• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
@Pihto, i can't find the .dll file in the patcher but can search it in win explorer. any idea?

The PATCHER does not content any dll , you have to point the PATCHER to correct dll file so the PATCHER can do what it is designed for , PATCHING dll :)

1 download the latest REALTEK driver , unrar , unzip ,un7zip it what ever you use
2 open the unzipped FOLDER and look for >WIN64 folder > find this two dlls RltkAPO.dll & RltkAPO64.dll
3 point the patcher to each dll and execute (maybe you dont need both however I did it my self )
4. Install the driver and follow A1 method installation worked for me every time .

Hope this help

agasoft

Hello folks,
I registered here just to post to this thread.
I have another problem with Realtek, but hope that someone could help me to unlock or solve it.
I am totaly blind man and sound is so important in my life.
My computer have motherboard Asus H81MR series with some kind of newer Realtek software, I never seen before.
The problem is that in manager option "Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously" completely missing in Connector settings.
When I uninstall Realtek, windows correctly doing this, but then I have no equalizer.
However, when I install my Realtek driver from my Gigabyte motherboard, Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously appeared.
Why asus locked it and have I any chanse to use my original driver with that option enabled?
Does this patch unlocks it?

Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
@dvojinov can you please guide me to the page in this thread which details the A1 method of installation? thanks.
1. Download the A1 unlocked drivers IN YOUR CASE USE THE PATCHED ONE you did

2. Installed realteck latest driver

2. Look for RtkAPO64.dll in Windows\System32\ <---- IGNORE THIS STEP

3. Copy and replace the unlocked 64 bits dll file intoto Windows\System32\ <------ IGNORE THIS STEP

4. Open Regedit & find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value), Set Value to 1. <----- DO THIS STEP !!!!!!!!!

6. Restart

onlytanmoy

@dvojinov thanks for the prompt response mate...below is what i have done so far:-
1 downloaded the latest REALTEK driver, extracted them
2 opened the unzipped FOLDER and looked for >WIN64 folder > found this two dlls RltkAPO.dll & RltkAPO64.dll
3 pointed the patcher to each dll and execute
4 Installed the driver
5 Dolby Home Theater and DTS Neo got enabled for me

so now i need to do the below step?
Regedit & find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value), Set Value to 1

and restart...what will this change?

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
yes , however once you back in the system check REGEDIT agin and be sure this DWORD "DisableProtectedAudioDG" is in place a the value is set to 1

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
@dvojinov thanks for the prompt response mate...below is what i have done so far:-
1 downloaded the latest REALTEK driver, extracted them
2 opened the unzipped FOLDER and looked for >WIN64 folder > found this two dlls RltkAPO.dll & RltkAPO64.dll
3 pointed the patcher to each dll and execute
4 Installed the driver
5 Dolby Home Theater and DTS Neo got enabled for me

so now i need to do the below step?
Regedit & find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value), Set Value to 1

and restart...what will this change?

well you know what? Im not entirely sure about this step , I did it so no harm done and everything works but if you have everything enabled you may skip it as well , maybe Pihto can clarefy this

Last edited:

agasoft

Hello,
What I am doing wrong?
Installed realtek driver.
Opened patch.exe.
It want to open some files, probably RtkAPO64.dll.
I am trying to navigate with patch to system32, but there, it cannot locate this file, even this file is present. I can see it with windows explorer.
But with patch I cannot.
I copied original RtkAPO64.dll to another location, patched it, and tried to replace.
Stopped audio service.
After restart, Windows said that realtek enhancements made problem, and offered me to reenable it.
It seams that file is not replaced, and I got nothing.
What I did wrong?

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Hello,
What I am doing wrong?
Installed realtek driver.
Opened patch.exe.
It want to open some files, probably RtkAPO64.dll.
I am trying to navigate with patch to system32, but there, it cannot locate this file, even this file is present. I can see it with windows explorer.
But with patch I cannot.
I copied original RtkAPO64.dll to another location, patched it, and tried to replace.
Stopped audio service.
After restart, Windows said that realtek enhancements made problem, and offered me to reenable it.
It seams that file is not replaced, and I got nothing.
What I did wrong?

