• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Battlefield 4 (Discussion)

I thought we got this in BF4? At least the mini map I thought...

I never noticed that this is already going to happen (somewhat), looks like a big step in the right direction though.

FairFight also looks like a huge improvement over PB, which has always been a rudimentary afterthought for AC. Gota say, if DICE can avoid the usual launch catastrophes that are drawn out for months, this could be an epic game.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Of course it may suck but this is still better than plain ol PB again.

might even work better then Pb - you know how those botters jerk around a lot when they detect are target etc etc. Ive been head shotted from more then half way across the map. Ive been sniped out of choppers in mid flight, after taking over from the previous pilot who got sniped out. What are the chances a guy can hit a chopper, kill the pilot then kill the other guy who takes the previous pilots place as the chopper has stopped moving forward and is literally dropping through the air.

Id go as far as saying every ridiculous long shot like that needs to be calculated by the system.

Obviously its not the most efficient way to go about it as it requires a lot of processing power to check all the billion bullets that millions of players are firing each time but at least the system works unlike Pb which has gotten old and more then likely easier to exploit over the years its been in service as the main anti cheat system.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Well that comment was just a disclaimer as I had expressed excitement before looking at any details. But "testing and comparing" two and even just having a new AC solution in the mix can only be a good thing I figure.

Edit: Bah is it really impossible to preserve my server browser settings thru blog updates?

Last edited:
I don't think a heuristic AC system or whatever you want to call it needs to be that complicated really. A huge number of players could be statistically banned, or at least flagged based on obvious headshot statistics, and perhaps time between headshots. Of course, the cheat devs could program around this, or players can toggle, but fairly quickly it takes more effort to cheat than learning to play when effective barriers are in place. The overwhelming majority of cheaters are dumb as bricks to begin with.

System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
I don't know about FairFight. It seems to do 2 things from what I can find:

1) Looks for statistical impossibilities.
2) Analyzes player statistics to look for anomalies (like last 9 kills were all headshots).

Based on that, it gradually increases the penalty from a warning to full out ban. Though a ban only seems to be done if someone views a report. Thus, it's reliant on the EA/Dice ban team to eventually do the work and we all know how well that's worked in BF3.

There's a thread over on PBBans.com where they're talking about it.

As a server admin, I'm not holding out for much hope on this one.

It's just a guess on my part, but I think that it's probably using a bell curve to figure out statistical anomalies. I'm also going to guess that this may have been one (of many) reason(s) why Dice had all those Youtubers over to play BF4. This way they could have some early good data to go on so they could tweak FairFight to keep it from penalizing good players.

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
twitter.com/crash7800: "#BF4 beta will not be "under NDA" - You will be able to stream that sweet, sweet beta footage. And you Should. :D"

New Battlefield blog post - The Road to Battlefield 4: Every Game Mode Revealed

[DICE] H Brun | 09.27.13
WHAT’S IN A TICKET?

Tickets are a shared team resource for respawning. 1 ticket = 1 respawn. So if your team has 100 tickets to share, after you have received 100 kills your team will be down to zero and lose the match. You can also continually bleed tickets in most game modes if the enemy controls more flags than you.

From the all-out vehicle warfare of Conquest to the frantic warfare found in the all-new Obliteration mode, Battlefield 4 offers the most diverse and fun multiplayer experience yet. As we prepare for launch, we wanted to tell you about the modes you’ll be playing in the Battlefield 4 Beta, as well as the other modes you will get to experience when Battlefield 4 launches later this year.

Battlefield 4 brings seven distinct game modes all playable on the ten exciting multiplayer maps – and all modes will be playable on all maps. By carefully zoning the playable combat areas, adapting flag layouts, and catering for a variety of gameplay styles, each map will accomodate any game mode you wish to play. Read on for details on each of the game modes in Battlefield 4!

CONQUEST (Playable in the Battlefield 4 Beta)
BF4 Conquest Mode

TIME IS UP!

