• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quick question (installing drivers/cp)

System Name Dell Workstation t5810
Processor Xeon CPU's E5-2683 v4 Broadwell-E Technology
Motherboard Broadwell-E X99
Cooling Default fan System Level 3
Memory 48GB DDR4
Video Card(s) ASRock Vega 56 8GB
Storage 4 External SSD, 4 External HDD
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Case Dell Precision 7810 Case
Audio Device(s) RealTek High Definition
Power Supply 825 Watts PSU
Mouse Soundless Black Quiet Mouse
Keyboard Dell Black
Software Windows Pro 10 x64
I know how to install drivers without the whole package, but once i have the driver install , how do i install the control panel from a older driver package to go along with the newer driver?

I don't believe that is possible. Doesn't the new driver set have a control panel included with the drivers?

If I was trying this, I'd have a look at the executables in the bin64 folder once it is unzipped. Usually a managed install will just run them in order, so my guess would be ATISetup, but I have no idea if it will work.

I did find this old post, which seems to have similar logic (tldr: it runs the installer after deleting the driver folder), but I think it's pre-adrenaline so you'd have to change the steps (assuming it's still possible in the same way):

Download amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe from http://support.amd.com/en-us/download. (Or whatever is your card specific)

Run the exe to extract the files to C:\AMD. Copy those files to your package folder.

From the files in your package folder, delete the Packages\Apps\Raptr folder so that the games software will not be installed.

Your package folder should look like this:

Create a batch file for the silent install:

".\Bin64\setup.exe" /UNATTENDED_INSTALL:"..\packages\apps" /force_hide_first_run /autoaccept_all /force_close_when_done /ON_REBOOT_MESSAGE:NO

By specifying "..\packages\apps" the AMD setup.exe will install all msi's found under the apps folders and child folders. The '"drivers" folder is not specified so the older drivers will not get installed.

For the SCCM detection method use the shortcut lnk:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AMD Catalyst Control Center.lnk

Or C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe