• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

rx580 wont show the bios

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Dude im so complicated rn i definetly cant do that its so confusing

Shame I think its one of the simplest explanations on how to do it.

System Name HAL
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard ASRock B450 Pro4
Cooling AORUS Liquid 240
Memory 32GB Teamgroup 3200mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 2060 GTX
Would this be a viable option for him to force flash the F81 bios?

Shame I think its one of the simplest explanations on how to do it.
i didnt read that all cuz i dont have any of these im just asking how can i solve my problem cuz it must be a way that it works like this guy

wait i didnt do these steps so maybe my last bios update not complate

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.

Its possible if you modded a BIOS for him. I think @eidairaman1 knows the commands better than I do for the recent versions. My guides were all out dated by this point IIRC.

However; I know that atleast with my old nvidia bios mods and specifically with SPI programming there were flags to WIPE the chip prior to flashing. Since the UEFI mod might be modifying the actual size of the bits its possible that the regions of the ROM initilizing these modules are not be overwritten properly.

For someone with a spare or onboard this isnt a big risk (if the flash failed you would just flash again using a diff bios as the chip is already in write mode) even less of a risk if you have programmer.

It might be worth a shot but airman might know the proper commands to use. Probably something like

read (do this to check for error in eeprom communication, it should just list the bios version really)
wipe (clear the entire chip)
write (write the new modified bios)

If OP cant do it I can write a batch script probably that will do this for him automatically. I have a 580 here I can test with. I would just need to know the commands. I can find them I guess but if someone has them handy that would be nice.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

Using the command prompt is what allows force flash, that is what the -f command is in amdvbflash.exe 2.93.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Anydesk is a good alternative to teamviewer
My teamviewer kept getting locked out for using it for "business" purposes remote controlling a game server in my own house
You can "set password" in anydesk and it becomes a lot easier to remote control, local devices automatically show up without needing online accounts or knowing an IP address in advance

If this is too complicated, buy another GPU and sell the RX580. Better to replace it and get some value back, instead of risking bricking the card.

Anydesk is a good alternative to teamviewer
My teamviewer kept getting locked out for using it for "business" purposes remote controlling a game server in my own house
You can "set password" in anydesk and it becomes a lot easier to remote control, local devices automatically show up without needing online accounts or knowing an IP address in advance

If this is too complicated, buy another GPU and sell the RX580. Better to replace it and get some value back, instead of risking bricking the card.
i cant sell cuz the reason not solved if i sell they will say card is broken so i cant also if i brick the gpu the solution is flash biod back right?if it is i try

Ok good

At the C:\atiflash> prompt, type in
amdvbflash.exe -f -p 0 ga580.rom
(there is a space between the .exe and -f, and a space between -f and -p and 0)press enter.

(replace ga580.rom with the name of your bios
1670435825968.png

can u help me like u see old ssid and new ssid is different so if i restart i guess its not gonna work should i change bios to old rn?

i cant sell cuz the reason not solved if i sell they will say card is broken so i cant also if i brick the gpu the solution is flash biod back right?if it is i try

1670435825968.png

can u help me like u see old ssid and new ssid is different so if i restart i guess its not gonna work should i change bios to old rn?
ok i went back bios before restart

System Name Master
Processor Pair of Xeon X5675's @ 4.3
Motherboard SR-2 Classified
Memory 12 GB of Corsair Dominator GT's @ 2000 7-7-7-21
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX680
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750

View attachment 273415

ok i went back bios before restart
Should have left it. Would have worked. :p

Using the command prompt is what allows force flash, that is what the -f command is in amdvbflash.exe 2.93.
ok today i modded my gpu bios with python and gopupdate but i cant still have access bios.

Its possible if you modded a BIOS for him. I think @eidairaman1 knows the commands better than I do for the recent versions. My guides were all out dated by this point IIRC.

However; I know that atleast with my old nvidia bios mods and specifically with SPI programming there were flags to WIPE the chip prior to flashing. Since the UEFI mod might be modifying the actual size of the bits its possible that the regions of the ROM initilizing these modules are not be overwritten properly.

For someone with a spare or onboard this isnt a big risk (if the flash failed you would just flash again using a diff bios as the chip is already in write mode) even less of a risk if you have programmer.

It might be worth a shot but airman might know the proper commands to use. Probably something like

read (do this to check for error in eeprom communication, it should just list the bios version really)
wipe (clear the entire chip)
write (write the new modified bios)

If OP cant do it I can write a batch script probably that will do this for him automatically. I have a 580 here I can test with. I would just need to know the commands. I can find them I guess but if someone has them handy that would be nice.
i modded myself with this video
and flashed my gpu but still cant have access my bios.

ok guys thank you so much i download the f81 bios on gigabyte the device id was different but i tried to flash and guess what i so my older bios device name was rx580gaming 8g and new bios is 4g now i can see the bios thank you @Mussels @eidairaman1 and everyone

1671006249335.png

ups whats going on.

shesssssh ok i download the gpu driver everythings fine now thank you everyone again