• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

JeanGibon

A workarround to xaudio2 upmixing issue in dolphin emu select speakers device as default and untick dolby stuff upmix in speakers device, enable stereo mix device in recording tab and then enable listen to this device: Realtek digital ouput rca or optical.

Processor 2500k @ 4ghz
Motherboard Asrock z77 pro3
Memory Patriot 32GB(4x8GB) Viper III DDR3 1866MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX1070 ARMOR 8gb
Storage 250gb Crucial m500 SSD
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp™ U2713HM @90hz
Power Supply Corsair CX500
Mouse CM STORM
Keyboard Velocifire VM01 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
its a interesting driver...

but just buy one of these: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045JHJSS/?tag=tec06d-20 and be happy

it has all windows versions drivers...

less headache and great sound for only 30bucks
Xonar DG doesn't support dts connect and Dolby digital live. Only Xonar DS, DX, D1 and D2, D2X (the last too both of them) and those are above 30bucks ;) plus why buy something that you already have for free ;-)

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
Xonar DG doesn't support dts connect and Dolby digital live. Only Xonar DS, DX, D1 and D2, D2X (the last too both of them) and those are above 30bucks ;) plus why buy something that you already have for free ;-)
Exactly, and I for one don't want to have to use up another slot on the board when there's a perfectly fine integrated sound card. The DG isn't even PCI-E, it's PCI. I guess if you're wanting to add a sound card to a ten year old PC....

Assassin_Moder

Running on Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 10565 and nope, DD and DTS still NOT working over optical.

System Name Leviathan MK II
Processor i7 6700K
Motherboard Maximus VIII Hero
Cooling CM Nepton 240M
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory
Video Card(s) 980 Ti Strix OC
Display(s) BenQ XL2420Z and XL2420G
Case CM 690 III
Power Supply CM V1000
Mouse G502
Keyboard G910
Software Windows 10
Running on Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 10565 and nope, DD and DTS still NOT working over optical.
I don't have Windows 10 Insider preview setup, because I don't care to test their patches, but I have had multiple people tell me it is working now.

"Downloaded and installed Insider Preview build 10565, which has the fix. Have tested it out thoroughly; it works. Just like it did before, same steps necessary to install unlocked drivers and optical out. But at least it works! If you want it now, you'll need to opt-in to the Insider Program in Windows Update and set your build preference to "fast"; it will still take a little while after this to show the build as available for download."

I don't have Windows 10 Insider preview setup, because I don't care to test their patches, but I have had multiple people tell me it is working now.

"Downloaded and installed Insider Preview build 10565, which has the fix. Have tested it out thoroughly; it works. Just like it did before, same steps necessary to install unlocked drivers and optical out. But at least it works! If you want it now, you'll need to opt-in to the Insider Program in Windows Update and set your build preference to "fast"; it will still take a little while after this to show the build as available for download."
So you using the R2.73 M1 fix

When will this update be on the normal version of windows 10 ? i dont want the insiders build thing.
Do you guys not have problems with games on windows 10 ?, high cpu loads?, driver problems? other problems?

I have win 10 on laptop, but i see problems on my laptop, i dont play games on my laptop win 10, but sometimes i see high cpu loads on win 10.

Win 8.1 is my gaming rigg and it works perfectly, so im a little bit afraid to update! with the optical audio problem, maybe it works now? but with the automatic updates struggle, maybe with later updates its going to get maybe again problems.

Last edited:

fig2k4

This is my first post, but I've been referring to this thread daily for the past few months waiting on word of Windows 10 fix. :)

I now have 5.1 audio via optical in Windows 10 Insider build 10565 using the M1 method. Initially, I installed 2.75 and it worked fine but I updated to 2.79.

If you don't want to join the Insider Program, it's just a case of waiting for the mainstream update. The problem is definitely fixed.

This is my first post, but I've been referring to this thread daily for the past few months waiting on word of Windows 10 fix. :)

I now have 5.1 audio via optical in Windows 10 Insider build 10565 using the M1 method. Initially, I installed 2.75 and it worked fine but I updated to 2.79.

If you don't want to join the Insider Program, it's just a case of waiting for the mainstream update. The problem is definitely fixed.
Glad its working, i only see 2.73 on the first page ? where does it mention files for 2.79 mate, cheers

fig2k4

@knightvision Any official installer package will do, like this. My PC is mainly used as an HTPC, but I've had no problems with games. No different to Windows 8.1 anyway.

@Daytrader I don't plan on updating for a while, so I'm not sure about the new version. Here's a couple of screenshots from my install.

Last edited:
@knightvision Any official installer package will do, like this. My PC is mainly used as an HTPC, but I've had no problems with games. No different to Windows 8.1 anyway.

@Daytrader I don't plan on updating for a while, so I'm not sure about the new version. Here's a couple of screenshots from my install.

Ok thanks! i have still the normal win10. no insiders. so i wondering when this be a normal update for normal win 10 users.

I can confirm that using Windows 10 Insiders build 10565 and R2.79 A1 method i'm getting DTS Connect on Games ( i tried Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed Unity, Star Wars Battlefront beta) using realtek alc1150 digital spdif output. On Far Cry 4 though i'm getting no sound, like i used on win 8.1 too (Ubisoft's bug i think). I haven't patched any XAudio2_ .dll
I know DTS Connect is better than using Dolby Digital Live, but is DDL also working, should be working, but could you try, cheers

Dolby Digital Live you have working ?

eitamaa

I Confirm. It's working atlast on Windows 10 Insider build latest 10565

I have Dolby Digital Live selected in the Orange Realtek Application, My Decoder (Z-5500) shows Dolby Digital on the control unit, and I have surround sound from games and videos.

I couldn't get it working with 2.79 though, only with 2.75 (A1).