Most game modes have a default time limit to prevent matches from going on for too long without a conclusion. In game modes like Team Deathmatch and Squad Deathmatch, we also have an overtime feature to make sure that they don’t end in a draw and that a winner is declared.
Combat type: The definitive Battlefield mode – All-out vehicle warfare mixed with intense infantry action across land, air and sea
Designed for: 24 players (X360, PS3) / 64 players (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
Commander mode: Optional
Conquest is the quintessential Battlefield mode and includes all-out vehicle warfare across land, air and sea. Engage in dogfights with jets, lay waste to the battlefield with tanks, patrol the rivers in attack boats, and engage in intense infantry combat. With its vast maps and wide array of available vehicles, Conquest truly lets you play your way. THIS is Battlefield!

The goal is simple; capture flags, eliminate enemy soldiers, and bring the enemy’s ticket count down to zero. The best way to do that is to make sure you own a majority of the available flags on the map. To capture flags you must be within a specific range. The more flags your team controls the faster your enemies’ respawn tickets will reduce. But be advised, your enemy can capture your flags at any time, turning the table and putting you on the offensive. The first team to bleed their opponent’s respawn tickets to zero are the victors.

DOMINATION (Playable in the Battlefield 4 Beta)
Combat type: Fast-paced infantry variant of Conquest
Designed for: 20 players (all platforms)
Commander mode: No
Domination is an intense, infantry only game mode that made its debut in Battlefield 3: Close Quarters. While sharing many of the elements of Conquest (capturing flags, bleeding your enemies’ tickets to zero), Domination is tighter and more focused. You’ll never be far from a flag, which means you’ll be constantly on the move and constantly in the thick of the action.

In contrast to Conquest, capturing flags is much quicker in Domination, and the ticket count is lower than in Conquest. You also lose tickets more slowly if you own a minority of the bases. This means that every kill made in Domination means much more for the outcome of the entire match than it does in Conquest.

OBLITERATION

COMMANDER MODE

Turn the tide in the strategic Commander Mode. Learn more about how to direct your troops, scan the Battlefield, and deliver critical war assets in this blog post.
Combat type: Mad dash in vehicles and on foot to deliver explosives
Designed for: 24 (X360, PS3) 32 (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
We call this the ”Battlefield Moments Generator”. One of the two new game modes in Battlefield 4, Obliteration is definitely the most explosive! In Obliteration, a bomb spawns at a random location on the map. Both teams must fight to pick up the bomb, drop it off at one of their opponent’s three objectives, arm it, and destroy the objective. Once a bomb has detonated, the next one randomly spawns in a new location and the chaos starts all over. The game lasts until one team has detonated the other team’s three objectives. Obliteration can be devastatingly quick or a harrowing tug of war depending on how good your team is at staying together and delivering the bomb. Like most other game modes, there is usually also a time limit in place to make sure the match does not go on for too long.

Compared to Conquest, the action in Obliteration tends to be heavily focused on wherever the bomb is located. Since there’s only one bomb at a time, you will often find yourself going from attacker to defender in the blink of an eye. You need to be able to predict enemy movement to defend at the right place at the right time and reclaim the offensive – or intercept the enemy to reclaim possession of the bomb. The constantly shifting playing field from offense to defense is partly inspired by American football – with the detonation of an enemy installation being the Battlefield equivalent of scoring a touchdown.

Learn more about Obliteration in this blog post.

DEFUSE
Combat type: Competitive close quarters combat
Designed for: 5 vs. 5 players (all platforms)
The other new game mode making its debut in Battlefield 4, Defuse is a highly competitive and lethal. Each player is given a single life per round, every shot fired having the potential to drastically change the outcome. Teams can win by eliminating the enemy squad, or arming and detonating a military objective that they own (similar to the M-COM stations in Rush mode.)

