1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    I just noticed that brandon is now the OP instead of MailMan. ;) When did this happen?

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Man it looks a lot better without Post Proc AA.

3. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Prob after the 30th time he was banned :laugh:

4. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    SP impression right here. Many points are made and for the most part the SP isn't good. As for the graphics I think they are talking about the blue tint and the high contrast. There is a pretty big thread about that here. As previously posted, there are people who currently can't play the game as it either freezes or CTD. So it makes sense they are upset about it. Currently there is no fix in sight. Some are even experience CTD or freezing for single player.

Let alone the problems if you can play it...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
    H82LUZ73 says thanks.
  5. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    Yes, left my PC on for 25 mins, when I came back it was still "preparing" the installation :( Should have read your post sooner, I rebooted, inserted the disk again and now it's installing... That was really weird :ohwell:

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    god this game is absolutely incredible! Just finished the jet mission and thats by far my favorite!!! So exilerating!!!

7. MatTheCat New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, the net user score is being bogged down by the usual hoard of little bitches who cant get thier hardware working properly and cant stand the fact that it will take several months of patches in order to iron out the many bugs before the game is in a sublime state which make it serioulsy popular for years to come.

When BF2 first came out, it was buggy as hell and ran horrendously on even the highest end hardware at the time, yet until now it is the undisputed king of PC online shooters.

8. helloWorld New Member

Thanks Received:
    What do you mean? Combined with the other aa or by itself?

9. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I find that hard to believe, I have 3 people in my house who have this game and 1 next door all our systems vary in specs, we've got a gtx580, 5850, 6870 and 2x q6600's and a 2500k running the game and none of which are experiencing problems that those people are talking about. I mean we do get a CTD because of the disconnected from server thing and bugs out sometimes but it rarely happens enough for any of us to consider it a game breaking bug or to cause someone to be upset.

10. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    Technology is weird sometimes. I'm glad it was a simple problem. Don't forget to add me on Origin/Battlelog: DannibusX

11. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    I mean turn post to off. Using 2X MSAA.

Just unlocked mines. Time to have some sneaky fun. Haven't noticed any yet so people will be looking out for them even less than usual. :laugh:

Also does anyone have any idea how the tesselation slider in Cat drivers may affect this game? Right now have on App Controlled greyed out on 64x.

12. Nick89

Nick89

Thanks Received:
    I feel that the tanks and APCs need a buff of some kind. Guys with RPGs make them useless. I was on some urban map and I kept having RPGs shot at me with no way to retaliate.

The gun on the Tank is AP and has no splash damage, do you unlock HE rounds? The APC gun also needs a slight damage buff. I could not kill RPGs guys with the APCs gun.

I have not had a chance to fly yet.

13. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Not crying about these just thing they could be tweaked. There are alot of people whinging on the forum, threatening to never buy an EA game again etc etc.

No warning about incoming RPG's and the fact that engies have 4 rockets each and 1/3rd of the players are eng. I think vehicles need a buff too.

Aircraft and heli's are useless especially if there is an AA with heatseekers in the map.

My heard hurts from all the damn colours.

M249 saw is a PIA to go up against same with m416. I know they are unlocks but those two kill me more than anything.

Shotguns are fine.

Replacing medkit with GL launcher is a stupid idea most will pick GL.

Humvee's and Vodniks do rediculous amounts of damage especially in Grand Bazaar where the can cover the central alley.

Snipers are ok.

Pistols are far too weak up close, talking 6-8 hits for a kill at 10m.

Keep getting killed when I get around a corner.

Oh and not a game problem but people setting up fucking MG's in doorways and not realizing the entire team is standing behind them.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
    Nick89 says thanks.
  14. Horrux

Horrux

Thanks Received:
    My 64-slot server is up and running and starts rounds with just one player, for those who want to practice flying and whatnot. I set it on Caspian Border coz I know it's one map with plentiful vehicles.

So if anyone is in the mood to practice flying tonight, go right ahead, it's here:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf.../Serious-Gamers-Association-64-player-Mayhem/

I would ask that you put it into your favorites and join up once in a while, help keep it populated and whatnot. My clan certainly isn't filling it all by ourselves.

erixx, H82LUZ73 and Wrigleyvillain say thanks.
  15. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Same poop, different scoop. As for vehicles needing a "buff" how about unlocks like Maintenance and HMG? The customization is not only leaps and bounds above BC2 but you can choose more options and buffs than just one in this game.

16. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    wow! what an incredible game this is. I don't know why people are bitching about the single player story. I love it. Its not your run of the mill CoD style single player either. its realistic.

Also graphics in this game are unbelievable as well. This game is AMAZING!!!!:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: DICE!

17. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    I reinstalled the latest Nvidia drivers and that seems to have fixed the crashing issue I was having. As for my temps, I replaced the TIM on my 480s with some MX-3 and my temps dropped 10-15c on my cards, wow.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  18. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah it really does look great now that I have Textures on HQ in Cat drivers and no Post AA. Can't wait until can turn up MSAA to 4x.

But dude why the hell are you flipping out about SP that's not where this game is at. It's Battlefield 3.

Nobody has any comments or ifo re. Tesselation?

19. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    dude, no matter the game. I play Single player and beat it always first before multiplayer. its just my tradition and i like it like that. I don't understand why people are saying the single player sucks. I love it!

I just have my shizz maxed out on Ultra with 4x AA in game, AA POST off, and HBAO

there is tesselation where it should be. its not crysis where theres tesselation on everything, when their shouldn't be. Its used in the right spots.

20. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    yeah these nvidia BF3 drivers are solid

is there a TPU server for multiplayer?? If so we should all hit it up later tonight

21. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    erm...what are the Back to Karkand maps at?

22. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    those aren't out yet :laugh:

They arent out for another month i think. its just if you got the limited edition you get them at no extra charge when they release

23. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    My 5850 crossfire was giving me issues as well..I would get frozen screens, auto kicks, fps drops, not scaling correctly, etc. Hopefully ATI will release a new hotfix or CAP

24. alexsubri

alexsubri New Member

Thanks Received:
    just make your textures on ultra, everything else high. Disable MSAA and Motion Blur

25. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Got a few friends over and enjoying a LAN party right now, had an amazing round with Mortars(I was laughing hysterically this whole round)...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And working on some other good rounds.
    [​IMG]

Those people left their SP impressions in the reviews, I know what others feel of it, ok SP, nothing amazing, but not bad. They were talking about the blue tint and high contrast, but also mention the head bob and movement. I don't mind the tint(I honestly don't even notice it), don't see how that makes it bad graphics.

And I'm not sure how many of these people have truly played other MP PC games. Most I own seem to have issues of the bat. Just look at the last 2 months, Dead Island and RAGE, and both were fixed within days, and there was "no fix in sight" for those either. They are continuing patching, just because they don't jump up and down and yell it out doesn't mean it's not getting done. Everyone had such a large bug up their ass for Commo Rose, like I said all along, put that time into making the game run good. Hopefully the people having problems are those people, maybe next time they will have a different reaction.