1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Indeed. As I posted earlier--with HT on I'm showing 30-100% load on at least 7 cores at any given time.

Nah he's just kinda...abrasive.

2. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    I will bump this once I have my new BF3 BETA montage. Hope y'all will like it :) ...It's on ultra 1920x1080p

3. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    I just played Caspian border and omfg it is battle field.

Radical_Edward says thanks.
  4. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    ^ Roger that! :)

5. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    It wasn't my intent to be abrasive about it. Just show that more then 4 cores/threads are being used. So if you are considering a CPU upgrade for this game a 2600K would be the better option.

Another thing not mentioned much is the fact that the game is also suppose to be DX11 multithread rendering ready. I use the word ready because it is only enabled through the gpu drivers. So that means the gpu drivers have to support the feature. From my understanding of it that is also a cpu function. More about it from AMD

6. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    meh point is game might use the threads and thats good but its also not maxing any of my cores on the 2500k at stock let alone overclocked

so while its extremely well multi threaded its still not fully stressing a 2500k,

and HT isnt like 4 real extra cores people seem to forget that if you bog down a core HT actually can hinder performance so its not a magical panacea of which awesomeness reigns supreme so keep that in mind.

another way to look at it this is Shogun 2 it will spread itself out across 8 cores as well but guess what frame rate and min max avg load times etc all are the same on a i3 2100 vs 2600k if the clock speeds the same and memory is the same,

i wont argue on the fact 2600k is the superior cpu but from what ive seen of the beta a 2600k has no improvement over a 2500k

much like your OWN THREAD on BC2 where a 2600k with HT on or Off had 0 impact on performance, ;) it is what it is its better multi threaded its using the cores but it dosent end up becoming the end all be all.

2600k is the superior cpu

but id be willing to bet that when the performance roundup on the retail game hits a 2500k and 2600k will perform the same it will come down to memory and clock speed.

7. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    here it is, if its still in 420p or lower, it's still processing (1080p when finished) check back later :toast:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  8. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    As for the my own thread it was using Starcraft II. A game that uses less then 4 HW threads. So, it would make perfect sense that using 4/8 HW threads wouldn't make much of a difference ;). All I'm pointing out is that it cannot be ignored that the game is using more then 4 HW threads.

Oh, and what link shows that a 2600k shows no improvement over a 2500k for this game? I like to view it?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  9. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    uh Bad Company 2 was used genius

you were bitching about Core 2 Quads not being used in reviews anymore for comparisons remember?

Q9650 at 4ghz with a 5970 had 70-80fps in BC2

stock 2600k at 100fps
    stock 2600k with HT off at 101 fps

or did you forget that thread ;)

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/s...9&highlight=core 2 quad in modern cpu reviews

oh seems i had it mixed up

BC2 with HT on had 101
    BC2 with HT off had 100

lolololol

again i highly doubt there will be a fps difference in the BF3 retail game from 2500k to 2600k

of course if you want proof of concept just remind me when the game actually releases

i know multiple users with 2600k and 6950 xfire and im willing to test that against my 2500k to see if there is a difference.

10. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Starcraft 2 doesn't use all 4 cores as you previously thought. As for BC2 to be fair, it is just a quick screenshot of an overall map view. Not a benchmark result using fraps. So don't put to much stock in it. If you stop with the name calling and really look at the results I didn't use fraps to provide min/max/average...genius...
    Do you have those cpus results for the BF3 beta suggesting that both the 2500k and 2600k offer the same performance? Or was that just an arguing point?

11. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    and im telling you having played the beta with every tom dick and larry on tpu

2600k or 2500k makes no difference performance is the same

lololol.

33% over 8 cores lets see cut that in half its 66% on a quadcore hmmmm simple math yes

again 2600k is the superior cpu but its not having any performance superiority at least when it comes to the beta retail might be a different story but im willing to bet otherwise.

look at your own damn screenshot you keep tossing up

from everything ive seen and tested currently

the game is GPU limited not CPU limited at least on single gpu systems multi gpu still gpu limited

the games effectively scaling to 4 gpus even in the beta.

seems to have the same underlying cpu requirments of BC2 but gpu requirments are through the roof for maintaining smooth framerate then again beta performance is also all over the place.

12. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Post up a pic similar to mine. I like to see what you are seeing.

13. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    Well I had a great time playing the beta will all you at TPU! Now we wait til the retail comes for more fun!

H82LUZ73 and MT Alex say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  14. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Why worry about me? What would it matter?

Seriously why would I hate homosexuals? Why? Worked on South Beach for years as an artist. They are no different then me expect their sexual preference. If you think I'm homophobic you got the wrong guy. However I do love the gay jokes because it makes so many fake alpha males uncomfortable. Now excuse me while I rock out to Culture Club and shoot down jets with a stinger in Caspian.

Nick89, H82LUZ73 and alexsubri say thanks.
  15. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    At stock cpu BF3 beta uses 72%
    the rest is 14 tabs in Opera
    Steam
    Origin
    Digsby
    TS3

and a bunch of other apps running.

also its not maxing any core and again this is stock speed and with XMP disabled on memory and i make this distinction because if you use XMP profiles it will clock all 4 cores up to 3.7 not 1 core by itself interestingly enough so with turbo + xmp profiles usage should drop to the high 60% mark of BF3, full on overclock the game will use less.

and for the record i took the usage after blowing up a Tank with C4 and dying from the blast .... off topic but really wish i could throw C4.... i keep forgetting it drops it at my feet and boom goes the dynamite i blow myself up lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Did you just debunk your own data as inaccurate and misleading?

17. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    and yes yes he did :roll: i love trolling its even in my avatar

i suppose this means i need to fully overclock my rig right? and test the beta again to further test my theory and point and thereby assert my awesomesauce alpha mail dominance ? or can we just say that by extention overclocking increases headroom and thereby a 2500k is more then enough since even a stock cooler lets ppl get an extra 500-600mhz out of the quadcore chip

18. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    No, Lol. But it is just a photo not a fraps showing min/max/average. ;)

So your pic clearly shows that you are using more then double the cpu usage with a 2500K then with HT enabled on a 2600k. Then you later admit you were trolling me about it.
    Well all I can do is thank you for showing all of us that the cpu usage is much higher :D.

19. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Then how is it even relevant? It's like comparing the frame rate of the main menu across 2 platforms, it has no applicable relevance. You just admitted that data you were using to compare 2 products--based on performance--wasn't actually reflective of their performance. :shadedshu

20. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Because it was asked for. It wasn't part of my original post. :wtf:
    Edit:
    Furthermore, you are making wild accusations based on nothing more then a quick pic I provided. It doesn't suggest anything you are implying as it was just a quick pic. All I suggested here was to state the obvious it wasn't a fraps recording (as the pic clearly shows, lol).

21. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    can you ladies just calm the f*ck down? i'm trying to watch anime here.

22. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Whatever you say OBR. :rolleyes:

23. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I can't believe he actually uses "crazyeyesreaper" as his PC username :D.

24. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well since you mentioned stereotypical gay jokes lol

[yt]YLmcCCH-YfI[/yt]

25. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Any hoot, this beta is just about over. It will be interesting to see what the retail version will be like. Along with any newer gpu drivers. Although, IMO, I'm not expecting much difference from what I've seen so far. But time will tell... :D