1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

aion online

Discussion in 'Games' started by exodusprime1337, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    The Open beta is going until Sept 13 I believe. Then I think the a few days early Pre-Orders get early access...and then the 22nd it launches officially.

So far I've actually enjoyed it. Seem's pretty fun. The game ran fine until around 10PM EST. NCSoft said they were addressing issue's with latency so that's where I experienced it. Other than that its been great, smooth playing.

2. Naelex

Naelex New Member

Thanks Received:
    guess you never played the WoTLK beta tho? that was just lagg - offline - lagg - offline.

haven't had any problems myself with the aion beta, but they are betas for a reason :p

3. Marineborn

Marineborn New Member

Thanks Received:
    them pics dont look half bad, i wouldnt mind trying this once a demo comes out, getting a little closer to Aoc quality (age of conan) does it support dx10?

4. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    Nope, it is directX 9.0c, but this runs much much better on ATi cards than AoC. :roll:
    If you enjoy HDR lighting effects, Asmodia has better effects.

5. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    The typical NC policy is that they won't do a wipe after the OB.
    Which means you will not need to start over again.

6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    You sure, I was playing AoC maxed out at release on 2x HIS 3870's (since DX10 wasn't at release). And just recently when I went back and played with a 4870x2 and could play on DX10 maxed out. Your referring to the bug where peoples GPU's would stay in the power conservation mode, anyone who didn't have that bug played the game great.

7. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    yeah the screen shots don't do it justice, it is beatiful, and the game runs at 8xaa all settings maxed except view distance on my g71 asus laptop at 1440x900 which is incredible.

8. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    I will make clan homepage,maybe later when will start real action.My clan site will be ready less or more. :)

9. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    NC have said hundreds of times they will wipe after the CBs finished and after the OB - you will only be able to keep characters created on or after the head start event next week, so yes i would have to start again :(

And yes as others have said the game is very pretty on full settings, they are really using their modified cryengine 1 to its fullest.

10. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    Is in this game Raid bosses.?If yes, I hope as much as in lineage2

11. Naelex

Naelex New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah there is quite a few afaik, check this vid out it looks pretty cool

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIVFBNysZwU

12. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    NC EU and US are a bunch of jerks then, NC Korea and NC Taiwan did not wipe the game after the OB. :shadedshu

Anyways, the game is gorgeous on 8xCFAA Edge Detect.

13. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    These screens were all taken on my g71 asus at max settings everything turned up, i average anywhere between 60 and 80 in town and 80-120 outside of town, cpu oc at 3.0Ghz stock voltage and gtx260 at 550/950/1350

and yess 8xaa with all settings max bloom setting 1 is incredible imho for an mmo this game is gorgeous

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  14. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:

I'd have to agree, the 4xxx series rule AoC. X2 and crossfire 4870s stomp the GTX295 something awful.

However everyone suffers in DX10. You might have your settings 'maxed out,' but you aren't getting anywhere near enjoyable frames, especially not like it was in DX9.

Oh and btw, be curious to know what driver version you use on the X2 for DX9, ever since 8.11 hotfix 2 the newer versions have cut the frames almost in half sometimes, with an average loss of almost 30%. That's absurd, and is why some people think the ATi cards aren't doing so well - I would expect not with those drivers.

It's all a bit goofy too, somethings wrong somewhere.

Anyways, as for Aion, yes it does look more Asian than most people were expecting, but it's like I said, its the first majorly Asian themed MMO to break through into the western market, since FFXI.

Problem is, it's not better than FFXI tactically, and it's visuals aren't evolutionary. It still suffers all the typical woes of MMOs, with linear level progression, everyone rushing to end game for redundant and repetitive(yet lackluster) raiding and the whole nine yards.

People will like it, they will play it, but it's a farcry from the next best MMO.

1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  15. mrw1986

mrw1986

Thanks Received:
    Actually, I did. I wasted years of my life to WoW. I'm done with it now and generally done with video games. I play a little bit a week now, but I get bored so fast.

16. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Actually my FPS was fine in DX10, I had some issues with it, but I can't remember what I did to fix it, then it ran great. As far as drivers, I only played my 14 free days like 1.5 months ago, at that time I think I was using 9.7's. I didn't really pay attention to my frames though when I was playing all I know is in DX9 it also ran great, I remember seeing over 100fps decently often in DX9.

Some screens don't seem to asian for this game, and others do. Female characters faces are just too doll like, and everything looks to have a fantasy fake type glow on it (too many bright colors). I'm not a big fan of anime or things styled like it, so it's probably just me though. But some of those screens do look stellar.

17. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:

actually, if you had a shot at the toon customization screen you can make a toon look like almost anybody you want, it's insane the way you can customize your toon, one of my favorite parts of the game.

18. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    so is this monthly fee like lineage II? pr os this like guildwars?

19. Naelex

Naelex New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i think it is, when you buy the game that gets you a month free though

20. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    its 14.99$ i think, but i got 37days as i bought special edition:)

21. Naelex

Naelex New Member

Thanks Received:
    dont think im gonna be able to afford that at uni meh, hope i dont lose my 10 quid pre-order deposit though

22. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    Playing in the CBs and now this OB is kind of bad. I am almost bored with this game already. However, I’ve played enough MMOs to say that I am just not into fantasy (swords shields mages) type games. Warhammer, Darkfall, WoW, Lineage, Guild Wars, etc…not one has compared to my excellent experience playing DAoC thus really ruining my entire view of this particular MMO setting.

I need sci-fi or superhero(ish) unfortunately CO is no bueno and SW:TOR is still a long ways away. I guess I will look into APB whenever that is released as Cryptic making STO will make me stay FAR FAR away.

23. Naelex

Naelex New Member

Thanks Received:
    i just signed up for the APB beta it looks really interesting^^

24. newconroer

newconroer

Thanks Received:

Maybe, a nice touch I suppose, a throw-back to Elder Scrolls customization levels, but who cares?

How much longer do we have to endure wattered down clone MMOs with all these ways to make people look 'cool' in the virtual world, but the game play is pure shit?

I DON'T CARE HOW I OR YOU LOOK, I HAVE FRIENDS, A WIFE, A JOB, ....shit I have a life.

Here's a tip for developers - Stop making games that give people more incentive to live in the game world, and start making games that give people incentive to just P L A Y the fu**ing game - no strings attached.

25. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    I've hard it does have nice customization, but a lot of games do. The real question is, can you get away from the smooth looking characters with pointy hair. With enough time in a few MMO's you can recreate a lot of people, here's my AoC Kurgan

[​IMG]