• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

upload speed issue

System Name HP envy 17 3090nr
Processor Intel core i7-2670QM 2.2ghz
Memory 8gb
Storage 1TB
Software Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Benchmark Scores Windows experience index 6.9
Hello,

I have D Link DIR 615 router which was working absolutely fine with my previous ISP.

I shifted to another city recently and taken new ISP, but i have upload speed issue.
My plan is of upto 50mbps speed , they say i will get minimum 80% download and 50% upload speed.

I am getting download speed, variable but more than 25-30 mbps. But upload speed many times i dont get, get close to zero (0.05-0.5mbps) , if i reboot router 2-3 times, then i get upload speed..daily morning when i switch on router and check upload speed, it is near ero but after rebooting router 2-3 times, it is fine..

Is it my ISP issue or router issue? any solution?

I had no issue with previous ISP & same Router with it..

Please give your inputs. Thx.

Seeking advise from TPU experts..Plz provide ur valuable inputs.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Not enough information.

What type of connection do you have, is there a modem involved, is the router updated to the latest firmware, are the settings correct for the type of connection you have?

It's also quite an old router, it might've gotten damaged in the move somehow. You might want to consider getting something a bit better and not a D-Link router as they're honestly quite horrid.

Memory 8gb
Storage 1TB
Not enough information.

What type of connection do you have, is there a modem involved, is the router updated to the latest firmware, are the settings correct for the type of connection you have?

It's also quite an old router, it might've gotten damaged in the move somehow. You might want to consider getting something a bit better and not a D-Link router as they're honestly quite horrid.

1.I have wired broadband connection by airlinkcpl.net.
2.No modem involved. Connection direct to router.
3. I have not updated firmware myself, purchased 4 months back only, and firmware is 20.07
4. Connection PPPoE, User name and password. That's it, nothing else done specifically, same was in my old ISP and had no issues.. This time ISP suggested me to change "connection type from connect on demand to continuous" and change MTU to 1472 but still I m getting upload issue sometimes. When it is fine, it remains so until I switch off and on router, issue only when I start it again, and resolve by rebooting 1-3 times usually.
5. Not damaged, it was brought personally by myself, not in transport, and as I say, no other issue , download speed is fine, upload is also fine but many times need to reboot 2-3 times for upload speed when switching on router in morning.
6. In India, this model isn't old, it is running well for home use. I had tp link previously and their support is horrible, so bought d link this time.

Apart from these, I had issue in downloading from torrent also, I am getting download speed 25-30+ Mbps on my UpTo 50mbps plan, but in torrent, with good seeders, I don't get consistent speed and Max UpTo 2-3mbps, sometimes 5-7 Mbps, but most of the times, <1 Mbps. I had no issue with.torrent Download speed also with my previous ISP Excitel.com

Processor INTEL CORE I9-9900K @ 5Ghz all core 4.7Ghz Cache @1.305 volts
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z390-P ATX
Cooling CORSAIR HYDRO H150I PRO RGB 360MM 6x120mm fans push pull
Memory CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3000Mhz 4x8 32gb @ 4000Mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GEFORECE RTX 2080 SUPER XC HYBRID GAMING
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe,Intel 660p 1TB m.2 ,1TB WD Blue 3D NAND,500GB WD Blue 3D NAND,
Display(s) 50" Sharp Roku TV 8ms responce time and Philips 75Hz 328E9QJAB 32" curved
Case BLACK LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC XL FULL-TOWER GAMING CASE,
Power Supply 1600 Watt
Software Windows 10
Hello,

I have D Link DIR 615 router which was working absolutely fine with my previous ISP.

I shifted to another city recently and taken new ISP, but i have upload speed issue.
My plan is of upto 50mbps speed , they say i will get minimum 80% download and 50% upload speed.

I am getting download speed, variable but more than 25-30 mbps. But upload speed many times i dont get, get close to zero (0.05-0.5mbps) , if i reboot router 2-3 times, then i get upload speed..daily morning when i switch on router and check upload speed, it is near ero but after rebooting router 2-3 times, it is fine..

Is it my ISP issue or router issue? any solution?

I had no issue with previous ISP & same Router with it..

Please give your inputs. Thx.
That sounds like your ISP is the issue...I bet even with out rebooting the router that you'll find every so often you will get the occasional rebooted router speeds.

EDIT...reset your router with the pin hole and set it up again and test if the same then I think its the above.

Memory 8gb
Storage 1TB
That sounds like your ISP is the issue...I bet even with out rebooting the router that you'll find every so often you will get the occasional rebooted router speeds.

EDIT...reset your router with the pin hole and set it up again and test if the same then I think its the above.

1. I didn't get what do u mean by this
"even with out rebooting the router that you'll find every so often you will get the occasional rebooted router speeds.". Can u explain plz?

2. I did reset by clicking on reset button in settings, not hard reset, is it same or you want me to do hard reset?

Thanks.