• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Windows Store not working (FIX)

System Name ❶ Oooh (2024) ❷ Aaaah (2021) ❸ Ahemm (2017)
Processor ❶ 5800X3D ❷ i7-9700K ❸ i7-7700K
Motherboard ❶ X570-F ❷ Z390-E ❸ Z270-E
Cooling ❶ ALFIII 360 ❷ X62 + X72 (GPU mod) ❸ X62
Memory ❶ 32-3600/16 ❷ 32-3200/16 ❸ 16-3200/16
Video Card(s) ❶ 3080 X Trio ❷ 2080TI (AIOmod) ❸ 1080TI
Storage ❶ NVME/SSD/HDD ❷ <SAME ❸ SSD/HDD
Display(s) ❶ 1440/165/IPS ❷ 1440/144/IPS ❸ 1080/144/IPS
Case ❶ BQ Silent 601 ❷ Cors 465X ❸ Frac Mesh C
Audio Device(s) ❶ HyperX C2 ❷ HyperX C2 ❸ Logi G432
Power Supply ❶ HX1200 Plat ❷ RM750X ❸ EVGA 650W G2
Mouse ❶ Logi G Pro ❷ Razer Bas V3 ❸ Logi G502
Keyboard ❶ Logi G915 TKL ❷ Anne P2 ❸ Logi G610
Benchmark Scores I have wrestled bandwidths, Tussled with voltages, Handcuffed Overclocks, Thrown Gigahertz in Jail
Just had to share this as it may be useful to someone else.

I use whatsapp on my desktop for work and personal purposes. Best piece of comms kit ive got on the mobile and desktop for messaging, sharing images/quick screenshots and super seamlessly applied snapshots from excel. A couple of weeks ago, i started receiving messages to update the app using "Windows Store" or risk losing access completely opposed to directly downloading from the source (which has always been the norm). 10 days ago i started seeing a 30-day countdown deadline so i submitted to downloading the latest version from the store. At every attempt it didn't work. Tried everything i could think of. Eventually turned to App repair/reset, clearing cache, running wsreset.exe, checking updates, etc etc. Searched and tried the living life out of every solution i could find online.... even run/powershell commands to get rid of the store and then pull it back in. Nothing worked... eventually got in touch with MS who ran a couple of other PS commands to remove the store but then hit a brickwall at some point where downloading/installing it back was no longer possible. Yep now we couldn't get the store back at all.

Eventually, a quick MS fix which did work: Create a new user account! (yep i should of thought of that) For some this might be useful. For me, i rather reinstall windows fresh opposed to transferring everything (including many layers of personalised settings) from one user to another. Its hardly satisfying leaving a problem unresolved and moving on.

Anyway - back to MS store.... a few days later, i fancied another crack at the powershell commands and googled all relevant strings. Tried a couple without success and then BOOM i hit GOLD!!!

solution: scroll down to "Reinstall Windows 10 Store via PowerShell" once complete, restarted the machine and its working again!! YAYY!!

If anyone fell into the same pit... and the above solution didn't work: You can still access whatsapp via the browser and i'm sure some of them offer the option of installing a browser-based app to desktop for quick access.