• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek card on Mech-15 G2Rx

zunzara

I'm doing a clean install of Windows and I'm in the process of downloading the required drivers.
Since I've also had Sound Blaster Connect factory installed as well, I assumed that there are some Creative products present in the computer itself but Device Manager shows none.
So I'm assuming that this only works as an additional software component.
Since I have no idea which model of audio chip I actually have I ended up here by googling "Realtek + Sound Blaster Connect".
I see that there's a bunch of patched drivers here but all of them require disabling signature support and I'm not really comfortable with that.
If I'm to go down that road I need to know:
1) How can I establish my audio card model without opening my computer (if that's possible at all) to see if it even supports fancy things like DTS/Dolby or some Creative stuff?
2) What's the real advantage of this process on a laptop computer with small speakers, if any? I don't attach this to a fancy music system and mostly use it with my Bluetooth headphones, very rarely with my Panasonic wired headphones when gaming.

Thx in advance!