• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

x670e aorus pro x VGA led on but everything is working as intended.

hi there folks, ive noticed this has happend to me more than once but the system seems to be working as it should, i have image on my monitor so thats why its confusing i would assume that the led would turn on when i wouldnt even have anything on my monitor so it would be an effective notification of something wrong with either the monitor, cable, gpu.

this led goes on randomly like i cant even specify a specific moment for it to show.
1- i can only assume that it would happen when i go away from the computer for a good time and when i come back something happens
2- sometimes during booting theres a "no display" image at the monitor before going windows but thats it.
as to what could be the cause of this, i really have no idea or its just some kind of bug from nvidia thats not fixed and im not aware of.

im using a displayport cable, no hdmi.
monitor: asus tuf vg27aq3a
rtx 4070 asus dual.

System Name Favourite toy(s)
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X lapped @ Custom PBO boost & Ryzen 7 7700 @ stock
Motherboard Asrock X670E Steel Legend / Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite
Cooling Deep Cool AK620 / Stock cooler
Memory G.Skill F5-5600J3036D16GX2-FX5 / Corsair Vengeance CMH32GX5M2B5600C36
Video Card(s) RX 6800 XT factory OC + 2600core|2150mem / iGPU
Storage 1 + 2TB T-Force Cardea A440 pro / 2 x Kingston KC3000 1TB
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG34VQL3A / Samsung C32G55TQWE
Case MSI MPG Sekira 100R / Silverstone Redline mATX
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE 7.1 + Audio Technica -AD500X / Onboard + Creative 2.1 soundbar
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x V2 / Corsair RM750x V2
Mouse MSI Clutch GM20 Elite / CM Reaper
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon / MSI G30 Vigor
What bios version are you on?
I have a slightly similar problem in my Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite with a buzzing sound from the speaker connectors attached to the front panel header outlets nearly every time the system boots up. This isn't just a short beep but continues for about 5-10 seconds approx. but apart from that the system works flawlessly & consistently once in windows. No beta bios on this system either.
I could pull the speaker header unit off but can't be bothered opening the box as its in a bit of an inconvenient location. So I just put up with it until next time I need to do hardware changes inside.

Putting this out there cause' it could be a "quirk" with certain Gigabyte AM5 boards.

What bios version are you on?
I have a slightly similar problem in my Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite with a buzzing sound from the speaker connectors attached to the front panel header outlets nearly every time the system boots up. This isn't just a short beep but continues for about 5-10 seconds approx. but apart from that the system works flawlessly & consistently once in windows. No beta bios on this system either.
I could pull the speaker header unit off but can't be bothered opening the box as its in a bit of an inconvenient location. So I just put up with it until next time I need to do hardware changes inside.

Putting this out there cause' it could be a "quirk" with certain Gigabyte AM5 boards.
yeah i have no idea whats up with this, on my previous gigabyte mobo which was a b550m aorus elite that had no speaker from the motherboard so if something was wrong there i never knew, till this new motherboard i got that comes with leds now im seeing that red light getting on very randomly because it doesnt occur every time.
im using F23 bios

System Name Favourite toy(s)
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X lapped @ Custom PBO boost & Ryzen 7 7700 @ stock
Motherboard Asrock X670E Steel Legend / Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite
Cooling Deep Cool AK620 / Stock cooler
Memory G.Skill F5-5600J3036D16GX2-FX5 / Corsair Vengeance CMH32GX5M2B5600C36
Video Card(s) RX 6800 XT factory OC + 2600core|2150mem / iGPU
Storage 1 + 2TB T-Force Cardea A440 pro / 2 x Kingston KC3000 1TB
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG34VQL3A / Samsung C32G55TQWE
Case MSI MPG Sekira 100R / Silverstone Redline mATX
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE 7.1 + Audio Technica -AD500X / Onboard + Creative 2.1 soundbar
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x V2 / Corsair RM750x V2
Mouse MSI Clutch GM20 Elite / CM Reaper
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon / MSI G30 Vigor
yeah i have no idea whats up with this, on my previous gigabyte mobo which was a b550m aorus elite that had no speaker from the motherboard so if something was wrong there i never knew, till this new motherboard i got that comes with leds now im seeing that red light getting on very randomly because it doesnt occur every time.
im using F23 bios
Sometimes weird stuff happens with hardware, just look at these forums & many others across the net concerned with PC problems, you'll see what I mean. My board is version 1.0 but Giga have v 1.2 out for a while now, so maybe they fixed some stuff on it?
Your F23 bios is an official - no beta, but the agesa version within it is a b variant. You could try updating to F24a see if that helps, if no luck, just revert back.

Sometimes weird stuff happens with hardware, just look at these forums & many others across the net concerned with PC problems, you'll see what I mean. My board is version 1.0 but Giga have v 1.2 out for a while now, so maybe they fixed some stuff on it?
Your F23 bios is an official - no beta, but the agesa version within it is a b variant. You could try updating to F24a see if that helps, if no luck, just revert back.
yeah was thinking of updating to the beta one, but ill rather just wait for the next official instead, other than that the system seems to be fine i would think at least.