1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    i dont have fraps installed

im also running a 5400rpm drive so yea... kinda not really going to do alot of good is it when fraps which hogs cpu usage bogs down the hdd since i recently had a catastrophic HDD failure with multiple HDDs doing the click of death. lol

point is im averaging 90fps on Caspian right now and cpu usage is at 75%

Caspian Border 120 second time demo recorded by using a jeep around the map
    Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
    12768, 120000, 8, 175, 106.400

CPU usage at 4ghz

[​IMG]

why cant you believe it? ever think i have multiple profiles lol and that the one you see there is reserved for games and dosent have Admin rights lol.

i mean if we want to insult the names used at log in why do we use aliases on TPU why not use are real names as are forum names ? ;)

Also this is how you can tell DICE / EA's battlelog is full of shit when it ranks me as the most skilled played in the TPU platoon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  2. TimSad

TimSad New Member

Thanks Received:
    Heya NFO! You and I had some good times with those CoD (2, 4, and WaW) and Source games over at A2G. :) I'm with a different group now called [-SoC-] (Soldiers of Chaos). I even used that same animated image you're talking about on our short-lived TF2 server that I had set up. :p A couple people from TPU here occasionally join up on our TeamSpeak at SoC too.

The beta is about to end in a few hours here but definitely add me on Battlelog when the game comes out. My name will be TimSad. See ya on the Battlefield!

H82LUZ73 says thanks.
  3. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Just went 49-22 in a full Rush game. Went well :)

4. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Were you using the 5970 with the 9550? Thats some low FPS if so, like I said with my 5850's (should be slightly slower than your 5970) I was seeing 85 - 90 FPS average with my 1055t at 3.8ghz. The results you got from Sandy would be what I would have expected, like I said 110 - 120FPS average at most, not 150+. I know Sandy is great, but like I said before, there is no way I could see it doubling 85 fps with the same GPUs.

We are discussing BF titles and performance with different CPU's. That is on topic, it doesn't have to be discussion about only in the game. People will come here with issues running it, and we will help them and discuss other things that give performance gains to the games we play.

Anime... where the men look like women too!

5. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    but the real problem is this

log on with your steam ID
    launch Bf3
    crate account for Origin (why your using Steam mmmmmm )
    Get the problem if your in Steam account why do you have to use your ID for Origin would it not make sense for EA to not sell a Steam version and just get everyone to use Origin.Then have some site with inside info "Yeah they are saying it will be on Steam" .....Yet EA/Dice clearly said they will not sell it on Steam YOU NEED Origin to log in to battle log and play.I can not see them redoing the game EXE file this late in production just to suite a handful of user`s on Steam to play the game.

6. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Why would you bother with the hardware you have in your sig if you are not willing/game enough to OC a little. Seems like a waste of money to me. :rolleyes:

You won't wreck shit by simply changing a cpu multiplier or increasing your nb freq. Its voltage and hence more heat that kills shit. You can OC a X6 processor up to at least 3.7ghz without any voltage increases.;)

7. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    I am spewing, just got on to play some BF3 and the beta is closed. We didn't get the beta until 1030pm the next day because of time difference and yet it gets closed early on us. :(

8. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Some people don't know how easy it is to overclock these days.
    Hell, when I got back into gaming I thought you still had to use black magic and beseech the Dark Lord in order to overclock.
    It is so much easier now.

9. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    Like for example, will the H60 cooler be a good buy for the 8-core bulldozer? If I go liquid, i want to cool both the cpu and gpu.

10. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Um then may I suggest....

http://www.swiftech.com/

As someone who went with an H50 for more then a year I say don't waste your time.

11. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Crazyeyes you CAN throw C4 a fairly fair distance (and same with ammo and health) but there is a technique to it (e.g. jump + forward or some shit) and I can't really find a good explanation as yet. Supposedly this was possible in BC2 as well but the key action was a little different? Anyone have more info? Here is a video where the guy is throwing C4 but I think it can go even farther than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFdISq7E24c

12. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Reayth has no problem blowing shit up with C4. Saw him take out a tank with ease. I've blown myself up several times.

13. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
  14. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Sucks the Betas over, BC2 feels weird to play now lol.

15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah BC2 felt outdated like right away; before I even tasted Caspian (e.g. real Battlefield).

That said, a couple things in BF3 feel chintzy compared to BC2 most notably so far the tanks. They just seem less weighty and more like toys somehow. I can hit a dip in the terrain and spin around 180 degrees ffs like I'm in a ultralight Dune Buggy. The main gun doesn't feel and sound as big and badass as I think it should either; perhaps some unlocks will fix that? I also don't like the weird and kinda lame warning alarm sound; at first I though that was an engineer repairing me or something (which I soon figured it wasn't and wouldn't have made sense now anyway as it's a torch).

digibucc says thanks.
  16. marsey99

marsey99

Thanks Received:
    well its too late now and it happened :nutkick:

17. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    I'm going through withdraw. Quitting BF3 beta cold turkey is real bitch.

18. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    dont get me wrong its not hard using C4 to blow up tanks ive blown up so 10-15 tanks with C4 its just even with the run jump method my soldier tends to just drop the C4 at his feet lol rather frustrating.

19. marsey99

marsey99

Thanks Received:
    go play crysis 2, not much difference tbh dude.

20. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Yea me too! I made sure I got a good dose of it last night but I doubt that will hold me over until release.

WUT?
    [​IMG]

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I am going to have to practice. By the time I found out I could throw crates in BC2 I pretty much played Engie exclusively so I didn't bother learning. Here's a vid from same dude showing him throwing ammo crates in BF3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxSohKiNJps

Also, knifing sure is slow and awkward, at least at present. And twice I tried to get dudes who were prone and missed (more than one swipe too) and died by gunshots to my shins. Guess I gotta go prone first too?

22. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

23. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I casually walk up behind tanks, plant C4, run behind something and boom. I have destroyed at least 9 tanks with this method and unlike Crazy, I survived all of them but one.

Real soldiers do not Frisbee toss high yield explosive putty around. While I am sure you could and some one has done in real life, situation that are resolved with "Us the C4 we brought Sgt." are precision demos. Just saying.

I have no grip about the C4 girly throw as it will prevent spamming douchebags from using them like hand grenades. That and "Friendly fire OFF" no longer applies to you killing yourself <- that was a good move.

Think about how that would be abused if you could throw C4 far enough to survive considering the kit using it has virtually infinite ammo.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  24. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Good point I guess. Being able to toss health or ammo from cover is nice and not so badly "abusable" tho.

Anyone have any comments on knifing? I guess I won't worry about it too much until I see how the final is.

25. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I'm tied for the 3rd best player? Win.... Must be the... 341 hours in Bad Company 2
    ... But ya dunno how you got first.. were the same level and basically score but I got there 3 hours faster then u.. which is a 1/4th roughly of your game time

I like it. BC2 it was a legit primary weapon now its like it should be, a silent way to take out a lone enemy.