• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Spawn

M

MISTERSMIFF

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Coolermaster Centurion 5 case
Asus mobo
AMD Opteron 175 overclocked
XFX 7900 GS extreme overclocked 25%
2GB Corsair XMS ram
2x WD 160GB SATA HD
1 WD 260GB SATA HD
2x Samsung DVD-RW

Mods:
I cut the Spawn window with my Dremel, and had a auto shop paint the case gloss black. I printed the Spawn image on 5 sheets of overhead projector film and mounted on the inside of plexiglass. I then traced the eyes with glow paint. I cut a hole in the upper back side wall of the case and ran my power cables behind the wall and back out at the edge of the mobo. helps air flow, looks cleaner. I know the spawn figure may look childish, but i couldn't help myself.

the Spawn image is semi-transparent, and you can see the drives/mobo thru it. This case stays cool and is very quiet. You can see my whole setup, with Razer mouse and Saitek keyboard. PC is almost a year old. may me upgrading soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrPr3f3ct

Processor AMD FX-60 2.61GHz Dual Core OC'd to 2.94 GHz
Motherboard ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Cooling CPU - Zalman 7000B Cu LED
Memory 2.5 GB PC3200
Video Card(s) BFG 8800 GT OC 512MB
Storage Yeah I got one or two... Nothin' special
Display(s) MAG 22" Widescreen LCD
Case CM Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Power Supply Antec Tru-Power Quattro 850
Software Win XP Pro
7/10 Interesting....

I've gotta' say, I applaude your ingenuity. The use of printed transparency in layers is something I hadn't thought of. It creates a professional, yet unique look. Could you post more pictures of it in natural light? I'd love to see what it looks like without being backlit.

As cool as this is, I couldn't help but ding you a couple of points for wire management. Don't get me wrong, your case looks fairly clean, I just think you could have hidden more of the spaghetti...

Um, oops. Forgot to rate it the first time.

Last edited:

Bulletproof101

It has nothing to do with Spawn at all, except for the action figure. I would have at least used green led lights with a black/white/red paint job. Also, wiring is a bit rough.