1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus M3A79-T Deluxe new BIOS out now

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by nicholasblock, Apr 6, 2009.

1. nicholasblock

nicholasblock New Member

Thanks Received:
    New BIOS 0803 out now.God, I hope this will fix my missing BIOS options and the fact that I cant go over 1.400 not because its not stable but 'cause it simply won't let me change it:banghead: we'll see how it goes
    heres the changes:
    M3A79-T Deluxe BIOS 0803
    1. Change Year of Copyright from 2008 to 2009.
    2. Fix the problem that Memory speed will be limited at 800Mhz if set the value of "Memory Clock Mode" to "Limit" or "1067" in bios.
    3. Enable ACC option for all AM2+ & AM3 CPU.
    4. Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx
  2. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I've been using the 0602 bios for sometime now. When i first bought the board I couldn't find the ACC option but 0602 took care of that. Hopefully everything gets straightened out for.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. nicholasblock

nicholasblock New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have the same problem also I just talked to Asus live and the gut told me to press f4 but that didnt help and they dont condone overclocking so he wouldnt help with my vcore problem.Ya know i bought that board for ocing and a good bios and I was so mad that they wont help I also tried the older BIOS' but no luck
  4. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    When I get home tonight I'll take some shots of the bios and post them here to see if we can get you on the right track.
    nicholasblock says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. nicholasblock

nicholasblock New Member

Thanks Received:
    That would be awesome!! Cause i'm 2 days short of an rma. Yeah i'm on all day
  6. VulkanBros

VulkanBros

Thanks Received:
    Very very strange ... I have runned with 0703 since it came out and had no probs with the voltage (currently running with 1.41v stable - have been up to 1.45v without problem)) and ACC is working just fine......
    But thanx for the tip with the new BIOS version - hopefully it solved your problem ;)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. freaksavior

freaksavior To infinity ... and beyond!

Thanks Received:
    cdawall will be happy. i think he is selling or has sold the board though
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    After I put my daughter to bed I'll take some shots of ALL the menu's, including the F4 option screens, so hopefully we can get this resolved for you.

One thing to ask. When you flash the bios are you using the Windows utility(STAY AWAY:twitch:), floppy disk, or a flash drive? I'd recommend the flash drive cause all you have to do is throw the bios on it, boot into your bios, and use the EZ-Flash...easy as hell. Also don't forget to clear CMOS after the flash.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. VulkanBros

VulkanBros

Thanks Received:

Your right about that . . use a flash drive and EZ-Flash . . I can´t be done easier
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. nicholasblock

nicholasblock New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I use ez-falsh I would'nt do it any other way I'll get some screens up too in a min
  11. nicholasblock

nicholasblock New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I got A.C.C. back!! But I still cant change my vcore past 1.400. Any one know whats the difference between processor voltage and processor-NB voltage?Is it HT voltage?
  12. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, I was watching the Mets beat the Reds(2-1 if interested). Processor voltage is basically that...for the core speed voltage, processor-NB is basically for when you start pushin up that FSB so the memory controller doesn't start stugglin due to it being built into the CPU. I
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I will be watching the Cubbies tonight take on Houston.

As for the Vcore not being able to change, seems like you may have a bug in the bios. If the new bios doesnt fix it, Id RMA it. Its funny how they say they dont condone Overclocking, but they give you a feature rich board to do just that very thing. Of course, Ive talked to a couple of folks at Asus and they told me that Asus didnt have a problem on an enthusiast board.
  14. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    Same here:toast: Hopefully we'll get to see Z crack one out off Oswalt:laugh:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  15. nicholasblock

nicholasblock New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just got the board a month ago on the egg and its only a 30 day return and well 30 days are up and I dont think asus will exchange cause of the whole overclocking thing i was talking about earlier any other ideas I can change any other option just not my vcore I've tried every BIOS for my board cleared cmos i'm at a loss
  16. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    They are not going to have a clue you OC. I had to ship my M3A32-MVP Deluxe to them twice: First time cause PCI-E x16 slot 2 didn't work, 2nd time cause if I had sticks installed in Dimm's 2 and 4 the system wouldn't boot. Before I OC'd the shit out of my 6000+ and 9850..especially my Sempy 3400(can we say raped!). All you have to do is call them and explain to them the issue but don't mention overclocking, just say you feel the board might be undervolting the proc and you can't get above 1.4v.

If they say OK then unplug the power cord to your system, set CMOS jumper to clear, pull the battery and set for a couple seconds, put the battery back in, and set CMOS jumper to normal. Did you by chance by this board Open Box? Usually open box's on the egg are 30day warranties and wonder if there was a problem the egg didn't catch.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  17. nicholasblock

nicholasblock New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nope no open box in fact I looked and I can find this board on there anymore so I just looked at a random board to see their warranty and it said 30 day so I just assumed thats for all boards maybe i'll have to look again

When I talked to asus live I didnt mention anything about overclocking I just said the board wont allow over 1.4 vcore and he said they dont condone overclocking and cant help with those issues
  18. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I'm back. That was a damn good game(Cubs vs Houston, Cubs won 4-2). Alright, I'm going to restart and take some picks.

Here are the pics I took:
    Taking you into the Advanced Menu here so we can go to the JumperFree settings...Yay!!!
    [​IMG]
    My settings at the present time:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the CPU config menu(should be the option right under JumperFree):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just see if anything odd is setup in there cause I honestly have no idea why 1.4v would be your max.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. nicholasblock

nicholasblock New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now another thing I notice is processor-NB frequency multi on my board only goes up to 9x and cpu-NB HT link speed maxes at 1.8 Ghz man i'm getting more and more mad at this board do you think that would be a valid reason for rma through Asus?

BTW thanks for all the help much appreciated!!!
  20. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    I think that setting is correct for you. I do believe your max HT is 3600Mhz were with the B.E. is 4000Mhz(can actually go higher than that due to the unlocked mutli clocks).

Didn't see your thanks, sorry. It's not a problem at all. I get a kick out of helping others out as much as I can.
    nicholasblock says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. nicholasblock

nicholasblock New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah i'm at a loss i think rma is the way to go
  22. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    The worst they will do to you is take the RMA, hold it for 3 weeks, and send the same damn one back to you!! I speak of experience on this one(THOSE SOB's!!)
    Crunching for Team TPU