• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Official AMD Radeon 6000 Series Discussion Thread

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Heh. actually, seems common among XFX 5870 users. In such a way that my local store doesn't carry thier products any more, due to the number of returns(and barely anyone anywhere globally has XXX model, either). I blame AMD only because they are reference.

I would blame it on a bad batch of cards. Your situation seems completely out of the norm. Very, very rarely have I seen a temperature problem with a reference 5870 unless it's a bad card from the start. Perhaps you should really try to use the warranty.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I would blame it on a bad batch of cards. Your situation seems completely out of the norm. Very, very rarely have I seen a temperature problem with a reference 5870 unless it's a bad card from the start. Perhaps you should really try to use the warranty.

Already done that....lol..

Replacement card was exactly the same. :shadedshu For some reason the fans do not spin up more than 5x%, unless I manually set the speed. That's why my cards run hot. By the temps I'm getting, and the bios, fan should be @ 70% or higher...

One card had a fan die. I replaced that cooler for less cost than the RMA. NO heat issues with the aftermarket cooling.

Secondly, the XXX cards I bought ceased to exist in February of this year. They LOWERED the spec. First warning sign...but I already had the cards.:shadedshu

So anyway, because of the lower speeds on the XXX's after I bought my cards, that are now not available, when I RMA, I get a card with 900/1250 clocks...and I have yet to actually see in retail the XFX "Black Edition" card that was to have those clocks. How come they cannot release a card with those clocks, and had to lower the XXX spec? Why don't they have anything other than reference-clocked cards for sale, basically globally?

So yeah, I definately got some bad cards. I can't argue that. :shadedshu And XFX doesn't even have a product to replace them with that meets the performance clause of thier warranty, so I'm SOL.

I bought GTX 480's just because of that. But I don't want to buy an Intel board for SLi...and AMD cpus don't have enough grunt for 3 monitors(which requires SLi on nV)....:laugh: Got the cash, just can't click the buy buttton or take my ass down to the store...

So is it just the XFX that has this issue?

I started only buying XFX becuase of the warranty, and now I regret it. I bought cards I didn't need yet, because of that warranty...but anyway, I can only comment on the XFX cards, yep. And becuase many XFX users seem to ahve the same issues, maybe it's confined to XFX ,but I cannot say that 100% for sure. I mean really...reference boards. Maybe XFX got the worst ones... I dunno.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
I find it amazing you bought GTX480's becuase of a problem with HOT 5870's... that just occurs to me as topsy turvy.

In all honesty I found the 5850 to be the absolute GEM of the 5000 series, right price, right performance, good new feature-set, stock cooling was more than adequate, and they OC like absolute manicacs.

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
...and AMD cpus don't have enough grunt for 3 monitors

wouldnt it be more dependant on the gpu's, i would never think amd cpu's couldnt handle something:eek:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I find it amazing you bought GTX480's becuase of a problem with HOT 5870's... that just occurs to me as topsy turvy.

In all honesty I found the 5850 to be the absolute GEM of the 5000 series, right price, right performance, good new feature-set, stock cooling was more than adequate, and they OC like absolute manicacs.

Well, the fans don't spin up. It's not the the gpus are really hot...it's that for me, the automatic fan curve fails. Like I said, if I manually set the fan speed, no heat issues...but I'm not gonna deal with leafblowers at idle, and the profile thing on AMD sucks. It's a minor issue, but one that I feel needs to be addressed, for sure.

wouldnt it be more dependant on the gpu's, i would never think amd cpu's couldnt handle something:eek:

Seems to be a driver issue, really. Don't know why, but looking at BFBC2, for example, 10.4a is almost 50% faster than 10.9, and gpu usage is far higher, framerate is better.

So, ok, drivers can fix that...but no driver fixes the cursor corruption. That issue has finally made it's way into the release notes...last month to say it was fixed(but it wasn't), and this month to say it's a known issue. Sucks to be me.

So of course, all of these issues are things I'm hoping the 6-series can fix. Some of them might have nothing to do with my current cards, but that's all I can go on. If others users didn't have the same issues...I would have sold all my 5870's long ago, but I've been very patiently waiting for a year now for a driver that fixes it all...:mad: Guess that's my own fault.

:laugh:

Last edited:

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
Well, the fans don't spin up. It's not the the gpus are really hot...it's that for me, the automatic fan curve fails. Liek I said, if I manually set the fan speed, not heat issues...but I'm not gonna deal with leafblowers at idle, and the profile thing on AMD sucks.:

probably been suggested before but could you set your own manual fan profile using MSI afterburner? generally I just buy cards nowadays and make the curve a bit more agressive as I'm willing to trade a little noise for less heat.

odd that this only plagued XFX cards... I know the card was reference but did they tack on a non-reference cooler? if not you could just change the bios perhaps...

