• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Newegg starts selling Palits!

ChillyMyst

SshadowFold, yeah PNY is Horrible, support worse then those noname OEM cards sold by fly by night vendors on froogle/yahoo shop.

Palit Guy: i would like to thank you again for posting information and answering questions for the communty, i would also like to thank you for ignoring certen people who at least come off as trolls *coughcalvary1980cough* there are some people around these and a couple other forums i visit that are.....well you know, asshats, they like to badmouth stuff and brands just to stir things up.

i will bitch about nvidia and i will bitch about ati/amd and any company because none has been 100% perfect in my eyes, nvidias drivers and the stock 8800gt coolers SUCK ASS!!!, if your cards had been avalable when i got mine i would have jumped on a 3870 or 8800gt at the time, but, alas palit wherent avalable at the time, and i got a BFG, not badmouthing BFG at all, their head tech jeff is a great guy, and very helpfull, just the stock cooler and stock pcb.....well nvidia need a good :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: for their stock cooler design its very much a situation that makes me :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

see im far from rich, infact due to health issues im pretty damn poor at the moment, i cant afford a 3rd party cooler for this card, so im stuck with the stock noisy laim cooler........quite frustrating, the stock cooler forced me to edit the bios or used riva tuner to get the fan to stay at a speed that wouldnt have the chip reacing 90-95c after a few minutes of WoW or any other game, duno about any of you but i think being FORCED to edit bios to get a fan unstuck from 10% speed is BULLSHIT!!! i had to edit it to run at 70% till it hits XX temp then ramp to 100, why didnt nvidia do this b4 they shiped the cards out to all their resellers? because they didnt want people reporting how damn loud the singel slot cooler is.....

honestly it makes me wana :cry: just thinking about it......

ChillyMyst

It actually wasn't. It was a really "reputable" brand. I've heard great things about them when dealing with people who get their lifetime warranty, but they simply should have made it clearer that us Aussies and people in the Asia region only get 2 years and not lifetime, as even the person I bought the card off thought it was lifetime.

i personaly would have made and would still make posts making it CLEAR to the WORLD what said company did, no in this thred mind you, but i would make sure everybody possable knows that said company's warrinty is BULLSHIT, honestly, its better to warrn people and even possably force the company to honour the warrintys or remove the warrity information from their boxes/websites seem by people in your country, otherwise its faulse advertising and FRAUD!!!!!

companys tend to not like being call crooks and theives, they do alot to stop it, even changing warrinty policys has happened(asus with some older boards gave 1 year, when people found out that they had changed that with those models and it was allover the net, all of a sudden it went back to 3 years!!)

Voice-Of-Palit

Palit Representative

Attachments

• 9600GT_Bracket.jpg
    9600GT_Bracket.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
If you need anymore just ask.

http://img.techpowerup.org/080222/memory 004310.jpg

8800GT Super 1GB
Hmmm, That's strange, mine are Samsung 1ns.

I can say this. The Palit 8800GT is one of the best cards I have ever owned. No one payed me to say that, it's just the truth. It's been a long time from the last time I could say this is the best card I have ever owned. Think back around x1800XT times, just a few years.

It's quiet, and I can't believe how quiet it is even with the fan at full blast. Plus it stays cool while staying quiet!!! There is some noise to be honest, but it's very little(I have no side walls on my case) It's running around 52c right now, and with a full load it will run around 70c. That's with an OC http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/mybmn/

My games are running flawless, besides one Crysis. I play in 1920x1200 so it goes without saying that you need a little power to be able to do that.Which it is playable on Max at that res, just in some spots it's going to go frame, frame, frame.
I have to agree with you. This card shocked the crap out of me. I came from a 2900XT to this, and the difference is amazing.

Qimonda Memory isn't a very good overclocker. Zotac and VVIKOO use Samsung, eVGA might aswell. http://www.hardwarezone.com/news/view.php?id=10001&cid=6 hey look it's just like the Palit Sonic except with a VF1000, Samsung Memory and comes with a HDMI Cable :p

- Christine
The VVIKOO is made by Palit, iirc.

Nope. And that's how they pass the same QC tests as the regular cards. We could do that but the warranty would have to go down significantly.

I am trying to work with the factory to get the info required to do your own volt mod (obviously at your own risk). The OC guys over at TeamPalit are working on figuring it out on their own as well.
Pretty sure I got it figured. Just need to get some 100K trimpots.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I thought so. The first time you engage in a conversation with me you, subtly, insult me. I respond with humor instead of escalating things like a pair of CS players.

So ya, I think that's reasonably mature.