You try to PATCH an active system file within system32 , this is what you doing wrong try this :

"The PATCHER does not content any dll , you have to point the PATCHER to correct dll file so the PATCHER can do what it is designed for , PATCHING dll :)

1 download the latest REALTEK driver , unrar , unzip ,un7zip it what ever you use
2 open the unzipped FOLDER and look for >WIN64 folder > find this two dlls RltkAPO.dll & RltkAPO64.dll
3 point the patcher to each dll and execute (maybe you dont need both however I did it my self )
4. Install the driver and follow A1 method installation worked for me every time ."

I believe that once you do the patching correct you just install the drivers and that you dont have to mess with A1 method and editing REGEDIT as before , not entirely sure but looks like it .

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
people PLEASE read posts above , research a little bit it is all answered here several time

onlytanmoy

@dvojinov heres something to share bro...i was not having any sound in youtube..but after i applied the adopted the below step and rebooted my m/c..youtube sound was back in all its glory...yeyyyyy...thanks man :)
Open Regedit & find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value), Set Value to 1.

onlytanmoy

@dvojinov when i right click the speaker icon in my system tray and click on playback devices, i am getting the below pop-up
---------------------------
Audio Enhancements Problem
Windows has detected that audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems:

Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Would you like to disable Driver Enhancements for this device?
Yes No
at the moment i am hitting No, but what is this and can it be bypassed?

PaulKemp

omg what a rabbit hole this thing is. I swear the last few hours has been frustating. I am using a Astro MixAmp 2011 as the reciever and a Asus z97-PLUS MB as the source.

1) I have DD Live as a setting in the Advanced tab, but no test tone is playing. Tone plays when using Dolby Digital in "Supported formats"-tab. So I presume it does not work? This is on 2.79 using method A1.
2) Do I need to restart Windows with advanced and "enable usigned driver" EVERY time i reboot?

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
@dvojinov when i right click the speaker icon in my system tray and click on playback devices, i am getting the below pop-up
Audio Enhancements Problem
Windows has detected that audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems:

Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Would you like to disable Driver Enhancements for this device?
Yes No
at the moment i am hitting No, but what is this and can it be bypassed?

Iv seen this with some driver releases however rarely what driver release did you patch ?

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
6.0.1.7865 this is the one I used with the patcher and A1 regedit , are they maybe named with extra DOLBY something or this are regular ? because I experienced problems like this with drivers named like this :
Realtek High Definition Audio (HDA) R2.8x (7865) + Dolby WHQL

:So i would suggest to download the normal one and repeat what you did before , I would also recommend to uninstall current Relatek drivers before manually . Also it would be good if you try with an older release maybe one below this that you have now and see what is going to happen...I know it is a play an pain in the ass but it is like it is unfortunately .

onlytanmoy

i am using the normal one mate...anyways that nagging pop-up comes only when i right click on vol.icon..else all ok..so i guess i will love with it :)

djshauny1

Does anyone have a tutorial to do this on Windows 10 please? been throught he thread and cant seem to get anything to work. Cheers

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Does anyone have a tutorial to do this on Windows 10 please? been throught he thread and cant seem to get anything to work. Cheers

well most of it is W10 tutorials except the original post (1)

Howlerin

Has anyone had what I think are compatibility issues with the patcher on Win10?

I managed to download it but when I try to run the patcher I get a "This app can't run on your PC" error.

Any thoughts?

markofwolves

Ok, I’ve Dolby Digital but don’t work perfectly. The sound is great and clear but the voice don’t come from center channel but from right and left.
All channel work, surround left and right work great. Center is strange, work but don’t like a center channel.

If I go to Realtek – Advanced – Dolby Digital and I Run the test the sound come only from left and right. Same with DTS.
If i go to Supported Format, the test work great in all channel.

How I can fix? I need a real Dolby Digital and no this strange mix audio. Thanks for the support.

markofwolves

Ok, is my error because i don't select Dolby Digital in Realtek Device Manager. I select only in the basic audio device, look the image:

5.1 now work perfectly. I test trailer from windows 10 film and all is ok. Voice from the center and effect from the other channel. But this don't work for videogames. When i run videogame the center don't work perfecty and the voice come from left and right. In the game all five channel work but not correctly. I think PC game don't support 5.1 like PS4 or Xbox. How I can fix?
Thanks for the support.

Last edited: