1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    its a perfect comparison to how people percieve things

everyone expects Carmack to walk on water but he and his studio released a pile of shit lol

point is kurgan and you well know most day 1 issues that should be fixed usually are not, huge game breaking bugs get carried over from Beta's all the time that shouldnt have made it to Final release game, thats the point im making

i recognize its a beta i see theres issues, my problem is most of those issues will exist in the final release and take months to patch out regardless of what Dice wants to say, lol

i mean hell took them 6-7 months to fix a memory leak to stop the Realtek audio crashing the game, when it comes to BC2 lol if they cant fix an issue thats integral to the game actually running and takes 6-7 months i as a consumer am worried mostly because the state of software gets worse year over year with more focus on release now patch later but patches dont come,

how about i remind you of Sabotuoer or w.e ATI issues that were notorious with that EA title instead of truly fixing it they release a fix so the game runs like ass and then fire the entire studio so theres no one left to ever patch said game,

DICE might be huge they might be in higher standing yes there only testing battlelog, dosent mean i cant be completely 100% concerned with the rampant hacking, and god weapons, hit detection changes that punish users like me ;)

there are many issues i can tell already that wont ever be resolved in the game so im stuck dealing with poor design decisions. a Beta might be a Beta but usually underlying mechanics and base code seldom changes ;)
  2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I don't see it as a good comparison, because I don't see Carmack as a god. The guys smart, made some great games, but he can't mimic a public beta stress test. To compare it to a game in beta(BF3) that hasn't released, that bugs are being fixed for. To a release game(RAGE) that had no public beta and landed with bugs, it doesn't make a ton of sense. It's like saying you can compare cars to planes because both move forward.

And yep, sometimes annoying hard to fix bugs make it through at launch. But having played a lot of betas, I realize this isn't just a DICE specific thing. Even right now I am overall happy with BF3, I dislike instant death from bullets. But otherwise, everything else is pretty minor, select-able squads and weapon tuning (granted I hope they do look at this a bit). Also remember, a lot of issues you have are specific to servers in different locations in the US.

I don't hold DICE on a pedestal, or anyone else, and I look at this realistically. And realistically, beyond the client side hit detection, I think most other issues will be fixed with the game. Thats the only stand out that I see not being so simple. But like I said, this isn't just a DICE thing, almost any MP game that releases has it's own set of issues. And it seems people just want to scream that its specific to DICE, and it isn't.
    Scrizz and digibucc say thanks.
  3. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    no its not dice specific but come on hit detection has ALWAYS been a problem with dice for years haha

my point is kurgan just as youj said the problem is through out the entire industry

it dosent MATTER if theres a beta, when there is one the full realse of the game is still just as buggy, ;) it does get fixed just not nearly as quick as they say it will lol thats my key point ive no reason to believe BF3 wont be a great game in due time

but by look at at the past and BC2, using the same basic engine they took a step backwards added crap that was needed and broke something that WASNT broken to begin with.

people are bitching because the things that needed to change for the better did not, and thats the hang up. for the most part
  4. HammerON

HammerON The Watchful Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have played the Beta for over an hour and have enjoyed it! I believe that they are looking at what cheaters will do, testing how Battlelog will work and seek info on bugs with different systems. ATI and Nvidia are taking notes as they will be called to task. However you feel about this game in Beta should be somewhat reserved for the final release.
    This game is different as it is played in a browser and I am really annoyed at the fact that I cannot change graphic settings unless in a match:(
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Easy fix for hit detection is laser bullets like COD. And honestly, I would rather have them try at real bullet physics and fail than to play with that shit. But if they do that people won't be happy, no one is every happy no matter what the choices are.

The maps are bigger, the kits are better, there are jets. All things people wanted, I would not call that a step backwards in any way shape or form. But people always look for the negative, rather than the things that make them happy.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    Wrigleyvillain, Scrizz and digibucc say thanks.
  6. johnspack

Thanks Received:
    Well, I learned my lesson. Wait for final release stupid! Why get sucked into betas...... It has to get better.
    More than 25k PPD
  7. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse Crazy Dogmatic Bullsh!t!

Thanks Received:
    Bigger maps make me happy.
    Jets make me happy
    BF3 the sequel to BF2 in general makes me happy

but like other people said already. there are underlying problems with the game that make any forward progression of the game more like 2 steps back.

Squad management and an ingame server browser are very important things and they have a negative effect as the only way your gonna be able to play with your friends or clan all in the same squad is if you localise it to the same team and use teamspeak or ventrillo to communicate while you spawn on random people who might not even being doing fuck all but being a bush wookie because hes in your squad and you cant kick him or invite your friends into it. - the original squad management system didnt need to be fixed. they could have ran with the one from BF2 and no-one would complain. theyve just made things stupid and overly complicated when it doesnt need to be.

Ingame server browers - fine. its something we can all live without, but not having to quit the game just to search for games would be better. Its like theyve taken some critical things out of the game just so they can promote battlelog. and theres nothing you can do about it because battlelog is integrated into and part of the game.

the list goes on. but those are meerly minor niggles with the game that will no doubt hopefully be fixed in the final product.
    MT Alex says thanks.
  8. Horrux

Horrux New Member

Thanks Received:
    Wow, that is completely nuts.
  9. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Planet Battefield - Battlefield 3 Gridiron Episode 1 & Rapper "Game" BF3 Concert

Monday, 3 October, 2011 at 23:44 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News
    Earlier today a video appeared on the official Battlefield YouTube channel called Battlefield 3 Gridiron Episode 1. This looks to be a new series of videos featuring NFL players: Drew Brees, Jared Allen, Clay Mathews and Larry Fitzgerald who are all being put through some type of Battlefield 3 training program with Navy Seal: Team 6. The end of the video states:

Speaking of odd celebrity and Battlefield 3 match ups...the Battlefield Facebook page announces "The Rapper "Game" and Battlefield 3 Live Concert".
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Bjorn_Of_Iceland says thanks.
  10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    In the beta you can't change hotkeys, even though it allows you to open the option to assign a new one. I haven't seen any official announcement on not being able to change squads (though maybe one is out there), and until I do I won't go around throwing a fit and assuming the sky is falling like everyone else tends to do. It's the beta, they are allowing us to test the things they want us to test.

Beyond that and hit detection, Battlelog is fine, there won't be an ingame option as it would just kill off Battlelog. There really isn't any other huge complaints, so I can't see how that is a step backwards, especially since BC2 already had hit detection issues. You couldn't search for servers in BC2 without leaving a game, now thats all of a sudden a big deal for BF3? I'm not sure what list you are talking about that goes on with huge bugs.

As far as it being a true sequel to BF2, all that seems to have done is promote camping, and that isn't a good thing.

**EDIT**
    Playing and searching for servers right now at the sametime.
    [​IMG]
  11. caleb

Thanks Received:
    For me they just need to fix the squads and its fkn ggz.
  12. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Ya, I agree. Squad changing in-game and its g2g IMO. I like the beta so far and havent been "raped" for the most part. Gonna try to squeeze in a pre order on the 20th and get the collectors edition stuffzors.

For GFX, would 2 6790s work good or should I go 6850/70 and another in several months?
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    I must say, battlelog is growing on me, as kurgan mentioned, you can browse servers when in game just hit ALT+Enter and find what you want then click launch game and it will close your current game and start a new one and pretty quickly too. Also I was upset with the game going windowed after each round but actually it helps if you want to check your stats and such. the only thing I can see if that they need to allow battlelog to be access through shift+F1 in game to make alittle easier.

Found an interesting bug last night when playing with the guys. Laughing man got the CORPSE bug and it was so funny! He looked dead but he was alive and you can see him shoot a couple of times. I kept trying to revive him and I was like "highway, Y U NO COME BACK TO LIFE" and he started wondering why I was asking HAHA

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    H82LUZ73, 1Kurgan1 and digibucc say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Banstick Dummy

Thanks Received:
    Mine doesnt do this anymore. I played with the window settings and it seem to fix the issue.
  15. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Hmmm maybe there is or will be a setting for this. I don't mind it now tho. I just hit alt+enter to go back full screen but its great if you want to look for a new server, browse stats, or check email while the 35 second wait time.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    You have to set the settings to full screen.

Anyway, it runs flawlessly now. :)
  17. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    There is a setting for it, you can turn on Full Screen mode. Or maybe it's turn off Windowed Mode, either way same end result. It's one of the first things I did when I setup the beta.
  18. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    Wished my laptop I use at work would play BF3 beta but its got a wimpy ATI X1400 DX9 :(
    Crunching for Team TPU
  19. Recus

Recus

Thanks Received:
    They are trolling as always.

http://www.techspot.com/review/448-battlefield-3-beta-performance/
    http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...ce-Testing-and-Image-Quality-Evaluation-Day-1
    http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/gaming-software/13498
    http://gamegpu.ru/Action-/-FPS-/-TPS/Battlefield-3-Beta-test-GPU.html
    http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...cards-SLI-und-Crossfire-benchmarked/Practice/
    Wrigleyvillain says thanks.
  20. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:

How would you know?

[​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. caleb

Thanks Received:
    He quoted 5 benchmarks?
    Stop the retarded picture spam.
  22. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    AlienIsGOD and 1Kurgan1 say thanks.
  23. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU
  24. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah the pics are getting fucking annoying.
  25. brandonwh64

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]
    Crunching for Team TPU