1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anime Nation

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by Cold Storm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    The biggest hits in recent times have been K-on, Bakemonogatari and recently Madoka, There are quality titles like Fractale, Wandering Son, index, Letter bee, Level E...
    There are interesting ones like Kore wa zombie desu ka, panty and stocking, mitsudomoe...

Great quality animes like Shiki, Katanagatari, Macross F, sora no wo to...

And then there are masterpieces like kemono Souja erin, saiunkoku monogatari or fantastic children...

How many of these have you watched??

From the new season of anime its easy to point some good titles too, there's A-chanel, Anohana, C the money of the soul, Hanasaku Iroha, deadman wonderland or Steins;Gate...

Just a few examples...

2. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I don't think Loli is for everyone. :D

It's hard to recommend those stuffs.

3. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    There's not much lolis in there, or at least any dangerous stuff...
    The ones more "dangerous" ones are the three "interesting" ones, the rest is pretty much safe, well maybe except shiki, it might give you nightmares but it still is a masterpiece of horror anime...

Edit: forgot to mention Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko named the “Cutest Anime This Season”, and there's no denning it, the anime looks fantastic and so far the development hasnt been bad...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  4. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Ain't seen all of those apart from Macross the very 1st one,but i will check them out. Also the 1st Gundam series.

5. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    You should also watch macross zero, its fantastic and works as the first in the saga as the beginning of the story...

6. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I've seen original Macross,zero,frontier and plus. I still haven't got around watching 7 as i can't find it appealing to me with the whole "LISTEN TO MY SONG" main character in the red YF-19 lol.
    Zero was excellent.

7. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I loved the story and characters...
    I didnt watch the original, but i have downloaded it to watch someday, i think i might have 7 too, some time ago i decided to download the entire Macross saga to watch someday...
    I have other than zero and F watch "do you remember love" the first movie, i also watched Macross F the false diva, the first movie, it was also awesome to watch...

Never touched Gundamn, well actually watched one or 2 episodes of one of its many series and didnt like...

8. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I've watched the movies aswell for Macross,the whole do you remember love is practically like watching a live concert,although the only one i found is the Flashback 2012 which is remake of do you remember love i believe. Still great though.
    The Frontier false diva was interesting to see a different alternate ending.

Gundam is one of my favourate series,specially Zeta Gundam,brilliant story,excellent fight scenes and character development was great too.

9. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    The only thing I never liked about Gundam... DAMN Gundam seed... Never liked it..

10. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Started Toradora! Awesome, why did I not start it any earlier?

I like Gundam. Well, let me rephrase that: I like well animated robot fighting scenes.

11. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    False diva nor the end, first part yet Macross Frontier: The Wings of Goodbye that already aired bu no bd in the near future is second half
    T'was a nice one, watched it when it aired...

Bonus:
    [​IMG]

Anyone watched amagami??
    Remember there being an ep 26 featuring Miya??
    Well i had forgotten but i got it today, just for those waiting for it, here's a reminder...

Also

Deadman wonderland 3 was awesome, watch yourself...
    Ao exorcist 3, some nice plot lines but still not exciting and still predictable...
    Gosick also quite good, Victorica solves the case again, but it getting more interesting...
    Hanasaki hiroha keeps moving at its own pace, it enjoyable...
    Anohana is going nicely, it developing just nice for now...
    Henzemi 4, still quite extreme if you dont have a stomach for extreme sex jokes just without the sex...
    Yondemasu azazel, worst than henzemi only this, not so dirty sexual jokes, but even more disgusting jokes, requires an hard stomach to enjoy the comedy...
    Aria is ok, nothing fresh or to exciting, cgs are crap, overused elements, etc... Watchable
    Nichijou 5, the usual comedy, enjoyable...
    A-Chanel 5, Toru is really cute, the comedy is good, characters are maybe better than nichijou, and less aggressive, a good watch...
    Denpa Onna 3, things are going smoothly, beside best animation of the season, cutest character of the season, "best" op of the season as well other many bests, ep 3 tries to bring Erio down to the Earth, there's also 2 other interesting girls with interesting personalities beside best Aunt of any anime ever, it only need best story to be best of season, but not yet...
    Steins Gate 4, good development, we are getting somewhere, also she thinks "she's" cute, but there are things you better not knowing and i laughed at their "normal" conversation between "girls"...
    C is very cool, specially watching the assets...
    Dororon Enma 4, dont be fooled into thinking its kiddies anime, you wont want to get caught watching it, it is quite perverted, not extreme but not soft either, great good old comedy with a nostalgic feeling from the 70's 80's

I think this pretty much covers the week, no tiger and bunny yet, Astarotte's Toy is mostly a niche title and wont appeal a broad audience, Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai while interesting it wont appeal to a broad audience either, but none of these are dangerous titles so you can try watching them, to a certain level, just dont get caught watching them, it might be embarrassing...

Dog's days is boring with cute characters, i dont watch...

Also did u guys know the new bleach "filler" arc is being praised as better than the actual manga??
    There's cool battles, and pretty soon an all out war evolving every single captain and vice-captain fighting the worst possible adversary, animation quality also stepped up a notch...

Speaking of shounen, Fairy tail never gets boring and things look real nasty on magnolia, this new arc might be quite good...