Built from the ground up and designed to cater to the most competitive Battlefield players, Defuse provides a distinctly new flavor to Battlefield that stands in stark contrast to other modes like Rush and Conquest. Each player can only be revived once per round, and players who have been eliminated will be following the rest of the showdown from the sidelines.

TEAM DEATHMATCH

Combat type: The classic shooter mode, Battlefield 4 style
Designed for: 20 players (all platforms)
Few game modes are as instantly recognizable as Team Deathmatch. The setup is deliciously simple: two teams face off in combat, with the first team to reach a preset number of kills emerging victorious. There’s nothing more to it – it’s the perfect game mode for when you’re short on time and crave instant action.

RUSH

Combat type: Fight deep into enemy territory by detonating their M-COM stations
Designed for: 24 players (X360, PS3) 32 players (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
Another signature Battlefield multiplayer mode, Rush is an asymmetrical struggle between Attackers and Defenders. The goal is for the attacking team to arm and destroy two MCOM stations in each zone of the map. The defending team must stop this from happening before the run out of respawns. If the attacking team is successful, two more MCOM stations are spawned deeper on the map. Rush continues until the attacking team has destroyed all six of their enemies MCOMs, or when the defending team has successfully bled the attacking team’s respawn tickets dry. Often, a game of Rush will take you through a number of different environments, each asking you to reconsider your tactics and your loadout.

SQUAD DEATHMATCH
Combat type: Four squads fight on the ground with limited vehicle support in a race to the top of the leaderboard
Designed for: 16 players (all platforms)
In Squad Deathmatch, four squads face off in a battle to the top of the leaderboard. The first squad to reach the preset number of kills in each round is declared the winner. Squad Death Match is a mode that takes the immediate action from Team Deathmatch and doubles the number of participating teams to deliver an intense battle to see who will emerge victorious.

Stay tuned to “The Road to Battlefield 4”, where we’ll continue the journey towards the release of Battlefield 4 by diving deeper in to the biggest Battlefield game ever. Until then, let us know what you think about this blog post, and what questions you want us to answer in the upcoming posts. Thanks for reading!

[yt]?v=GjfyosmgoU8[/yt]

Last edited:
System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Man, I thought it was going to be a quiet week leading up to the beta.:eek:

To prepare for the BF4 beta, let's think back to how the the Battlefield 3 beta went.
  • The only level was Operation metro in Rush mode
  • Prone was back for the first time since BF2.
  • trying to advance while prone, would take you under ground, where you could get stuck.
  • Control remapping didn't work so good until retail release.
  • as the beta progressed locked servers started showing up in Battlelog playing Caspian Border in Conquest. People said "Now that's Battlefield" (as opposed to Metro Rush)
  • A bug was found that allowed you to steal the password from protected servers, using Chrome developer mode.
  • Zhinto started distributing the password for the locked Caspian Border maps.

maybe by the end of the BF4 beta we will all be playing Obliteration on Paracel Island?

Last edited:
System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
the bf3 beta was a complete cluster f&&&... I will be giving it a try for a bit and if it's anything like that I'll just wait for release.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Yeah. The control mapping kinda screwed me up. Really hoping not an issue again though I suppose I could employ autohotkey again in a pinch. Had to use that for like 2 months after release to remove Q from spot ffs.

Heh another map later in the week would be cool though Shanghai Conquest is a not Metro Rush, that's for sure.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
I think they have learned from those mistakes and the move to Frostbite 3 will be much easier. I don't think we will have those issues this time around. What you can expect is server crashes, huge waiting lines for lack of servers, and texture failure.

From what I gather on all the videos I ahve watched on YouTube, they have gone through extensive testing with YouTube BF3 gamers with the current beta release already. They didn't have any issues other than balancing a few things. I just don't think they are going to give us all the guns like those guys got.

