1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

A list of MMO's and my thoughts, which one to invest time in... hmm

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ephremius, Jun 30, 2013.

1. BiggieShady

BiggieShady

Thanks Received:
    Didn't know that, thanks. Downloading now, gonna try later :toast:
    Ephremius says thanks.
  2. Ephremius New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am at work at the moment, but I to am downloading Rift right now, we should level up together sometime. My steam name is Lynx of Enmity if you want to add me Biggie, we can chat and maybe level together.

I also went on ahead and pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn, it only cost $22.95 after 25% promo code off green man gaming, and that includes first month of game time... pretty cheap for a game with that big if a budget/re-built from the ground up. Cheers to Square Enix for admitting their shame and giving it another shot. :rockout:
  3. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I just reinstalled Planetside 2 and discovered I have the Alpha access package with 2000 SC for free :D
    started playing it again
  4. Ephremius New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great idea, I may re-install that as well and see how it goes. I played it a long time ago as well, not sure if it was Alpha or not though, I think it was. I didn't really enjoy it then because the community was so dead... so yeah it might have been Alpha, I will re-download this when I get home from work as well.

Cheers mate.

:eek: so many games...
  5. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Planetside 2 was great... If you played with the right people, preferable with someone on the top giving orders to coordinate the teams.
  6. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Hi Ephremius.

Old EQ if you want group play and tough soloing + hard adventure. See my thread here :
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177730

If you want post apocalyptic style with guns, ice picks, planks of wood, pistols from horse back and LMGs from dune buggies as weapons, then Fallen Earth might interest you.

I could go through quite a few others but started to get impression that you require a central story. And while that's understandable the question is, do you require a story inherently, or do you require a story be presented to you and influenced upon you involuntarily. e.g. in FFXIV ARR you can't not progress without the main quest lines. Whereas in games like EverQuest, 'quests' were things you sought out.

Today's games, (and in Russia), you don't find quest, quest find you.

EDIT: PS you didn't mention Lord of the Rings Online. If a story is what you crave then you can't get any more in-depth then the canon and lore of LOTRO.
  7. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    That is a pretty solid game, but I'm not really a fan of LOTR to begin with so to me it's all a bit meh. Definitively worth trying though.