• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Huntsman V3 Pro Line With Analog Optical Switches Gen-2 Unleashes Precision

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
I've been nothing but great to my Corsair K68 that I bought on a whim a few years ago, but the keys are constantly falling off. Middle of a firefight, there goes "W" flying across my desk.

I think in the process of cleaning it (popping the keys off) plus just general use, it's worn the posts/keycaps to the point they're just loose - but it's been doing it from the get go, and getting progressively worse over time. I wish I would have taken it back to Best Buy the next day.
I should probably clarify what I meant. While I still stand by my opinion, you of course have to account for the random production dud, in which case its poor quality is an inbuilt problem. Basically, you can baby the hell out of it, but due to a defect and/or design flaw, it's still going to have issues and you're probably better off either returning it if possible, or relegating it to your Tinkerers Box O' Parts.

The plastic mix for the key-caps before stamping them out probably had a skewed mixture, or there was some environmental stress on the board e.g. being in the sunlight that could of effected it, and of course taking them on and off will definitely wear the stems.

I get it, sometimes when you take care of sh!t no matter how well sometimes murphy's law will sneak up and "fix" something that aren't broken, lol, that's the sh*ts

Last edited:

chop

Sooo, I got my 5 year anniversary bonus from work, and I bought a Huntsman V3 TKL . I'm coming from a Steelseries Apex Pro TKL, so I was curious to see how much different it would be. It's only been a week, but I would say that the keys seem to need a bit more force to press, but are generally tighter and less prone to be "wobbly". The higher force is something I can get used to.

It's got an aluminum top plate and definitely feels more premium. I like a keyboard I can use to put an intruder into the hospital with, if need be, and this one is suitably sturdy. The Apex Pro is all plastic by comparison. That being said, nothing beats a Corsair for tanky-ness, but it is what it is .

The LCD on the Apex Pro is mostly a neat gimmick. The most important thing is I find the software to be much better for Razer. Steelseries GG just lacks alot of options for customization and there's unfortunately no way to save and/or import lighting and configuration profiles.

Is the Razer worth the premium price? You can usually find the Apex Pro TKL for $150 on sale. The Huntsman V3 is $220. That's an entire extra mechanical keyboard you could buy with the money left over from the Apex Pro, lol. But so far I love the Huntsman, and if you've got the money to spare, it's worth a look.

I can add that my Gen 1 Apex Pro TKL with Rapid Trigger enabled works with the limited amount of games I play except for Aliens Fireteam. For some reason it crashes the game and pc sometimes. Disabling Rapid Trigger for Aliens Fireteam is the only work-around I know of right now. Not even sure it's a known issue. Haven't investigated much into it; otherwise my gaming PC is stable.

Also not a fan of software needed to be installed for Mouse and KB peripherals. Out of the two, I'd say Razer seems a little less bloated than SS,GG. However Razer wants to install services, boo. Looking forward to experiencing the Wooting web wootility.

Last edited:
It has optical switches, which are superior to hall switches. But Wooting has macOS and Linux software.
"influenced by temperature and external magnetic forces"
Honestly doubt that has ever been a problem with a Wooting keyboard.
And I don't believe optical is better.
And Razer says they beat Wooting by 0.1ms now? Lol, Wooting is coming out with a 0.125ms keyboard this August.