• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Suggestion

tony_r

How about having the temp displayed when the mouse is over the tray icon (or an option to have the temp permanently displayed in lieu of the app icon) rather than just displaying the app name and version which isn't of any use.

K

kyle2020

There are other programs that can do this, such as everest with a sidebar gadget. GPU-Z is a light-weight program, it doesnt need such features really.

tony_r

It isn't a question of need, it is a question providing useful functionality. Since it has a 'mouse over icon' display then why not have something useful displayed. Surely the whole point of the app is to be useful and user friendly - why force the user to have to click to open the app to read the temp and then have to click again to send it back to the tray when the info could easily be obtained by a quick mouse over icon, or better still, being permanently displayed in the tray instead of the icon.

K

kyle2020

Oh no, opening a tab in gpu-z is so strenuous :laugh:

You can open 2 gpu-z windows, have one on your clocks, the other on temperature. simple.

/thread.

tony_r

Have it your way - possibily I am being too overly influenced by my years as a professional IT project manager resulting in my paying too much attention on delivering technical solutions that focus on providing user benefit rather than developer convenience.

K

kyle2020

Im sorry but all im saying is it isnt hard to open two or more gpu-z windows. I can see where you are coming from with the notification area suggestion though.