a reality.

Before I start posting, please remember that this was done with a extremely low budget, ALL the cuts were hand made (trust me, those letters were HARD to do lol) and I'm still working on getting better on painting.

But, without further delay, here are the final pictures!

Kept the front intact because well, this front looks so good already...

The back panel. Cutted the panel for the radiator...

Homemade Reservoir :D

What a beautiful PSU. Strong, reliable, modular, with cables very easy to rout... Amazing PSU, it really is...

And those fans... Superb!

Cable lacing with 0.3mm metalic wire eheh. Keeps the cables in place, super easy to use and very strong!!

Yeah, that is a h100i cpu block lol

And yeah, this is it good people. Hope you enjoyed it, it was really nice to do and I loved to work with SilverStone.

Soon I'll have updates on my other case (that will also get a SilverStone PSU and fans and also a new pump and hard tubing) and who knows, maybe I'll find a new project some of this days.

Hope you've enjoyed it and please, leave your feedback!

Thanks once again. Have a great weekend!! :D

System Name Ryzen 2023
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700
Motherboard Asrock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G Skill Flare X5 2x16gb cl32@6000 MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 6950 XT Nitro + gaming Oc
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 1TB 64MB 7k SATA600 Blue WD10EZEX, WD Black SN850X 1Tb nvme
Display(s) LG 27GP850P-B
Case Corsair 5000D airflow tempered glass
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-850W
Mouse A4Tech V7M bloody
Keyboard Genius KB-G255
Software Windows 10 64bit
Nice job.