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Changing bios didn't fix anything, unfortunately. And yes, reference cooler, so there's alot of options out there for me. The two cards I have left aren't too bad in the temp department...they don't throttle, but are only a few degrees away. And now only so low because of the cooler fall temps....I had issues a month ago with these cards...I just didn't use 'em.

The two cards I have kept are untouched by me, except to install them, and one I flashed the bios on @ XFX's direction. When they die, I'll RMA.

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
i would accidentally kill them on purpose

cadaveca

My name is Dave
i would accidentally kill them on purpose

I could toss the faulty cooler on one of them, and RMA that card.(I'm not the only person that's had one of these fans die quickly either)...

But...

Not my style. :ohwell:

Wanna buy a 5870? :laugh:

The heat thing is no real reason to return, anyway, really. The rest of the issues I have are driver-related(hopefully, not feeling too confident on the cursor corruption one), also no reason to RMA.

I've been waiting for months for the Crosshair 4 Extreme, to do the GTX480 SLi...but then, becuase there's the LUCID crap on there, SLi isn't really supported...so my hope fo nV surround on AM3 have kinda died.

It's full of fail, this situation.:laugh: Thankfully, I truly do have alot of patience...for AMD, it;s wearing REAL thin, but maybe the 6-series will fix everything.

"Official" statements say this launch is going to be far more than what most are expecting. Given my Eyefinity/Crossfire issues, I'm loath the beleive it.

You know what though...AMD originally said Eyefinity wouldn't support Crossfire...and then they said only on 5970...then they said they were waiting for drivers for releasing that card...guess I should have known. Probably my biggest mistake was buying 5870's in stead of a 5970.

Oh. Wait. Those cards ahve all the same problems(minus the heat issue).

CTD? Check! Thread on that issue a couple lower than this one on that, even.

Cursor corruption? CHECK!

Poor multigpu scaling? CHECK!

:laugh:

My being honest screwing me over? CHECK!

:banghead:

:roll:

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
XFX really makes solid ATI cards, I am surprised that you and many others have issues with them. I think you need to update the bios because it sounds like Sapphire along with Asus Radeon cards suffer the same issues.

As for AMD, ATI & the HD 6000 series...
I am willing to give AMD & the new HD 6800's a break because nobody truly knows how they are going to perform. X-Bit labs states in one of there articles, we should expect a substantial increase in performance over the HD 5800 line up. Bring it on :cool:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
and one I flashed the bios on @ XFX's direction. When they die, I'll RMA.

I think you need to update the bios because it sounds like Sapphire along with Asus Radeon cards suffer the same issues.

:laugh: ;)

Actually, the XFX 900/1250 bios seems the most recent. I did try other bioses on the other cards, but still had some issues...

The fact anyone has had to flash bioses better not happen with the next gen.

X-Bit labs states in one of there articles, we should expect a substantial increase in performance over the HD 5800 line up. Bring it on :cool:

Got a link? I'd like to read whatever else was said too.

XFX really makes solid ATI cards, I am surprised that you and many others have issues with them.

They have been known to move to non-reference PCB's and heatsinks a little too fast for cost cutting. My old XFX 4770 had a fan bug that caused constant speed fluctuation (up to 100%) while gaming that couldn't be overridden with a user fan profile. They didn't fix it with a new BIOS until a few weeks before I sold it, had to listen to that vacuum for 6 months.

A lot of people like their generous warranty but there are some hoops to jump through and in all honesty hardware retailers generally don't last that long. It's a brutally competitive business with small margins. I wouldn't bet on a lifetime warranty unless you're expecting to have a short life.

System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Would be interesting to see speculation on shelf date; I thought that the paper launch was coming at the end of September.

Last edited:
System Name LazyOldMan
Processor 9900KF
Motherboard Asrock z390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Corsair custom Watercooled
Memory 64 Gb
Video Card(s) RX 6800 XT
Storage Too much to mention in all 980 TB
Display(s) 2 x Dell 4K @ 60 hz
Case Crap case
Audio Device(s) Realtek + Bayer Dynamics 990 Pro headset
Power Supply 1300 watt
Mouse Corsair cord mouse
Keyboard Corsair red lighter cabled keyboard ages old ;)
Mailman your insults won't do me anything, i am not even gonna react anymore on your posts. You think highly of yourself that says to me enough.

Cadaveca if you have issues with your card return it to the manufactor.

First of all i have 5 XFX cards and only one was not as it should be, the funny thing is that my defect card (4890) was under load 127 C " and gave only artifacts or errors when i used AA maxed.
Now my problem was that the reseller went bankrupt in the meantime which happens alot with IT resellers these days, so i contacted XFX direct and got a satisfactory solution.

I control only about 255 computers and about 51 of them have 2 to 4 videocards in them.