Just because I work for Palit doesn't mean I have to let people talk to me just any old kind of way. I don't give crap and I don't take crap- I'm not in the crap business (odd as that may sound because I'm in marketing).

and that would be in my sig now

I hate stock coolers for the most part. It's the reason why I always replace them with something that's going to cost me 40+USD. Besides that the stock cooler from nVidia is going to be full of dust fast.

What cards are coming with a game, good cooler. and HDMI/Display Port on the card in N America?

not all stock coolers suck the single slot copper one that came with my 7800GS keeps the card under 45C under load in crysis/atitool fuzzybox with an OC

Actually, calvary1980, I don't want to play it that way. I came in here to answer questions, get some constructive feedback and generally just hang out. You have insulted me and called me an asshole and are going way out of your way to goad me into an argument with you.

That's just rude and uncalled for. You are free to your own opinions and if you want to act civil I'm happy to discuss them with you. I don't know everything there is to know and I'm perfectly willing to learn.

I have already communicated several concerns and ideas from this forum back to the factory and I think that's pretty real. One member pointed out that come of our product descriptions were misleading and I changed them on the spot.

I have a great deal of respect for w1zzard and all the other folks I've had the pleasure of speaking with here. I have every intention of sticking around for a long time. No matter how angry you get or how abrasive or abusive you are I will continue to be here. One bad apple does not ruin a forum and I refuse to allow you to drive off a perfectly good resource for the community.

So either pipe down and act like civil person or if you really dislike me so much for trying to give the community some kind of connection to the people who make the products they buy don't post in the forums I'm in.

There is no need for you to trash this thread for everyone else.

im personally sorry some members of this forum cant keep there mouths in check.

i hope to see a palit card in one of my future rigs :D the issues my BFG cards having are getting really old really fast. i honestly have no bloody clue why its so difficult to release working drivers for a card but hey random crashes are fun!

was it pny, just nod if it was, they screwed a bunch of us years back, requiering orignal recept AND box to get an rma on ram or videocards, and people outside the us got told to suck it because the lifetime warr didnt cover them.....needless to say, pny nolonger gets any $ from me or anybody i know ever for any reasion!!!!

i made the mistake of getting an FX5700 VIVO from them it had a rebate and they promptly lost the original receipt and decided they wouldnt accept the copy i had made nor the copy of it from my bank account. i no longer purchase anything from them which is sad seeing how well that card performs in comparo with other FX5700s...it kills them in oc'ing and i haven''t even bothered to get a new cooler/vmod it

KIeran was that last post @ me? if it was im not try'n to dis them. I would just love to be able to get a volt-mod so if i want to push the video card even higher i know that i can find the voltmod easily.

nah you want to do a volt mod and im cool with that when i was stuc between 2 cards and palit guy came and helped me it was cool and i think tatty wanted to do a volt mod as well

it was calvary1980 i was upset about and how she can bash a great manufacturer and still do it after being given cold hard facts

listen you can buy whatever card you want but all im saying is it makes sense to buy palit coz they are excellent quality for a low price okay

my memory is samsung as well and its the 512mb version ive got

Dont hate appreciate!

calvary1980

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield L724A629 @ 3.8Ghz 423x9 1.47v
Motherboard Abit IP-35 Pro Beta 16.B04 (vDroop)
Cooling 6x Scythe S-Flex SFF21F, EK Multi Option 2 Port, dB-1 Compact, Swiftech MCR80, Swiftech Apogee GT
Memory 2x1 OCZ Flex XLC PC-9200 @ 5-5-5-18 1220 2.3v
Video Card(s) Inno3D Geforce 8800GTS 320
Storage Western Digital Raptor X 150
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 226BW 22"
Case Cooler Master RC-690
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 7.1
Power Supply Thermaltake ToughPower 1000
I didn't bash anybody, I read a review of the 9600GT Sonic Edition on neoseeker, I asked a question, he acted like a jerk and I insulted him which I got punished for the world turns. This thread is supposed to be about Palit it's the most expensive bundle if he can't take a little criticism maybe he shouldn't be here.

- Christine

Processor C2Q6600 @ 1.6 GHz
Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Memory GEiL2 x 1 GB PC2 6400
Video Card(s) MSi 4830 (RIP)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB Perpendicular Recording
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software MCE2K5

Palit_Guy

Palit Representative
Part of the reason I'm here is to get criticism. So let's talk about the bundle and what you don't like about it without discussing what I do or do not know.

Would you list what our bundle is item by item? What you call a bundle and what I call a bundle are probably two different things so I'd like to know specifically what you think it is.

