Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by 1Kurgan1, Jan 23, 2010.
Anyone else only able to login as a Rank 1?
damn you wrigley i joined on you on that shit server last night, fucking terrible server and game, still made most of the others look like fools on the server tho.
It's dead !
Keep looking for the old skool BFBC2 folks on the weekend. Dont happen anymore. Yeah people get on the thread once in awile , but it is dead. You want it to revive Kurg lets have the old folks play again. I know I don't have a lot of hours, but I used to depend on my usuals. Yeah I can't wait until BF3 so I can suck on that gamke too, but I want my BFBC2 until then
I wish I played at regular times, but I usually play around this time or maybe in another hour or so from now since this is when I get off work.
Yeah that's me too. I'm out west and most of those guys are east coast. I don't get on until late evening which makes it really late for them.
im to busy working and trying to get my new rig up and running, turns out when painting my HDD pays the primer being old didnt set right, so the paints bubbled up underneath so i have to sandblast the damn bays and covers, so untill i can get that done im pretty much shit outta luck, once i solve those problems ill be back on gaming again
I've been spending all my gaming time in the Alpha, and it's been fun, but I have missed my hour or so a day with BC2. Won't have to worry about that after today.
How long until you can tell us how well your system handled the Frostbite 2 engine and what settings you were able to run it at with out bogging it down ?
Went outside my comfort zone today and ordered a GTX 460 (Nvidia) for my quad. It will
only be running at 720p so I figure I should get decent frame rates for BFBC2
and hopefully BF3 with this card at Medium to High setting at that resolution.
Where was that? I think I saw that deal but now forgot where it was.
I had a GTX 460 SE 1gb on my I7 cruncher and It played BC2 on high settings 1080P above 60 FPS easy
This was OCed to 900MHZ
I should be on more after this week. pulled the trigger on a new build, so should be fun.
I am interested to see how much bottleneck I get with an overclocked 2500k and a gts250.
I had a 768mb 460 oc'ed to about 875 on the core and it played at 1080 no problem with some high settings, not maxed, but it still looked and played great.
Newegg refurb. I get good deals over 75% of the time. The other 25% I just send it back until I get a good one.
I can run this DLP at 1366x768 and I'm thinking with all the bells and whistles that card will provide it will look
pretty damn good. Better then console and I get to play keyboard mouse on a huge screen. Being blind as hell
that is a good thing. I hexicore is built for pure eye candy this other setup is what I'm hoping to be my main gamer.
Still hoping for alpha feedback. Now that that is done isn't OK for the testers to speak ?
I hear they OC real well and I bought the 1 GB version. They have a GTX 480 for $285 too.
update: upon further review this is the SE version. They had the straight 460 1 gig for $99.
Man I haven't had a Nvidia card since my 9600 GT I bought for COD4. It was a Great card though.
Okay, who here has gotten the punkbuster.exe error?
Check Mailman's sig for PB fixes. Should be able to get it resolved...
Okay, I have deleted the PB files in the program files. Then I updated and I still have that error! All I want is to pwn n00bs
What error is it exactly?
Service communication failure: punkbusterA.exe I get that when ever I join a match
Did you delete the PB files or did you use PB to actually Uninstall them then Reinstall it?
I followed Milk's tutorial, and it works now! Now I just need to re-learn how to play this game
Went 1/5 :3
Got the new system where I want it except for an illuminated keyboard.
Played a couple rounds last night and it handled it great at high setting.
The GTX460 is a great cheap card. Going Green from Red was a total pain
though. I had to sweep all my drivers before it would load the new ones
without a failure. EVGA had pretty good support. Between the Nvidia Drivers
and the New Creative card drivers I had quite a few hours just getting it
all working right and people scream about ATI drivers. Ha !
Whoa whoa you just did a major upgrade and didn't reinstall Windows? Even if you have the same mobo it's really a good idea for best performance (and look at all the crap you had you go through with drivers).
I just got a new 770 board and I didn't reinstall windows, more because my backup isn't working and I'm too lazy. How much is a 460? I really want a card that can play games on decent settings, the old 4650 OEM DDR2 card isn't really working it for me.
I paid $95 refurb , but they are out of stock.
There may be different versions on New egg.
I'll take a look and get back with a link.
Separate names with a comma.