From those only 12 have nvidia cards the rest all went on the amd side ranging from 47XX up to 5970 models. All these are from different brands ofcourse.

What i am saying here is that only 4 cards in this huge collection of cards(many of those even used 24/7 on scientific projects) run with some issues ( ofcourse driver issues not included)

So in all some errors are to expected in the enormous amounts amd is selling its 4xxx/5xxx cards,
so if i where you i contacted your reseller quick because to me sounds your cards has a serious issue.

The cards of which give problems i allready have contacted the resellers about as well.

XFX is part of the pine group which was XFX and Sapphire but seems they changed it short time ago on their website, i am also aware something is changing due to the current financial climate which makes companies not to keep the warranty they promise. But they seem to have the best warranty of all manufactors.

Would be interesting to see speculation on shelf date; I thought that the paper launch was coming at the end of September.
Thats why i kept it on the safe side untill now not a serious word of tech sites or amd itself yet about the so called 6xxx.
You know if a serious launch happens all the tech sites have them in advance of all others.

Last edited:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Mailman your insults won't do me anything, i am not even gonna react anymore on your posts. You think highly of yourself that says to me enough.

Cadaveca if you have issues with your card return it to the manufactor.

First of all i have 5 XFX cards and only one was not as it should be, the funny thing is that my defect card (4890) was under load 127 C " and gave only artifacts or errors when i used AA maxed.
Now my problem was that the reseller went bankrupt in the meantime which happens alot with IT resellers these days, so i contacted XFX direct and got a satisfactory solution.

I control only about 255 computers and about 51 of them have 2 to 4 videocards in them.

From those only 12 have nvidia cards the rest all went on the amd side ranging from 47XX up to 5970 models. All these are from different brands ofcourse.

What i am saying here is that only 4 cards in this huge collection of cards(many of those even used 24/7 on scientific projects) run with some issues ( ofcourse driver issues not included)

So in all some errors are to expected in the enormous amounts amd is selling its 4xxx/5xxx cards,
so if i where you i contacted your reseller quick because to me sounds your cards has a serious issue.

The cards of which give problems i allready have contacted the resellers about as well.

XFX is part of the pine group which was XFX and Sapphire but seems they changed it short time ago on their website, i am also aware something is changing due to the current financial climate which makes companies not to keep the warranty they promise.

:laugh: Yeah the guy with "Banstick Dummy" as his title thinks "highly" of himself.

Listen man You could run one hundred million computers and STILL not know everything there is to know about them. Thats the nature and beauty of being an enthusiast. I made my point about why I think ATI needs to bring more to the table. So instead of crying that I "insulted" why don't you have a rebuttal?

mdsx1950

System Name Knight-X
Processor Intel Core i7-980X [4.2Ghz]
Motherboard ASUS P6T7 WS
Cooling CORSAIR Hydro H70 + 2x CM 2000RPM 120mm LED Fans
Memory Corsair DOMINATOR-GT 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR3 2000MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon HD6970 2GB CrossFire [PhysX - EVGA GTX260(216SP) 896MB]
Storage 2x Corsair Perf. 512GB | OCZ Colossus 1TB | 2xOCZ Agilities 120GB SSDs
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp™ 3008WFP [2560x1600]
Case Cooler Master HAF-X + NZXT Temp LCD
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X | ONKYO HTS9100THX 7.1
Power Supply Silverstone ST1500 1500W [80 PLUS Silver]
Software Windows 7 Ultimate X64 (Build 7600)
Benchmark Scores Heaven 2.0 with Extreme Tessellation at 1080p - 96FPS
Bronan. Take a chill pill mate.

MailMan has already cleared my point.

System Name LazyOldMan
Processor 9900KF
Motherboard Asrock z390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Corsair custom Watercooled
Memory 64 Gb
Video Card(s) RX 6800 XT
Storage Too much to mention in all 980 TB
Display(s) 2 x Dell 4K @ 60 hz
Case Crap case
Audio Device(s) Realtek + Bayer Dynamics 990 Pro headset
Power Supply 1300 watt
Mouse Corsair cord mouse
Keyboard Corsair red lighter cabled keyboard ages old ;)
Hmm looks your like me cadaveca search and test myself first till i give up ;)
The issues you posted are present on all brands i can promise you that, but i must say i still think many issues are somehow related to the drivers.
So sadly yes the 10.4a is still the best driver untill now, but i play starcraft2 and wanted to see what effect 10.9 has on it.
{back on topic}
Its still all rumours and nothing more then that, i believe however that amd is indeed having a better product hidden from us but the question is when does amd think its time to release it.

