• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

hichhamiose

Yes DTS spatial will disable if Windows spatial is turned off. The only thing I can think of is try powering off your PC for 10 minutes, by that I mean shutdown + wall switch off.
I have had plenty of weird Windows issues that magically go away if you fully power down. You can get residual data that reloads, its a total nightmare.

An example, for some reason I can't remember Windows reset the HDA bus, with a new ID. After a full disc restore, the same happened (new bus).
When I did the restore again, but then powered off the machine for 10 minutes, then booted, no new bus, same as restore.

Note, my pagefile is on another drive, and I always wipe it when I restore my Windows partition.
Interesting is that shutdown + achieved by SHIFT+ Power off? Honestly I'm so like noob in all of windows, don't understand plenty of stuff I'll give all the terms you mentioned a look so I can understand thanks again for replying!

No just an ordinary shutdown, then unplug it, or turn it off at the wall so it has no power and residual data is lost.
Not saying it will fix the problem, just that I have had issues that persist until full shutdown.

Another one I have heard of, is to go into bios and disable onboard sound, boot, shutdown, re-enable.

I have also had an issue with a fresh Windows install, and my DTS DCH driver, sounds like too much spatial.
The above fixes it, however if I re-install, I don't get the issue at all, only when fresh.

DTS:X, will configure the spatial APO (built in Windows), which is why audio quality increases just by installing it.
My best guess is for some reason Windows misbehaves if the previous driver was Microsoft.

----

Multiple times I have seen people ignore restart requests by drivers and software, not good.
Windows is not Linux, you definitely need to shutdown (restart), if told to.

The boot process for my Asus mobo is different to the boot process for a restart.
A shutdown boot there is a delay period with blank screen, restart none.

Last edited:

hichhamiose

No just an ordinary shutdown, then unplug it, or turn it off at the wall so it has no power and residual data is lost.
Not saying it will fix the problem, just that I have had issues that persist until full shutdown.

Another one I have heard of, is to go into bios and disable onboard sound, boot, shutdown, re-enable.

I have also had an issue with a fresh Windows install, and my DTS DCH driver, sounds like too much spatial.
The above fixes it, however if I re-install, I don't get the issue at all, only when fresh.

DTS:X, will configure the spatial APO (built in Windows), which is why audio quality increases just by installing it.
My best guess is for some reason Windows misbehaves if the previous driver was Microsoft.

----

Multiple times I have seen people ignore restart requests by drivers and software, not good.
Windows is not Linux, you definitely need to shutdown (restart), if told to.

The boot process for my Asus mobo is different to the boot process for a restart.
A shutdown boot there is a delay period with blank screen, restart none.
Oh yeah didn't read well it's almost off the wall 3 to 4 times a week since some days I don't use the desktop at all, did managed to disable most off them only kept dolby or sometimes dts,
As you said all I wanted to relisten to the original sound I had but that dts improves sound even not having it enabled

Well as mentioned I am not using analogue, I am using digital SPDIF. I don't use the spatial options in Windows (they are stereo only, I am using multichannel).
I also don't install the DTS:X app, again because the selectable modes are for stereo, in multichannel mode its configured automatically.

If I was to use analogue and stereo, I would use just DTS and Realtek (DTS DCH), and change DTS modes if needed.
I would not enable any spatial modes in Windows still, as the extra processing adds a small delay.

Even without Windows spatial in use, I still get a higher audio quality, without using any apps whatsoever, due to the DTS preset I made.
It will still configure the spatial APO, but essentially in DSP mode, where it restores audio a bit, before FX processing.

I don't even register the extra Realtek file to unlock all features with the Realtek app, as again its mostly all stereo.

Pressing the off button in the DTS:X app, with my preset, in stereo mode, will turn off all DTS FX points.

Last edited:

johnnybee

it there a way too add 7.1 Dolby digital plus to spidif or HDMI and i don't mean that program cause all i seam too get is Dolby digital 5.1

Drugus

Hi
can I ask you a question?
with the stock drivers , my realtek does sound so bright , too much high frequencies
only if i use an audio application with wasapi event ,it does play great
is there some tips to have a neutral sound?
is there some fix?
I was thinking about apo equalizer but i don't know how compare and equalize
thanks

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
trying to install the latest version from a updated post from alenfox this shows up im so confused

Attachments

• wtf my dood .jpg
    wtf my dood .jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 48