Then if you can list (the same way) a competing bundle that you do like we can compare the two and figure out exactly what's going on.

calvary1980

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield L724A629 @ 3.8Ghz 423x9 1.47v
Motherboard Abit IP-35 Pro Beta 16.B04 (vDroop)
Cooling 6x Scythe S-Flex SFF21F, EK Multi Option 2 Port, dB-1 Compact, Swiftech MCR80, Swiftech Apogee GT
Memory 2x1 OCZ Flex XLC PC-9200 @ 5-5-5-18 1220 2.3v
Video Card(s) Inno3D Geforce 8800GTS 320
Storage Western Digital Raptor X 150
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 226BW 22"
Case Cooler Master RC-690
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer 7.1
Power Supply Thermaltake ToughPower 1000
only thing wrong with the bundle is it doesn't include a HDMI Cable, but I think it was a mistake for Palit to launch the Sonic Edition so early it's too expensive and every other vendor is content on profiting from reference cards. in the coming weeks you will see altered versions with new heatsink, memory and controllers. I think Palit should spend more time marketing instead of strapping on 1 GB of memory on a 8600 give out Samples, Warranty.

- Christine

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Has Palit thought about a game coupon? Like some other board vendors (eg. Sapphire) are offering a coupon with which you can get a game of your choice (from a list of games subscribing to the offer)? That would be nice.

panchoman

Sold my stars!
Processor Amd Athlon X2 4600+ Windsor(90nm) EE(65W) @2.9-3.0 @1.45
Motherboard Biostar Tforce [Nvidia] 550
Cooling Thermaltake Blue Orb-- bunch of other fans here and there....
Memory 2 gigs (2x1gb) of patriot ddr2 800 @ 4-4-4-12-2t
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1950pro Pci-E x16 @stock@stock on stock
Storage Seagate 7200.11 250gb Drive, WD raptors (30/40) in Raid 0
Display(s) ANCIENT 15" sony lcd, bought it when it was like 500 bucks
Case Apevia X-plorer blue/black
Audio Device(s) Onboard- Why get an sound card when you can hum??
Power Supply Antec NeoHe 550-manufactured by seasonic -replacement to the discontinued smart power series
Software Windows XP pro SP2 -- vista is still crap
can we get a palit support thread or the like here?

ChillyMyst

I didn't bash anybody, I read a review of the 9600GT Sonic Edition on neoseeker, I asked a question, he acted like a jerk and I insulted him which I got punished for the world turns. This thread is supposed to be about Palit it's the most expensive bundle if he can't take a little criticism maybe he shouldn't be here.

- Christine

take a advil and lay down for a few, no need to be so combative and rude, relax.

and you acted like a jerk on your first post, he responded in a way that i think was designed to try and defuse the situation, insted you got ur panties in a bunch and insulted him.

im not trying to be rude here but i think you honestly owe him an appology.

no common everybody play nice, this place is sposta be a fun relaxing place to talk about kool tech shit, or bitch about tech shit that sucks!!!!

dont make me break out the smily animal pictures!!!!!

ok ok i posted one....couldnt help it, the puppy is just so cute!!!!

Palit_Guy

Palit Representative
Leave it go, it's all good now. How are we supposed to get over it if you keep bringing it up?

lawls

ChillyMyst

like is said dont make me break out the smily animal pix!!!!! i have more!!!! im warrning you!!!!!

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Game coupons / discount coupon choice? How about with buying a Palit card I get a game of my choice or just get a discount?

Palit_Guy

Palit Representative
only thing wrong with the bundle is it doesn't include a HDMI Cable, but I think it was a mistake for Palit to launch the Sonic Edition so early it's too expensive and every other vendor is content on profiting from reference cards. in the coming weeks you will see altered versions with new heatsink, memory and controllers. I think Palit should spend more time marketing instead of strapping on 1 GB of memory on a 8600 give out Samples, Warranty.

- Christine

As the 9600 cards go, this is really the mack daddy of all of them. It's the only card in the WORLD that has DisplayPort, HDMI and dual Dual-Link DVI. It's OC'd. It has arguably the best cooling solution of anything available. It's not a reference design and features a three-phase power system that further reduces heat and extends OC headroom.

I've said this many times before even though it drives my boss nuts. If you don't need these features you should not buy this card. That's just common sense. This is the Cadillac of 9600s. Not everyone wants a Cadillac so we also have a version with fewer features.

Given those features, a $40 price premium isn't really that much. These cards are also being purchased as fast as we can bring them into the country so there must be quite a few people that think they are pretty good.

As for the 1GB thing, I've stated elsewhere in here that 1GB on the 8800GT is forward looking at best and 1GB on the 8600GT and 8500GT will most likely never benefit a gamer. There are some CAD and related applications that will use that much RAM but outside of that, not much point. We don't make many and we don't sell many for those reasons.

