1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Begins Cutting Costs, Stock Perks First to Go

Discussion in 'News' started by zekrahminator, Sep 25, 2007.

1. zekrahminator

zekrahminator McLovin

Thanks Received:
    As we all know, AMD has had a hard year thusfar. And so, AMD's move to cut costs is just short of expected. AMD employees, as of November 1st, 2007, will no longer be able to spend 20% of their salary on AMD stock at a 15% discount. Stock perks are not the only things we'll see leaving. There are noticeably fewer bonuses and charity-matchings this year, and there are a couple rumors of lay-offs.

Source: The Inquirer

2. pbmaster

pbmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    AAH The Inquirer lol

3. FatForester New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, gotta love it. So... we still post news from them.. why? There should be a super tiny link to theinquirer instead of having to read past all this rumor-mill bloat. Engadget has a filter where you can take out all the pesky news about Apple. That's just me, but I have a definite bias towards both Apple and the Inquirer :laugh:

4. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    If that was actually true that would be bad news. What company tells their employees not to invest with them that stayed in business?

5. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Well, with their problems in cash flow, its not unthinkable. But its not a killer either. So what if they lose stock options, more money for them in their pocket.