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
New Battlefield Blog Post - All Battlefield 4 Multiplayer maps revealed

[EA] LooooveCommander 09.27.13
Battlefield 4 is just about a month away and we couldn’t wait any longer to reveal the full map list that you’ll get to experience in the game. You’ll be able to choose from 10 maps, playable on all seven game modes. The maps vary from the open Chinese metropolis in Siege of Shanghai and the violent seas of Paracel Storm to the flooded inner city streets of Flood Zone. Another map, Zavod 311, takes the fight in a completely different direction, which we wanted to highlight here as we unveiled it this week at the Eurogamer Expo in London.

Zavod 311 puts players in a Soviet tank factory that dates back to the Cold War era. Long abandoned, Mother Nature has completely taken over the facility and now overgrown trees and bushes cover the compound. Deep within the factory is an active warhead, which players can detonate to send a towering chimney crashing to the ground. Doing this opens up gameplay paths and routes previously not available while closing others, and making the use of ground vehicles extremely difficult in the area. Players will also find munitions depots filled with highly explosive materials spread across the map that they can use to their advantage.

Check out the full list of maps coming on October 29:

- Siege of Shanghai

- Paracel Storm

- Zavod 311

- Lancang Dam

- Flood Zone

- Rogue Transmission

- Hainan Resort

- Dawnbreaker

- Operation Locker

- Golmud Railway

What do you think the experience will be like in the other new maps? Let us know in the comments.

Battlefield 4 begins its release on October 29, 2013 and will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. Pre-order the Digital Deluxe Edition and get access to the exclusive Battlefield 4 Beta on Oct 1.

Last edited:
System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
lol, a list of names.... we want maps! ;)

I have seen this blog post on my phone, and it's not much more than the names (I was expecting pictures and I was disappointed)

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Yeah. The control mapping kinda screwed me up. Really hoping not an issue again though I suppose I could employ autohotkey again in a pinch. Had to use that for like 2 months after release to remove Q from spot ffs.

Heh another map later in the week would be cool though Shanghai Conquest is a not Metro Rush, that's for sure.

I didn't have any problems with this in the Alpha, although I was content with the Q key functionality as-is...
but I do do plenty of exotic mappings like Right mouse button for forward, and inverted Mouse look

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
February:
I really liked BF3 for a while. Now, it's old. I hope BF4 has many many changes to make it different from BF3. At this time I'm uninterested. No pre-order/release day buy for me, that's a promise. Oh, and it needs much, much bigger maps.

Today:
Preordering a R9 290X BF4 edition! :D
Yeah, the fact they didn't eventually reveal the price has me thinking it may be more expensive. Either way I'm getting a new card and this game as I've been planning on it. Just going to wait and see what the 780 does for price and price/perf. for the 290x. But the 290x is a bit more appealing with more vram and the game included. But really I need to see some reviews first. :)

A while ago you couldn't care less for this game. Said you were sick of BF all together. Now your buying a new GPU just for it?!?

Honestly I'm not judging you but this does fit the PC gaming stereotype to the letter. :laugh:

Installing BF3 to get ready for this, even though I'll be playing on PC now instead of PS4.

Processor Intel Core i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower
Cooling Thermalright Archon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
Storage Plextor M5 Pro 512GB; WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) 2x HP ZR24w
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-650
Mouse Logitech G403 HERO
Keyboard SteelSeries 7G
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit EN
I don't know about FairFight. It seems to do 2 things from what I can find:

1) Looks for statistical impossibilities.
2) Analyzes player statistics to look for anomalies (like last 9 kills were all headshots).

Based on that, it gradually increases the penalty from a warning to full out ban. Though a ban only seems to be done if someone views a report. Thus, it's reliant on the EA/Dice ban team to eventually do the work and we all know how well that's worked in BF3.

There's a thread over on PBBans.com where they're talking about it.

As a server admin, I'm not holding out for much hope on this one.

It's just a guess on my part, but I think that it's probably using a bell curve to figure out statistical anomalies. I'm also going to guess that this may have been one (of many) reason(s) why Dice had all those Youtubers over to play BF4. This way they could have some early good data to go on so they could tweak FairFight to keep it from penalizing good players.

