• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The execution of rewards in game stores, why I think Uplay is still the best with Epic's new announcement of in-client rewards

Space Lynx

Astronaut

After having just read this article, using points you earn for game discounts is all and well, but I still find it lackluster, as I find steam points lackluster on enhancing my profile that no one ever looks at, or emotes that I rarely if ever use in steam chats... I always disliked the card system, felt pointless to me.

Anyways, Uplay rewards are still the best imo, even though I am not a huge fan of Ubisoft, this is one thing they did better than the other clients. After unlocking achievements in-game, you earn points to unlock exclusive gear or mounts for said games, and I have always found this fascinating. It's only time in my life I ever cared for achievements and it made me actually want to do them because the rewards were so cool.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
They must have a following given they all implement it, but I just don’t care. Iv never used any of them.

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
All those rewards are useless and just a bait.

CS:GO (Steam) was the only game I actually made profit. Like 40 bucks over 5 years by selling skins and boxes.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
They must have a following given they all implement it, but I just don’t care. Iv never used any of them.

I have seen people go crazy over the Steam rewards stuff, those 300+ level Steam Accounts, there are surpirsingly a lot of them, thats a lot of "extra" money Valve makes that no one ever seems to talk about, sure its only a few pennies every transactions for the fee they take when you buy and sell cards from games, but its a lot of transactions.

All those rewards are useless and just a bait.

CS:GO (Steam) was the only game I actually made profit. Like 40 bucks over 5 years by selling skins and boxes.

I only played DOTA like twice in my entire life, literally two days out of my entire life. It was never for me, but I remember several years ago I got a drop from it, and I checked the steam marketplace, it was worth a surprising amount of money, I forget how much now, but I remember my jaw dropping. So yeah, got me a free game or two from that sell.

What I like about Uplay though is some of the items you can get in-game can only be unlocked through achievement points, it takes away the monetary aspect of all of it, and some of the cosmetics are actually really good for games like AC, like a certain bow style, or mount, etc. Taking away that monetary function is the key though, because it really meant you earned that bow that you wanted (even though it still wasn't hard to save up the points to unlock it).