1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Newegg starts selling Palits!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ShadowFold, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ChillyMyst

ChillyMyst New Member

Thanks Received:
    SshadowFold, yeah PNY is Horrible, support worse then those noname OEM cards sold by fly by night vendors on froogle/yahoo shop.

Palit Guy: i would like to thank you again for posting information and answering questions for the communty, i would also like to thank you for ignoring certen people who at least come off as trolls *coughcalvary1980cough* there are some people around these and a couple other forums i visit that are.....well you know, asshats, they like to badmouth stuff and brands just to stir things up.

i will bitch about nvidia and i will bitch about ati/amd and any company because none has been 100% perfect in my eyes, nvidias drivers and the stock 8800gt coolers SUCK ASS!!!, if your cards had been avalable when i got mine i would have jumped on a 3870 or 8800gt at the time, but, alas palit wherent avalable at the time, and i got a BFG, not badmouthing BFG at all, their head tech jeff is a great guy, and very helpfull, just the stock cooler and stock pcb.....well nvidia need a good :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: for their stock cooler design its very much a situation that makes me :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

see im far from rich, infact due to health issues im pretty damn poor at the moment, i cant afford a 3rd party cooler for this card, so im stuck with the stock noisy laim cooler........quite frustrating, the stock cooler forced me to edit the bios or used riva tuner to get the fan to stay at a speed that wouldnt have the chip reacing 90-95c after a few minutes of WoW or any other game, duno about any of you but i think being FORCED to edit bios to get a fan unstuck from 10% speed is BULLSHIT!!! i had to edit it to run at 70% till it hits XX temp then ramp to 100, why didnt nvidia do this b4 they shiped the cards out to all their resellers? because they didnt want people reporting how damn loud the singel slot cooler is.....

honestly it makes me wana :cry: just thinking about it......

2. ChillyMyst

ChillyMyst New Member

Thanks Received:
    i personaly would have made and would still make posts making it CLEAR to the WORLD what said company did, no in this thred mind you, but i would make sure everybody possable knows that said company's warrinty is BULLSHIT, honestly, its better to warrn people and even possably force the company to honour the warrintys or remove the warrity information from their boxes/websites seem by people in your country, otherwise its faulse advertising and FRAUD!!!!!

companys tend to not like being call crooks and theives, they do alot to stop it, even changing warrinty policys has happened(asus with some older boards gave 1 year, when people found out that they had changed that with those models and it was allover the net, all of a sudden it went back to 3 years!!)

3. Voice-Of-Palit

Voice-Of-Palit Palit Representative

Thanks Received:
    Standard Palit 9600 GT has 1 DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 S-Video connection. The Sonic version has 2x DVI, 1 HDMI and 1 DisplayPort.

It is also available at Newegg. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261002)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  4. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm, That's strange, mine are Samsung 1ns.

I have to agree with you. This card shocked the crap out of me. I came from a 2900XT to this, and the difference is amazing.

The VVIKOO is made by Palit, iirc.

Pretty sure I got it figured. Just need to get some 100K trimpots.

5. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    and that would be in my sig now

not all stock coolers suck the single slot copper one that came with my 7800GS keeps the card under 45C under load in crysis/atitool fuzzybox with an OC

im personally sorry some members of this forum cant keep there mouths in check.

i hope to see a palit card in one of my future rigs :D the issues my BFG cards having are getting really old really fast. i honestly have no bloody clue why its so difficult to release working drivers for a card but hey random crashes are fun!

i made the mistake of getting an FX5700 VIVO from them it had a rebate and they promptly lost the original receipt and decided they wouldnt accept the copy i had made nor the copy of it from my bank account. i no longer purchase anything from them which is sad seeing how well that card performs in comparo with other FX5700s...it kills them in oc'ing and i haven''t even bothered to get a new cooler/vmod it

6. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    nah you want to do a volt mod and im cool with that when i was stuc between 2 cards and palit guy came and helped me it was cool and i think tatty wanted to do a volt mod as well

it was calvary1980 i was upset about and how she can bash a great manufacturer and still do it after being given cold hard facts

listen you can buy whatever card you want but all im saying is it makes sense to buy palit coz they are excellent quality for a low price okay

my memory is samsung as well and its the 512mb version ive got

Dont hate appreciate!

7. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I didn't bash anybody, I read a review of the 9600GT Sonic Edition on neoseeker, I asked a question, he acted like a jerk and I insulted him which I got punished for the world turns. This thread is supposed to be about Palit it's the most expensive bundle if he can't take a little criticism maybe he shouldn't be here.

- Christine

8. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
    play nice

9. Palit_Guy

Palit_Guy Palit Representative

Thanks Received:
    Part of the reason I'm here is to get criticism. So let's talk about the bundle and what you don't like about it without discussing what I do or do not know.

Would you list what our bundle is item by item? What you call a bundle and what I call a bundle are probably two different things so I'd like to know specifically what you think it is.

Then if you can list (the same way) a competing bundle that you do like we can compare the two and figure out exactly what's going on.

10. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    only thing wrong with the bundle is it doesn't include a HDMI Cable, but I think it was a mistake for Palit to launch the Sonic Edition so early it's too expensive and every other vendor is content on profiting from reference cards. in the coming weeks you will see altered versions with new heatsink, memory and controllers. I think Palit should spend more time marketing instead of strapping on 1 GB of memory on a 8600 give out Samples, Warranty.

