1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bent Pin on my motherboard :(

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Kusimeka, Sep 21, 2013.

1. maksic87

Thanks Received:
    I still have a good eye sight so i can repair bent pins with only a sewing needle. repaired like 20 mobos for Intel CPU and they all work. Real problem is there if a pin broke of. Then its time for a full socket replace :D Good luck anyways, if I was you i would try to repair it :)
  2. night.fox

night.fox

Thanks Received:
    straightening such bent pin requires patience...if you rush it and broke even 1, not good. MOBO will be useless. although maybe it will work but it wont perform 100% full.

I had one experience one time... about 3 years ago (not my own computer though) but at works computer... lol.... just playing around and somehow when I remove cpu, I accidentally drop into the board... yaks atleast 10 pins bended in all directions... lol... luckily, not a single pin broke, and manage to straighten it all kind of small tools i can find...

so be careful when pulling out CPU....
    Kusimeka says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Supersoft New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was looking through here to see if anyone already mentioned it first. Came across the same advise years ago (mechanical pencil). Glad you figured it out though before I saw this. Enjoy your rig. At least now, you can enjoy it with a greater sense of accomplishment. Nice work :)
    Kusimeka says thanks.
  4. MightyMission

MightyMission

Thanks Received:
    it's quite easy if you steady your pin bending hand on a book or something to get the right height, I've re-aligned several intel socket pins, and as others have said here...patience, a steady hand and more of a flick motion than a lot of pressure.
    I've used mechanical pencils on amd cpu pins but can't say wether the pitch is too fine for intel socket pins.
    A straightened out safety pin is enough.
    Kusimeka says thanks.