1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2011 was PC gaming’s biggest ever year, says The PC Gaming Alliance

Discussion in 'Games' started by AphexDreamer, Mar 7, 2012.

1. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    PC gaming has never felt more alive! According to The PC Gaming Alliance‘s Horizons Research 2011 report, we spent a record-breaking $18.6 billion on PC games last year. That’s 15% more than 2010′s figures. We are best.

If the report is anything to go by, PC gaming might literally take over the world in the near future. “The global PC games market continues to show surprisingly strong growth in 2011, reaching a record $18.6 billion, representing overall growth of 15% over 2010,” they say.

“No geographical market segments tracked showed a decline in 2011 in overall PC game revenue, while China continues to grow at nearly twice the rate of the overall global market for PC games with growth of 27% resulting in record 2011 revenue of $6 billion. Additionally, the mature game markets of Korea, Japan, US, UK, and Germany demonstrated significant growth in 2011, together recording increased revenue of 11% in 2011 to $8 billion.” Everyone loves playing games on PC, basically.

Source

Yup... PC gaming is dying... Where are you now Roccat.
  2. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Roccat's statement was intended to be satirical, just like Razer's.
  3. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Awesome. It seems like casual games and pay-to-play games are the ones that make up the numbers though. I love the fact that it brings in money to the platform, but I don't see any developer's that will be willing to take more of a risk and create a "full" game and sell at retail price. This may only spur more DLC content with higher price tags and releasing even more "partial" games and completing it with add-ons. I do hope that is not the case though. I really want some more indie developer's without fascist publisher's calling the shots.

We'll see...
  4. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Exception rather than the rule.
  5. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    You mean just like mine?
  6. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    pc gaming will continue to grow until new consoles come out, then it will shrink again and everyone will say it's dead. The the consoles will age and pc gaming will grow again...

rinse repeat ala infinity
    nv40pimp says thanks.