1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Got mine, tried to run, ran on low ok, but unplayable. Fuck. Need to get a new computer...

2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I would imagine if your system specs are what you are playing on. Especially since the Alpha I hear is only running on low settings.

3. ctrain New Member

Thanks Received:
    Spotting is fucking horrific in this, holy shit. It was alright in BC2 but it's either completely broken here or they are losing their minds. Guns are very, very lethal in BF3 which exasperates it wildly.

I have a nice video of me spotting someone through a gigantic plume of smoke, 20 foot tall metal structure, and a couple trees for good measure, from about 500m away. I then proceed to mash Q over his marker for then next 30 seconds until he's killed and I get the spot reward. Not once did I ever actually see his body. I'm sure he was wondering why he's coming under fire 3 seconds after he spawns... with the answer being some guy broadcasting his exact location, through walls, to the entire opposing team for 30s straight.

The largest thread on the entire alpha website is complaints about the 3d spotting. It's in the special super duper feedback forum and completely dwarfs anything else so if they don't take note then well, I dunno.

But hey everything else is pretty great even if people are completely retarded and 90% of the time fail to actually get into the metro.

4. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    retarded does not even cover it. Effin pansies and pussy feathered mommas boys thinkin the IFV is made of fragile material and/or not figuring out what the engineer is supposed to do. They need to get the thumb out of their asses and repair it.

5. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    With no ability to remap the controls, I play like a double amputee whose prosthetic limbs are held on with scotch tape!

I have been using my right mouse button as 'move forward' since iD's Wolfenstein 3D. That's 19 years! If I have to use W for forward, my pinkie can no longer find the run key (shift). I keep missing the prone key(Z). When I want to do something fast. I spasmically hit the right mouse button, aiming down the sights, which slows me down to a crawl, making me an even easier target.

Very frustrating. :cry:

6. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    im playing now if someone want to pair up

7. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff

Thanks Received:
    Is hardcore available in the alpha? Or will it be in the beta or not until the final game? Never liked vanilla in BC2 and I won't be playing it much if at all in BF3. 3d spotting and minimap are no goes for me.

8. lemode New Member

Thanks Received:
    personally i think bad co 2 was better. not really feelin this one.

9. PhysXerror

PhysXerror New Member

Thanks Received:
    I don't think so, i know a couple guys in Aus that have their invites

10. Volkszorn88

Volkszorn88

Thanks Received:
    I got it ^^

The visuals are absolutely stunning. I love the way it feels.

And oh man, love the CQB of when you get into the Metro. And the way your character moves, runs, jump, dives...etc all feel authentic.

25 October can't come soon enough.

11. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    add me : iancomings1

12. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    I received an alpha invite...well, actually I went to the bf3 alpha page and it gave me a code for it, so I'm downloading it right now. Pretty stoked to at least get an idea of the product ahead of time.

13. Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Killer_Rubber_Ducky

Thanks Received:
    what is your screenname?

14. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    f22a4bandit, same as here. :toast:

15. TRIPTEX_CAN

TRIPTEX_CAN

Thanks Received:
    Facebook + Battlefield = FACEBATTLE!

TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  16. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    nope it runs on high settings,Just hit ESC key when you die and at deploy screen,it will bring up the option menu,only thing i hate about is the key layout is not changeable stuck with wasd keys ....complete opposite of what i`m use too.

Oh the rest of you guys make sure you turn of the guard for your anti virus or male-ware programs the BF3.exe gives a false +.

17. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    yeah i play as engi and was the first to use the blow torch to repair a lav-25 ,I turn around and seen 5 other engi`:roll:s finally figure it out lol ....

18. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    j key is for chat ...boy i had been looking for that since this time yesterday morning (3:00 am ) when i installed the Alpha,Wonder when we get to test the servers max throughput like we did in BF4play.

19. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    H82LUZ73, please try to avoid multi-posting by using either the Edit function, or multiquote, thanks!

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far from this. I hope I get into the beta, because I will miss playing it after Monday.

20. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Battlebook, Facefield... urrrgh, Facefield is creepy.

21. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    War is Hell
    [yt]eGl8qoEqJ-E[/yt]

When I have my Middle Finger on W, my Ring Finger is on A, my Pointer finger is on D, my Pinky is on Shift, and my Thumb is on Space. Is your Pinky resting on Caps? I rarely use Caps so couldn't see a point in having it there, also wouldn't feel natural. Key is to not lay your hand flat on the keyboard to get the proper placement, got to have your fingers slightly bent and kind of leaning your hand to the left.

Going to be hard to judge that based on 1 map and the game being in Alpha. BC2 was never show to the public in Alpha, and sounds like there are some bugs to still work out with BF3. Either way, Conquest is where the fun is at.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  22. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    If it is like previous Battlefield games, J will be All chat, K will be Team chat, and L will be squad chat.

23. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    installing battlefield play4free on my laptop at work! I will be playing today... its friday.. friday.

Crunching for Team TPU
  24. MT Alex

MT Alex

Thanks Received:
    Same here. The only bummer with the Alpha controls for me is Z for prone, as I have meat hooks so Z is a bit of a contortion. On BF2 I have prone mapped to my thumb button on the mouse. Works great.

25. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain PTFO or GTFO

Thanks Received:
    Wow dude right mouse for forward? I can't believe you weren't forced to break from that habit way earlier.

Yeah I use WSQE for movement (was more comfortable for me than A + D and I got used to it) and like D to spot so this is tough for me too. I want my BC2 controls.

Me too. The front of the two. The second larger thumb button is always use/action or in BC2 (and to be BF3) it's enter/exit. So as there is no prone in BC2 I used that button for melee and will probably keep such going forward but with prone now we'll see of course. Middle mouse is grenade.

I can hit Z ok without leaving the movement keys but I have to "concentrate" more than comfort dictates. Use that for Kit 2 in BC2 (i think it is) so like paddles in BC23 on Medic. Tho in the heat of battle trying to rez of course I can never hit it right and thats always when scroll wheel fails me too selecting everything but the one I want it seems lol