- Christine

Palit_Guy says thanks.
  11. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Has Palit thought about a game coupon? Like some other board vendors (eg. Sapphire) are offering a coupon with which you can get a game of your choice (from a list of games subscribing to the offer)? That would be nice.

12. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    can we get a palit support thread or the like here?

13. ChillyMyst

ChillyMyst New Member

Thanks Received:
    take a advil and lay down for a few, no need to be so combative and rude, relax.

and you acted like a jerk on your first post, he responded in a way that i think was designed to try and defuse the situation, insted you got ur panties in a bunch and insulted him.

im not trying to be rude here but i think you honestly owe him an appology.

no common everybody play nice, this place is sposta be a fun relaxing place to talk about kool tech shit, or bitch about tech shit that sucks!!!!

dont make me break out the smily animal pictures!!!!!

ok ok i posted one....couldnt help it, the puppy is just so cute!!!!

[​IMG]

14. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    Leave it go, it's all good now. How are we supposed to get over it if you keep bringing it up?

lawls

15. ChillyMyst

ChillyMyst New Member

Thanks Received:
    like is said dont make me break out the smily animal pix!!!!! i have more!!!! im warrning you!!!!!

16. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    If you want support, go to www.teampalit.com for now. We're working on an 800 number for the US and Canada but until then, that's your best bet.

17. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Game coupons / discount coupon choice? How about with buying a Palit card I get a game of my choice or just get a discount?

18. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    As the 9600 cards go, this is really the mack daddy of all of them. It's the only card in the WORLD that has DisplayPort, HDMI and dual Dual-Link DVI. It's OC'd. It has arguably the best cooling solution of anything available. It's not a reference design and features a three-phase power system that further reduces heat and extends OC headroom.

I've said this many times before even though it drives my boss nuts. If you don't need these features you should not buy this card. That's just common sense. This is the Cadillac of 9600s. Not everyone wants a Cadillac so we also have a version with fewer features.

Given those features, a $40 price premium isn't really that much. These cards are also being purchased as fast as we can bring them into the country so there must be quite a few people that think they are pretty good.

As for the 1GB thing, I've stated elsewhere in here that 1GB on the 8800GT is forward looking at best and 1GB on the 8600GT and 8500GT will most likely never benefit a gamer. There are some CAD and related applications that will use that much RAM but outside of that, not much point. We don't make many and we don't sell many for those reasons.

But it does send a message to the rest of the industry. It also gives us a leg up on the development side of things. Later this year when more companies start having cards with 1GB of RAM, we will already be on our second time around while they are just figuring it all out.

19. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Seems I missed some healthy conversation here :eek:

20. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    wow... just going to newegg to look at the cards.. I'm looking at getting a x2 card in the next few weeks, and I'm blown away at the Palit card... more to think about since Palit came in the picture!

21. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    is palit gonna make a new version of the 3870x2?

22. cdawall where the hell are my stars

Thanks Received:
    i can vouch for that trust me moving from various cards the more memory the better it is for CAD even on low end cards it makes more of a difference than design ie an FX5700 with 128mb of ram does better than a ti4200 64mb even though in every game out there that ti4200 outperforms the FX5700

23. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    To bundle a game you buy a LARGE number of them from the game developer at a substantial discount. Sometime NV or ATI will buy these themselves and then throw out a marketing program where we can the purchase those games through them. Either way, we have to purchase a large number of copies of said game.

Then you have to change the box design or add a sticker to it. You have to add a new SKU at all the etailers, retailers and distributors. Then you have to get some kind of marketing campaign to advertise the bundle. It's actually quite a bit of work.

The drawback to this is that if people already have the game or don't want the game you chose you run the risk of driving them to another brand.

I like the idea of what Sapphire is trying to do with their Sapphire Select program in that you get to choose what game you want. The problem is that most of those games are not terribly popular and definitely are not "some of Today's hottest titles." http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/software.php

What we are doing is looking at bundle opportunities with other manufacturers like Antec and Crucial. Antec is coming out with a power supply that fits in a 5.25" drive bay and provides the power for your high-end graphics card.

By doing this on Newegg, we don't have to worry about changing boxes so we can run the program for as long as we want. They also handle the shipping and packaging so it makes things a million times easier.

We are also doing some coupon stuff. As was mentioned earlier in this thread, we are going to do a coupon code for a discount at Newegg only for TPU forum people. It will only be listed in a forum post. There will be no marketing plan behind it, no advertising and no gimmicks. The only way to find out about it will be in the one forum post or from someone who read it.

I want to be clear about this. This is not a regular promotion and no one at Palit is going to make a press release or any other kind of announcement. Back on page two of this thread GJSNeptune asked for a TPU discount so I got the ball rolling. Simple as that.

I can make all the posts I want in here claiming that Palit is a different kind of company with a different agenda than other companies all day long. But if I don't do anything to prove that then it's just so much more marketing bullshit. So just to prove that the community carries weight with Palit, I do what I can. Ya, offering a discount to sell more cards is a little self serving but it's still a discount nonetheless. If he hadn't asked for it, everyone would be paying the regular price so you're free to look at it however you like.

24. Palit_Guy

Thanks Received:
    Thanks cdawall. I know exactly squat about CAD other than it's memory intensive and we've had a lot of positive feedback from CAD users about the 1GB family.

25. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
    so when the palit 8800Gs's hittin the egg?