System Name Gamers PC
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.80 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3
Cooling Corsair H50 Cooler
Memory Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Storage 2 x WD Caviar Green 1TB SATA300 w/64MB Buffer (RAID 0)
Display(s) Samsung 2494SW 1080p 24" WS LCD HD
Case CM HAF 932 Full Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-FI TITANIUM -PCIE x 1
Power Supply Corsair TX Series CMPSU-650TX (650W)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Cayman XT :D
Memory 2.5GHz
Memory 2GB GDDR5
Bus 512-Bit
Size 394mm2
GPU 1050MHz
220W +/- 50W

cheezburger

System Name no bases
Processor E8400/e5300/qx9770
Motherboard rampage formula/DG41TY/p5q DELUXE
Cooling stock DTC cooler&copper core
Memory titanium XTC DDR2 800 2gbx4/2gbx2/ballistix 2GBx4 DDR2-800
Video Card(s) evga gtx 460 oc/zotac 9600gt amp/evga gtx 580
Storage WD cavior black 2TB 16mb eSATA 2/500gb 16mb ATA133/ OCZSSD2-1ONX32G + samsung 320gb 8mb ESATA
Case cm 690/GZ-x2/antec qaudro 1200w
Power Supply antec quattro 1200w/zumax 500w v2/antec HCG 900w
Software windows server 2008 sp2/windows xp x64 pro sp2c/windows server 2008 sp1
damn that makes me sad:(

what the hell did they do then, just throw in some more shaders or somethin cause I know it damn sure aint gonna have no 64 rops or thats gonna be one expensive ass card and im not buyin it.:shadedshu

not lookin good,

no he is right, most of the games are ports and 5850, hell a 5770 can run most decently, and its gonna be like that for the next few years until new consoles come out, consoles are here to stay, thats where the money is.

since you already own pair of 5970 it wouldn't be first time you spend on expansive card
:D i remember 5970 was at that price of $899 when it came out...why?because there are no competition! cayman and tohers are expansive because clearly we know NI will trashed full-version fermi and these feature on NI are god damn expansive....it would worth the money when cayman swipe out of 5970 in benchmark with relatively lower TDP. or it worth nothing as you said if performance and price do not match each other.

i doubt the such price/die size is not the issue why amd desperately want to launch without their fan agree with. maybe because nvidia is about to reveal fermi's replacement. rumour says that NV has giving up refresh the high end fermi line and going after next architecture that based on newer process(kapler/maxwell?)amd will not risk to wait for newer process come out to release their new product as they have terrible experience with it(r420/r520/r600). that's the reason why they rush so bad.

however this series will be short-lived as southern island will launch next year with better 28nm processor and better shader so this may be NI just a prototype version of SI with older 40nm process that make it so big. a temporary tech model that's all

All I know is the 6850 better be no more then 300 or I ain't buying shit. PLUS ATI better start bringing some new features to the table. Why? Because a 5850 will pretty much run every PC game on the market maxed out or damn close to it. Why? Because games today are ports.

Game developers no longer make PC gaming their number one priority. Consoles are. With that being said massive power boosts per generation are no longer needed. What we need is features.

Say what you want about Nvidia but at least they are trying to branch out. ATI better do the same or I am going green soon.

why don't you just not have a graphic card in your rig and instead use igp for super smash brothers and other gay wii title......

and what extra feature we need today? 3D vision? HD? hologram display like on star war? anyway because of stupid average people here that change game DV's development and design(more cute and more colorful my ass......) and also console port are mostly dx9 or even dx8 based make the game engine line unreal so cheap for license and doesn't require amount of hardware demand...but that kills the technology progress...average idiot will destroy modern civilization in near future...

This was said to be a hoax.... but it was reported to wikipedia..... If these do turn out to be true. There is no way on god's green earth I will be buying one of these cards. At $999 for a 6970 or $599 for 6870 ATI could put their cards were the sun don't shine.

I do think this is a fake though. I don't see the 6870 having a 512 Bit memory bus. It also just looks crummy put together. But still take it for what you will.

I would stay with Nvidia for right now. But anyway here is this for what it's worth and were I found it from....

http://forums.techpowerup.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=38066&stc=1&d=1285020246

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3711619

If this is real I will really have lost allot of respect for AMD/ATI. AMD/ATI used to be the company for the underdogs. If this is true they have forgot were they came from and all of those people who supported them through tough times *Cough* "2900XT"

wiki wasn't already correct indeed as most of fanboi will tend to praise some certain item while other fanboi will bash it..

but....if bart is 256bit bus and 32rops then we won't be surprise cayman is everything DOUBLE....

oh and chiphell's benchmark is bart and barts will be the hd 68xx while the cayman will be the 69xx...

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
Cayman XT :D
Memory 2.5GHz
Memory 2GB GDDR5
Bus 512-Bit
Size 394mm2
GPU 1050MHz
220W +/- 50W
Holly there did you get that info from? Sounds too good :)

System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602