• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Randomly black screen "no signal" after windows 10 logo

Vdal89

When I boot my PC, it shows the bios menu, then starts up windows 10, shows the windows logo with the loading circle, and then, when it would normally say put the password in and login, my monitor shows "No Signal" message, and I can still login and I can hear things happening, but I can't see anything.

I reinstalled windows and drivers and nothing changes. I used the drivers I found from Nvidia's website for the GTX 1050 ti. This bug not happens with windows 10 1607 anniversary update. With that version of Windows instead of doing the no signal bug, it start with low resolution and then automatically switch to high resolution after login.

In others recents versions of Windows 10 (including the last one 20H2) the display loss the signal when windows login appear where I suppose to introduce the login password.
I try everything including:

- reinstall completely windows from scratch

- force to startup Windows with low resolution or in base video

- Reinstall driver of video card

- Do the combination win+ctrl+shift+B to refresh the display signal

And nothing happens. The only way to “solve” the problem is putting windows to sleep with the keyboard and then wake up.

I think this bug happens becouse I have a hdmi to vga adapter and maybe this cause a bug. But what surprises me is the fact that with windows 10 1607 anniversary update this bug not happens.
To solve this problem I create a windows batch script with devcon.exe to disable and enable the driver:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0C01&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_06\3&11583659&0&08: Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3 - 1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor PCI Express x16 Controller - 0C01
automatically when windows login. This solve the problem all though I have to disable windows login password to make it work