1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    well at that resolution its pretty much capping out the 1.3GB memory buffer on the 470. With Sli it does not double or triple the memory Buffer.

2. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    This is why its always helpful to have a few people jump on the same server together when you're trying to get it started. With the guys I play with, we can easily start our server just by ourselves. After it starts, people just start flocking in.

It's getting past that initial minimum player count that really matters as the public doesn't want to wait around for the sever to start before they can play.

digibucc says thanks.
  3. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    I don't know about you guys, but getting a kill in battlefield 3 is so rewarding! I get such a..........(if you know what i mean);)

4. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    Did Triptex and Chaotic happen to join my server earlier?

I saw TRIP jumping off the helicopter leaving Chaotic in it...:laugh:

5. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
  6. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    It can't, maybe against someone without any tank upgrades. But someone with upgrades hits so damn hard, the other day had tanks hitting my AA Tank for 76% health with only 1 shot. After that my tank is on fire and crawls and I could never repair it to last through that next shell coming in a few seconds.

7. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Taking on a M1 or T90 with the AA tank is death in the waiting.

Concerning Conquest........

The strengths of the AA tank is to keep the skies clear for your teammates. Don't be moving in too far in to the action without a teammate in a M1/T90 as support. Otherwise you're best when you use the AA tank on a hill over looking the map and taking out helicopters and aircraft that burn off their flares as soon as you solid lock on to them (which is just about everyone).

Most people do not know how to use the AA tank effectively. I got about 10 kills Thursday (just on the AA tank) and there wasn't an enemy helicopter to be seen that wasn't quickly taken care of. Planes were easily taken care of when you help out your team's pilots by locking on to planes chasing them or helping to take down the ones they are chasing.

Using the AA tank is kind of like using the T90/M1 where distance is your friend. You don't want to get on top of the flag because most flags are located in tight areas that make it impossible to get out of quickly when you get people trying to take you out with rockets and c4 which is easy because of all the buildings that surround most flags. Tanks are best used from a distance to help take a flag and rain death on to the other team in the area. Close enough to help take a flag, but far enough away so you can move to avoid a rocket. Keep away from buildings so you can see people coming that try to use c4 on a tank. Get you're tank on top of the flag and you'll have c4 or rockets being launch constantly at you. With people unlocking mines now, you also run a high chance of running over those as they are usually placed all around the incoming road locations at a flag.

Keep away from the M1/T90 and AA tanks weakness and you'll be a terror on the other side.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  8. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Uhh I noticed one of my scvhost.exe tasks were hogging the cpu... so I naturally thought it was a virus, so I ran norton 360 and guess what? "Origin.exe" was found as a suspicious software, pressed fix and the cpu usage went back to normal. I was not running the game at the time.

Mussels says thanks.
  9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    origins been pissing me off, had a heap of mystery steam crashes, quitting origin fixed it.

AphexDreamer says thanks.
  10. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I placed all my personal files into my laptop where origin isn't installed, I am no longer comfortable placing any personal information into my main gaming rig :/.

11. DrunkenMafia

Thanks Received:
    Loving this games.. Although I can only play with all settings on high with AA off. I get about 145fps max and avg around 95. But if I turn one setting to ultra it just kills my game.

I have also found that once I change any graphic settings the game lags and I get a lot of fps drops to 1FPS!! I have to restart my pc after changing any settings. :banghead:

when do the new drivers come out again?

Edit: I also scored a road kill in a F/A 18 today. Lol. I crashed into the checkpoint flag on CB and ran over some dude. Then the plane rammed a shipping container and just sat there. I jumped out and there was no damage to the aircraft. Lol. I hit the container at about 400mph. :) Maybe it was made of marshmallow.

12. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    i get it crashing if i adjust any settings on the keyboard, now thats poor ,the keyboards as old as the bloody arc, how is it i cant set keys, there arnt that many different keyboards, wagwan this is startin to feel like some kinda coders conspiracy wherin a few of them are refuseing us key changes the fags

+1 their with a similar setup

More than 25k PPD
  13. (FIH) The Don

(FIH) The Don

Thanks Received:
  14. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    It can though I've engaged several tanks and won. They're especially vulnerable if you shoot the turret and blind them.

15. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    anyone else finding 4gb of ram isnt enough? my desktop idles at 1.2 - 1.6gb, and when i quit the game my resource widget shows ram maxed out for the time I was playing BF3.

I'm definitely noticing slow dows and stutter in game, sometimes marginal, sometimes it lasts and tears for between 1/4 second and 2-3 seconds...

I'm getting 8gb of ram and an SSD tomorrow to help my PV get into BF3 spec :D

16. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    That's reaching twilyth levels of paranoia:laugh: Honestly, Norton points out many things that are innocuous.

Scrizz, digibucc and random say thanks.
  17. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    size and type is fluff, it's count that matters there. i am sure there is a relation between damage and ammo type but i am also sure it is tied to the gun not the ammo itself
    those are fire modes. auto, burst, and single shot. some guns will have ... , .. , . , some just ... , . - and what they mean can change. for example an ak has ... and that means full auto, but for the m4 ... means 3 shot burst. the main point though is that they are fire modes.

that is odd, i leave them both open all the time no issues.

really? did you hide your tinfoil hat there too?

AphexDreamer says thanks.
  18. random

random

Thanks Received:
    lol tell that to the people who cancelled their pre-order because of the same reason.

Well really though its kind of unnerving to see origin using up the CPU while it runs in the background and actually quite annoying. This is the worse thing that could happen to BF3, I am sure they'd have more sales if it was sold on steam but meh, again I have nothing on my comp now so I couldn't give a damn, just saying.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
    digibucc says thanks.
  19. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Yes tested this last night with only 4GB and it definitely was unplayable at the settings I'm running with 8GB. Others have claimed otherwise but on my setup I need eight.

Hey this is only fitting. BF2 was the title that made going to 2GB RAM a must.

wolf says thanks.
  20. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah and all this "spyware" talk doesn't help Origin's case.

21. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    I agree. Steam would have been much nicer and given the game legs after the launch hype. People like me would have bought the game from anywhere, hell, even crazy caved in. But in several months it would do better with Steam type sales to push it. I've bought a ton of sale games that were on the store page of Steam I would have never considered had they not been waved in front of me.

I have grown fond of Battlelog, but see no point at all to Origin, especially since friends and chat are separate between the two.

random says thanks.
  22. Wrigleyvillain

Thanks Received:
    WTF some posts got re-ordered (I posted the second post above in response to Alex's last).

23. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    Hey guise :D can you add toxsysx to the platoon? i cant afford the game atm, but a good friend of mine lent me her info (her 8800GT doesn't run the game well) so I can start enjoying the BF3 goodness :toast:

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    added ;) send friend requests to members so you can see when they are online, then join them ;)

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  25. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    i think its time for a new pc tut

More than 25k PPD