Aren't a large part of cheaters made up by players who use:
1) A wallhack
2) A damage hack

I doubt those kind of cheats can be detected/filtered by an heuristic that just looks for anomalies in the player statistics?

GLD

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, AMD Wraith Prism.
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi).
Cooling Antec 120mm RGB case fans.
Memory 4x8gb, G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GVKC.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6700.
Storage PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB 4.0x4 NVMe ssd with Vantec ICEBERQ heat sink.
Display(s) ASUS VP278QG 27", 1080p, 75hz, FreeSync.
Case Antec GX202.
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound, Logitech Z625 THX 2.1's, Logitech G430 headphones.
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750.
Mouse Logitech G203 Prodigy.
Keyboard Logitech G213.
Software Windows 11 Pro, @ Day 1.
BF4 discount at Greenmangaming

http://mtrace.greenmangaming.com/custloads/274760696/md_209068.jpg
>>>----------------------------------------------------------------^^^ read text here)

May only work for North America, and on their mailing list. Check your Inbox or spam flolder

If you add both BF4 vanilla and Premium on one order the coupon code only dropped the price to $99. I separated them and did 2 separate orders and used the code each time and it dropped it to $88 total. Don't delay guys. The coupon code is only good until Sept. 30th. Thanks for the coupon code GullyFoyle. :peace:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
February:

Today:

A while ago you couldn't care less for this game. Said you were sick of BF all together. Now your buying a new GPU just for it?!?

Honestly I'm not judging you but this does fit the PC gaming stereotype to the letter. :laugh:

No, you're judging me. I don't care. :p

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
BF4 Beta Dowload size:

twitter.com/BATTLEFIELDO/: "To clarify:
Console #BF4 beta 1.6-1.7GB
PC #BF4 beta: At least 6GB"

=================================================

Battlelog - PC game server providers for Battlefield 4

trydling 8 hours ago
Are you Prepared 4 Beta? As we are getting closer to the Exclusive and the Open Beta, we wanted to update you on the available gamer server providers.

Below is the initial list of game server providers on PC that we will work with for Battlefield 4 during the Beta and launch of the game. We believe that these proven RSP’s will be able to offer global coverage of game servers.

Battlefield 4 game server providers
4NetPlayers
NitroServ
Multiplay
MyInternetServices
I3D
Gameservers.com
Gamed!
NFOservers
Hypernia
Gportal
Fragnet
AusGamers
Rocketblast
ForTeam
Trinity Games

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Aren't a large part of cheaters made up by players who use:
1) A wallhack
2) A damage hack

I doubt those kind of cheats can be detected/filtered by an heuristic that just looks for anomalies in the player statistics?

Well I am hoping that it isn't just FP or PB...both would be cool. Though they did say "comparing" I suppose.

Saw this while browsing and thought i'd post it here incase someones interested in it or didn't know about it. It's a contest with prizes.

SHuSTYBANG - 30 Days to Battlefield 4: Countdown

Hey maybe you can win the system. Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Money Hole
Processor Core i7 970
Motherboard Asus P6T6 WS Revolution
Cooling Noctua UH-D14
Memory 2133Mhz 12GB (3x4GB) Mushkin 998991
Video Card(s) Sapphire Tri-X OC R9 290X
Storage Samsung 1TB 850 Evo
Display(s) 3x Acer KG240A 144hz
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) ADI (onboard)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G710+
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Well I am hoping that it isn't just FP or PB...both would be cool. Though they did say "comparing" I suppose.

I think it was WarZ that used just FairFight. From briefly scanning Google, it appears that they're adding PB since it appears FF does not seem to be good by itself.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Another layer is more than fine with me. Sounds like you would have to have very similar and repeating strings of crazy good luck (plus consistent great skill) to be outright banned unjustly by FairFight. It "looks" for things like 10 headshots in a row with pistols on an at least semi-continual basis (haven't read much as yet though).