1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by TheMailMan78, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I have winnings disease.
  2. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    1907 Winchester 405 last appraisal $3500, Remington 7 mm mag, M1 Carbine, MAK 90 Chinese AK. Sounds lame but very stout and accurate little toy. 30/30 winchester. No hand guns ! To easy to make a bad choice with them especially when alcohol and drugs are involved. Might think how stupid, but lost cousins and lots of friends in the Inner city in my youth to those POS ! I'm prejudice : )
    Got my e-mail from BF3 today I'm at the TOP of the list for BETA : ) Yeah and the Presidency too :roll:
  3. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    ....... I'm thinking of a water gun that's filled with piss now.

Thanks a lot guys.
  4. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
    U a funny MF'r !
  5. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    To get a little back on topic...

I paid through PayPal, but I haven't seen my credit card get charged yet.
  6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Better drink it too. :toast:

:laugh:
  7. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    When you just drink water, and your pee is clear. Would it taste like water? [​IMG]
  8. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
  9. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
  10. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
  11. copenhagen69

Thanks Received:
    I hope it at least comes on steam .. I have grown to like that place ...
  12. H82LUZ73

H82LUZ73

Thanks Received:
    Nope no STAEM ,How many of you tested the Alpha ...I got an email (you have 3 days)For a chance to get a copy of Mass Effect2,Dead Space2.Or Medal of Honor for free from Origin.

I see a lot of talk at those negative Origin I hate it is not STEAM topics ,OH I bet we will need Origin to run it blah blah ...Funny the guys that tested the Alpha never complained about Origin just there was no 6 man squads(Plus Leader),Comma Rose .......Well i remember having to log on to Battle-log to play the Alpha so they EA/Dice of gone the way of there Play for Free of getting into the game.This will help in the long run....why? well look at it this way a guy gets banned from the account( Ie ip addy,email addy ) not just the servers.EA hates cheater as much as anyone But they will never ever post about it,That is why they have gone this way.
  13. GullyFoyle

GullyFoyle

Thanks Received:
    Actual EA statements about Steam:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7372195.page

EA Policy on Selling Games on Third-Party Download Sites

At EA, we believe in choice. We want our products in all the places gamers go to download the best games and services. To that end, we offer games to EVERY major download service including Amazon, Walmart, Gamestop, and Steam.

One of the most exciting aspects of games is that they just keep getting bigger and better. Both developers and consumers have evolved beyond the traditional model that used to limit us to 15-20 hours of play on a typical disc. Today, post-launch downloads of new maps, vehicles and other content extend the experience, adding hours of fun and a lot of value.

Every download site that hosts our games sets business terms for our relationship. These terms are often complex, but the goal is to provide a hassle-free experience for the gamer. Prices, content exclusives, and loyalty programs may differ from site to site. Consumers can pick the site that bests suits their needs.

Any retailer can sell our games, but we take direct responsibility for providing patches, updates, additional content and other services for the individuals and communities that play our games. These players are connecting to our servers, so we want to provide them with the very best service. This works well for our partnership with Gamestop, Amazon and other online retailers.

However, when a download service forbids publishers from contacting players with patches, new levels, items and other services – it disrupts our ability to provide the ongoing support players expect from us. At present, this is the case with only one download service. While EA offers its entire portfolio to this site, they have elected to not post many of our games. We hope to find a mutually agreeable solution to this issue soon.

Going forward, EA will continue to work with download partners and continue offering our games for sale on all major download sites.

The good news is: you’ve got plenty of choices.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7468888.page

EA offers games, including Battlefield 3, to all major digital download sites. In doing so, our goal is to not only reach the widest possible global audience with our games, but also to provide ongoing customer support, patches and great new content. We are intent on providing Battlefield 3 players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play the game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with consumers.

For more on our policy to offer games to any major third party download service, please read here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/7372195.page

Gamers can pre-order Battlefield 3 at Origin.com as well as over 100 digital retailers worldwide. EA offers games to all major download services. Unfortunately, Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content. No other download service has adopted these practices.

We are intent on providing Battlefield 3 players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers. We hope to work out an agreement where Steam can carry Battlefield 3; meanwhile, gamers can pick from the more than 100 digital retailers listed at http://www.battlefield.com/digitaldownload, or go to http://www.origin.com.
  14. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I just want everyone to remember, BC2 came to Steam only like three weeks before the game even came out. People didn't even know if that was coming to Steam, till then there was almost no word on it, and Origin wasn't even around then to cause bad blood between Valve and EA.

So there is still chance for it to land on Steam, it just might be very last minute, even BC2 was.
  15. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    But they confirmed that they are ditching Steam, Bad Company 2 just took a while to arrive on their platform, EA is confirming that BF3 won't touch Steam altogether unless Valve meets their terms.