But it does send a message to the rest of the industry. It also gives us a leg up on the development side of things. Later this year when more companies start having cards with 1GB of RAM, we will already be on our second time around while they are just figuring it all out.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Seems I missed some healthy conversation here :eek:

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
wow... just going to newegg to look at the cards.. I'm looking at getting a x2 card in the next few weeks, and I'm blown away at the Palit card... more to think about since Palit came in the picture!

Fitseries3

Eleet Hardware Junkie
is palit gonna make a new version of the 3870x2?

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
As the 9600 cards go, this is really the mack daddy of all of them. It's the only card in the WORLD that has DisplayPort, HDMI and dual Dual-Link DVI. It's OC'd. It has arguably the best cooling solution of anything available. It's not a reference design and features a three-phase power system that further reduces heat and extends OC headroom.

I've said this many times before even though it drives my boss nuts. If you don't need these features you should not buy this card. That's just common sense. This is the Cadillac of 9600s. Not everyone wants a Cadillac so we also have a version with fewer features.

Given those features, a $40 price premium isn't really that much. These cards are also being purchased as fast as we can bring them into the country so there must be quite a few people that think they are pretty good.

As for the 1GB thing, I've stated elsewhere in here that 1GB on the 8800GT is forward looking at best and 1GB on the 8600GT and 8500GT will most likely never benefit a gamer. There are some CAD and related applications that will use that much RAM but outside of that, not much point. We don't make many and we don't sell many for those reasons.

But it does send a message to the rest of the industry. It also gives us a leg up on the development side of things. Later this year when more companies start having cards with 1GB of RAM, we will already be on our second time around while they are just figuring it all out.

i can vouch for that trust me moving from various cards the more memory the better it is for CAD even on low end cards it makes more of a difference than design ie an FX5700 with 128mb of ram does better than a ti4200 64mb even though in every game out there that ti4200 outperforms the FX5700

Palit_Guy

Palit Representative
Game coupons / discount coupon choice? How about with buying a Palit card I get a game of my choice or just get a discount?

To bundle a game you buy a LARGE number of them from the game developer at a substantial discount. Sometime NV or ATI will buy these themselves and then throw out a marketing program where we can the purchase those games through them. Either way, we have to purchase a large number of copies of said game.

Then you have to change the box design or add a sticker to it. You have to add a new SKU at all the etailers, retailers and distributors. Then you have to get some kind of marketing campaign to advertise the bundle. It's actually quite a bit of work.

The drawback to this is that if people already have the game or don't want the game you chose you run the risk of driving them to another brand.

I like the idea of what Sapphire is trying to do with their Sapphire Select program in that you get to choose what game you want. The problem is that most of those games are not terribly popular and definitely are not "some of Today's hottest titles." http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/software.php

What we are doing is looking at bundle opportunities with other manufacturers like Antec and Crucial. Antec is coming out with a power supply that fits in a 5.25" drive bay and provides the power for your high-end graphics card.

By doing this on Newegg, we don't have to worry about changing boxes so we can run the program for as long as we want. They also handle the shipping and packaging so it makes things a million times easier.

We are also doing some coupon stuff. As was mentioned earlier in this thread, we are going to do a coupon code for a discount at Newegg only for TPU forum people. It will only be listed in a forum post. There will be no marketing plan behind it, no advertising and no gimmicks. The only way to find out about it will be in the one forum post or from someone who read it.

I want to be clear about this. This is not a regular promotion and no one at Palit is going to make a press release or any other kind of announcement. Back on page two of this thread GJSNeptune asked for a TPU discount so I got the ball rolling. Simple as that.

I can make all the posts I want in here claiming that Palit is a different kind of company with a different agenda than other companies all day long. But if I don't do anything to prove that then it's just so much more marketing bullshit. So just to prove that the community carries weight with Palit, I do what I can. Ya, offering a discount to sell more cards is a little self serving but it's still a discount nonetheless. If he hadn't asked for it, everyone would be paying the regular price so you're free to look at it however you like.

Palit_Guy

Palit Representative
Thanks cdawall. I know exactly squat about CAD other than it's memory intensive and we've had a lot of positive feedback from CAD users about the 1GB family.

Processor C2Q6600 @ 1.6 GHz
Motherboard Anus PQ5
Cooling ACFPro
Memory GEiL2 x 1 GB PC2 6400
Video Card(s) MSi 4830 (RIP)
Storage Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320 GB Perpendicular Recording
Display(s) Dell 17'
Case El Cheepo
Audio Device(s) 7.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software MCE2K5
so when the palit 8800Gs's hittin the egg?