1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I've had some BSOD's related to Origin as well.

Considering how we use Battlelog something tells me Origin was created with other intentions.

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    origin was created by ea to increase profits
    battlelog was created by dice to facilitate multiplayer
    bf3 was attached to origin by ea to increase profits

random says thanks.
  3. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    And both of them work together retardedly.

Mussels and digibucc say thanks.
  4. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    i hear of a lot of problems, but luckily enough for me i haven't had any. i did just do a fresh reinstall of windows 2 days before release, and it's still very clean - so that may have something to do with it.

5. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Sure but it didn't have to be so unconventional right?

MP is usually handled in game, which it isn't. Then they make Origin which you would think could conveniently handle the MP aspect again but no. Steam is perfect for the reason that it allows you to do everything you want right there in steam, no re-adding friends in your other games.... Not to mention that every other game has an Multiplayer function in it.

BF3 doesn't even have a Starting menu system... I can't understand why they went that rout and seeing how Dice is subject to the Man AKA EA, I'm pretty sure battlelog was created by Dice to facilitate muliplayer for EA.

Its a bit fishy... I'm personally really unhappy with battlelog. I don't want my browser up taking up 200+ MBof RAM and than Origin another 65+MB or RAM. Lets not even mention how my game fails to launch the first and like fourth launch for some odd reason... having to open and close Battlefield 3 so I can switch servers...

Also why does EA want access to my PC's files wtf? This should be taken up to the supreme court to rule if it is violating are 4th or 9th amendment. If police need a warrant to search your house/car should the same apply to personal device e.g cellphones/computers/tables.

6. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    I didn't mean crash or anything, but they don't "work together".

Battlelog is where we create squad and invite people, so that's where we need the in-game notification, but only Origin has notification in-game.

I miss people's invitation to games cuz battlelog doesn't notify me while i'm already in a server.

Both of them can be one like Steam, but for some retard reasons they are not.

7. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Exactly which I mention above, we know how it should be but it isn't... so that to me is odd.

8. Meizuman

Meizuman

Thanks Received:
  9. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    Errr wtf lol

10. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Now to find the hello key to execute every command at once!! MUHAHAHA!

11. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Yeah... hit the wrong button. :eek:

12. Meizuman

Meizuman

Thanks Received:
    Gladly that HELLO didn't come to stay. Now works ok.

13. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I meant you can't against decent players, especially at long range as you can't much up their view since you have bullet spread. Mid-range is your best bet, but it still most likely will be someone without tank upgrades, or not a good player. And in either of those cases, anything is possible.

14. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good eye on that. I noticed something was up with it too and figured it was origin. I also found this:

[​IMG]
    Start of origin

[​IMG]
    After 2 hours with origin running.

Although the pic above doesn't show it the I/O processes are consistently increasing. No other app does that. And, the memory portion should have decreased overall memory consumption after 2 hours but it's the very opposite of that. As you can see I had to expand the column features to actually see what origin was doing. If left alone for a few hours it can take about 10% of the total physical memory until it's closed.

The next time you have Origin running (after playing a few rounds) check out the ram usage before you start it and right around you are ready to close it to see how much ram you get back. It has to be about 2 hours though.

purecain says thanks.
  15. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    I dont know how about you guys,but my overall accuracy in battlelog is definitely shown incorrectly.

16. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I really hope they fix key bindings or i won't be able to fly a helicopter since mine are messed up for my joystick. I need to delete 3 bindings and change them but one of the 3 binds won't go away its frozen and thats one that i really need changed

What do you mean is it low or to high do you think?

I think mine is fine. It goes up as i work on my accuracy every game

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  17. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    My accuracy was 20% but then it went down to 19% but if you look at leaderboards (if you are my friend) it still shows 20% which is fine with me cause it ranks me #1 among my friends.

I suppose it just remembers your highest seeing how you've reached that high... IDk

18. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    add me up on your bf3 friends list if your in the uk... getting fed up of playing with noobs now...

eastcosthandle... definatly something up with the amount of ram origin is using... ea need to release info for us to see exactly what were running on our £2000+ pc's...

19. Rado D

Rado D

Thanks Received:
    so far I've used 16 weapons,from that only two are around 8.5% accuracy,the rest is between 10% - 79%.so unless stuff like tank gunner or heli gunner which you shoot like crazy without much careing for accuracy is also counted,then I doubt that adds up to 8.9%,which is my current one.

20. Irish_PXzyan

Irish_PXzyan

Thanks Received:
    Ok this is quite unreal! but after he bought a new copy it worked without any issues?? can you believe that???????
    How is it that made it work?? I am speechless and he can't believe it but that was his last option before doing a reformat!

Amazing :p

21. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    No I can't but I'm glad. Perhaps it was the reinstall but I figured he tried that with the first copy. Well if using and working with computers has taught me anything it's that you often never know until you try esp with software (unless your the dev perhaps then you should know...but it still can and does behave unexpectedly of course).

Yes they really need to do this ASAP and I expect it in the first patch which is hopefully soon. No word I've seen from DICE yet tho; fuck the Jeep horn we need basic functionality fixed first fcs.

I have been using Autokey but foolishly didn't think to swap Q with D (instead using another guys config from the forum) which is what I use for spot anyway until today. Have missed out on a lot of spot bonuses and help to my team cause the key I was using was at the right side of my KB. Again, kinda dumb on my part but I shouldn't have to go through this Autokey shit in the first place.

22. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    yeah for sure. Im surprised i haven't seen Key Bindings posted on the Battlefield Bug report forum section on Battlelog. So far i think i was the only one

OMG i am so excited for Christmas to get my sound card. Im hoping that maybe Battlefield 3 will be even better.( not sure it can, its already EPIC!)

23. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
    thx for some great matches guys :D

MustangGT2142 and digibucc say thanks.
  24. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    There's too much complaining and not enough praising! BF3 is badass, Origin isn't as good as Steam but then again, its NOT Steam so why complain about it? It is what it is, and what BF3 and Battlelog is, is #$&%ing awesome!

25. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yeah glad ur not too frustrated. That was a great game. You guys made an awesome comeback and then we each had 1 ticket at the end. I was hiding by Gas Station and someone else also took another point for the win I think.

The subtle closing music made it that much more intense. This game is really well done as it should be.

And hear, hear johnnyfiive...

johnnyfiive and (FIH) The Don say thanks.