There's still a chance but it's highly unlikely.:(
  16. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    There are estimates over here that when converted, we're getting this at around $38 (retail). So if you pre-ordered already (for around $12), you'll just have to add around $26 when the game comes out. :)
  17. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    As usually this is just EA blaming Valve for policy BS, when Valve has not made any recent changes to their Terms of Service for anyone, especially game companies. You know who did recently change their ToS, Electronic Arts upon the release of Origin.

Neither EA, nor Valve has stated BF3 will not be on Steam. Steam has been left off of 1 list of digital retailers because it was a list of retailers that already have BF3 available for pre-order.

I seriously doubt EA is stupid enough to avoid distribution through Steam for no reason. If there was a problem with Valve's Terms of Service, why were only certain games pulled and not their entire library?

The truth is EA probably has some BS about Steam not being allowed to distribute updates, patches, and DLCs. That all of that would have to come from Origin which is a violation of Valves Distribution License and a heap load of crap anyway. I am sure they will come to some kind of compromise as external updates to Steam game library is possible (Mass Effect 1 & 2), in game updating is possible (Dragon Age: Origin), or EA can stop being money grubbing douches (Every other game where Steam handles updating, patch, DLC, etc. with their money, time, servers, and support structure).
  18. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    EA has confirmed it will not be showing up on Steam, from EA's official Twitter:

I agree that it is a stupid move to do such a thing considering how large the platform is among gamers, they're missing out. Also i think the reason why they only moved Crysis 2, Dragon Age II etc is because they were new titles, they just aren't putting any more of their titles on Steam anymore from that point on. And i believe DLC, updates etc was in fact the reason why they are pulling out.
  19. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    That was part of my point. It took BC2 a long time to land on Steam, and was unknown if it even would till almost right before it released. There is still a chance for BF3 to be on Steam, if they can work out something. But BC2 only came to Steam less than a month before release, and there was to issues between EA and Valve at the time, so I wouldn't be shocked now this this Origin issue, if it landed on Steam with less than a week to go until release. I honestly will be holding out till last minute for a Steam pre-order most likely, even though I do own a few games on Origin already.
  20. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    still dont care, i wont pay my hard earned cash for BF3 unless its on steam had this discussion with Laughingman last night, i would pay $15 more just to have the damn game on Steam, i use 1 platform for ease of use, ive no desire to maintain multiple game accounts, if i own a PS3, i dont need to log into 6 different fucking things to play my games, you just use Playstation network same goes for Xbox live, Steam fills that need for me on PC, if EA wants to be dicks they can be theyll just lose my money on all future purchases, besides BF3, all there other games i only play single player so ill just find alternatives. not that big a deal.

not to mention in the past EA's online registration for games was so convulted and fucked up among all there games and studios its a giant fucking mess, to the point i need titles transferred along with my veteran status, do to my old email provider shutting down its service but oh wait EA will NOT fix that for me, saying its impossible, etc EA hasnt gotten shit right in years Origin is just a giant fail sauce, we have to have control over this this this and this, well good luck now you have to pay for more servers maintenance, bandwidth etc. good going Ea now you have more responsibilities when you can hardly handle whats on your plate to begin with lolz.

if EA wants my money they should have done something 6 years ago, when steam and ea downloader came out, this shit now is to little to late and they've screwed the pooch to many times for me to give them another chance if i miss out on games because of it no big deal i dont need games to live, if anything if i cant buy there games it just means i can eat at fancy restaurants more often :roll:

i havent bought Ubisoft titles since there DRM switch, and i can easily avoid EA titles that dont show up on steam. All EA is really doing is saving me money in the long run
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  21. boise49ers

boise49ers

Thanks Received:
  22. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    1 in a million.........so you're saying there's a chance. :rockout:

:p
    CDdude55 says thanks.
  23. Scrizz

Scrizz

Thanks Received:
    fuck steam, I want the game.

just today i had no internet and could not access any of my steam games.
    I couldn't even get into offline mode.

I'm tired of not being able to play my shit offline.
    It's not like every game out there is MP only...

I want BF3, that's what the clubhouse is about.
    not a steam clubhouse.

I was a BF fan before I was a steam fan.
    I'm not saying I like EA, but I do love me some BF.
    That's my POV
  24. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    My internet never turns off, and I want BF3 solely for online play, so I could careless about it either way if I don't have internet. No one said this was a Steam clubhouse, but people can post their opinions, much as you have posted yours.
  25. kid41212003

kid41212003

Thanks Received:
    He likes to troll me.. that's all.
    besides the only game I see him playing on steam is champion online anyway!