Anyone watching fireball charming??
    I recommend, extreme short episode and nice to watch...

To finish a huge long useless post, To .hack//sign fans, new 3 ep ova .​​hack⁄⁄Quantum is finished...

Cold Storm says thanks.
  12. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    I'm thinking of trying the first episode of Deadman... I gotta get the three quantum's... I love .hack..

Need to watch the last three episodes of Bleach.. I haven't see it yet.. But.. I know their done with the fillers.

Edit: forgot to add.. Grabbed the blu-ray of Full Metal Alchemist movie.. Man, I can't wait for the new Kenshin... Whatever it might be.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  13. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    conqueror of shamballa, or a new one?

14. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Conqueror of Shamballa.. New one won't be out til sometime June (?)..

15. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    None of those sound all that interesting. They all sound like they are made to appeal to younger audiences that are still in awe of tits and ass, and blood and gore. What is out there with good stories and character development, dammit?

16. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    There are no "tits and ass, and blood and gore" in Nichijou, Gosick, Hanasaki Iroha, C - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai, so how did that become "all"?

EDIT: LOL @ Nichijou ep 5

There's an alliteration too, "Nano no nano ni"

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  17. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Only henzemi, Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai, Dororon Enma and Lotte no omocha fall close to the tits and ass premise...
    Yondemasu azazel relies on all sorts of violence, sexual innuendo and dirty jokes to tell its story, i mentioned only watch if you can stomach it, only then you can get to a kind of unique comedy...

Deadman wonderland is a fantastic shounen with cool character and lots of action, blood and gore for good measure, also i can safelly say Shiro is walking fanservice, i mean she's so awesome that every time she's on screen she's fan service itself...
    Ao no exorcist no blood or tits, but in the end its just an average anime...
    Hanasaku is slice of life with a good story and strong characters, anohana is the same with a different story...
    Steins gate is only for intelligent people...
    Aria is nothing special but there's no blood or tits either...
    Gosick requires a little inteligence to watch as well, it helps with all the mysteries...
    A-chanel and nichijou are good comedies, so good are each other and so different, also they dont rely on harem's fanservice or violence..
    Denpa Onna is like a said, a marvel to behold with many bests of the season, and being shaft im sure any average fan should know what it means...
    C is something new and never made before

damn it, why do i need to explain everything twice...

Also bonus railgun video for a good laugh...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kthI7SSIRi0&feature=player_embedded

18. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Well Ao no Exorcist is indeed predictable, it's Ichiban no Ushiro no Daimou but replace "harem" with "brother" :laugh:

LOL'd too after the other students went back inside the classroom. "WTF did they do???"

19. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    Have you ever thought Fairy Tail lacks fan service and bloodshed??
    The just subbed ova fixes what the anime lacks, those two things, it adds spiciness with better quality and a little "divine" retribution to poor Levy , getting smacked like a fly...

Anyway, in one episode we get: Reverse pool episode, "beach" episode with the girls showing theirs assets, i mean "cute" bikinis and then the onsen part with a little more spicy to warm things, and of course this episode was brought to you by Lucy wearing a "cute" nekomimi cosplay, and Erza following the lead with a costume of her own, Erza even shows us an armor the size of a gundamn, well a little smaller...

Overall it was a very fun episode...

Edit: Steins gate 5 - It keeps getting better Amane (the tv shop girl) knows a lot more than she lets out im suspecting she has some secrets of her own, and they probably are no small ones...
    The "mad" scientist's group found some interesting information, also some interesting facts and explanations are given...

Also finished re-watching Aria the animation, the first Aria project, its was very good and refreshing, it also helps i could remember a few things from few episodes, next i will rewatch Aria the Natural again, just cant get enough of it, i even ordered me the 2 book prequel Aqua from the net, i could read some scanlation but i cant see myself reading manga on a screen...

Edit 2: Madoka first BD shatters existing record, supplanting 51k previous Shaft big hit Bakemonogatari's 6th volume by selling 53k copies, 20k of which in the first day...
    Alo fresh news for American-jins only: Trigun Film Gets North American Theatrical Release this summer...
    Go watch it its worth the ticket...

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  20. phobias23

phobias23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Katanagatari got me!! How many eps are out already:confused:

21. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Fanservice and violence are just the 2 prime examples I used. I'm just tired of overused themes meant to target horny or easily excited teenagers. But thank you, I'll know to check out Stein's Gate and Gosick.

22. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    All in glorious 1080p...

23. phobias23

phobias23 New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah!!

24. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    That anime surprised me... one of the soundtrack was in Vietnamese.

25. djisas

djisas

Thanks Received:
    I'd like to say a word about "my" site, some of you should know already or have heard, the ORB , after some issues like the domain expiring, me and the owner solved the problem, changed the domain and its back up...

If anyone is interested pay me a visit, it is an interesting and friendly forum...

Mussles and CM shouldn't have problem with this little advertising i think...

Also Cold Storm, update the Djisas's Recommendation starting guide with the new url http://www.animwu.info/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?7202.0

Anyone new to anime, or not should take a look at the guide i made myself gathering all my "knowledge", it features many great titles in many genres...

Last edited: May 7, 2011
    Cold Storm says thanks.