• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Vaio Wiresless Adapters Speed Problem ?!

B

Beny-Nvidia

Hi,
im using the university's network via VAIO wireless adapter, but i have speed issue ...
some other notebooks like DELL and toshiba models can get high up to 10 mb/s speed but my vaio cant even reach 1 mb/s ! although sometimes it makes some improvements and get higher up to 1 mb/s even 2 mb/s but its not stable ...
the wireless chip is : Marvell® Atheros® AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter Driver
i think there is a built-in software in these VAIO series that gets in front of this huge bandwidth ... my laptop model is F12BFX ...

i checked it with some other VAIO series and they had this problem too ... but some times they do better than mine ... and it makes me think about that maybe the Access Point is the problem ...
the access point looks like this but im not sure if its the correct model but im sure it looks like same ...

http://shop.persiantools.com/network/router/linksys_wrt120n

i dont really know what to say but if any of you lads had this kinda experience id be happy if u share it with me ...

p.s: i've got a 1 mb/s at home and i have no problems about Stability of the speed when im working with it ... but at collage ... it just cant suck the BW ...

kimbrasil

Maybe your adapter is negotiating an different protocol to IEEE 802.11 tecnology, probably not fully supported by your university network equipment.

Is possible force the protocol right-clicking the connection > properties > advanced > Wireless mode.

Try it! But i'm hipotesing that, can be other prob.