• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BF2142 problems? Post them here!

FroGG

do i need a 64 bit proccessor to play this?

can i get a 32-bit patch for it?

Casheti

Well it kinda sounds like it's trying to run from the D:\ Drive, which is obviously impossible because all of the game files were installed on the C:\ Drive. Simple reinstall should fix it.

FroGG

all my disks run through that drive, i am not sure of the reason my uncle built the computer.
plus i havent installed it yet. it hasent done anything.
i read on the internet that bf2142 is a win64 and i only have win32, i also read that there might be a patch to downgrade it to 32-bit.

is any of this correct? i am pretty sure about the first part but the rest might just be roumor.

thanks for your help so far hope to hera from you soon. :)

Casheti

My windows is 32 bit and mine works fine...are you sure it's not the other way around and you're using 64 bit without knowing it?

FroGG

now that i have checked, i do have a 64-bit proccessor. :eek:
but i am not that good at this stuff,so if you could help me figure out what to do it would be greatly apreciated. :respect:

FroGG

oh cool i have a star now!
I only found this site the other day, it is really useful i will use it more often

Casheti

Hmmmmm, I'm not quite sure what to do now. Try asking around, maybe PM some people. :) I wouldn't have thought a 64 bit CPU would make any difference to the operating system.

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Processor AMD R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
Motherboard MSI X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Modded 240mm Coolermaster Liquidmaster
Memory 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz & custom timings
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Storage 250GB Asgard SSD, 1TB Integral SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" BenQ Mobiuz
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E
Power Supply 1000w Supernova
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores Fast. I don't need epeen.
hers a problem - bf2142 was actually released, unleashing its bugged game code hell on the world :p

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
yea, prowler is all healthy :cool: next up will be a new VC, when i can actually decide what i want.

Ketxxx

Heedless Psychic
System Name Ravens Talon
Case NZXT Phantom 530
Software Windows 10 x64
aww.. another that missed prowler :p

SlickVic

even before i install 1.1, i started to realize that game seemed to be lagging randomly. i would play and it would run smooth but every couple seconds the game would lag even if iam in a 1 player room and very low ping. it never did this before and i havent changed my video settings or anything. i always disable norton like i always do and i thought be updating oto 1.1 would fix it. but it didnt. i dont kno wat it could be, and it sould'nt be the video settings cuz before it worked fined and the settigs are untouched. i tryed palying in single player and it workds fine. i thought it might be my connection but i have no idea what exactly. can anyone help me plz?

smitty

Heres another problem:

I got the game yesterday and played it for a good 4 to 5 hours. Then my computer crashed and restarted. When I went to play BF2142 again, this is the message that I got.

Pretty generic, but I can't find any way to fix it. I've tried everything on the EA site for cd reading errors. I've reinstalled the game 5 times with no success. Any clues? I'm willing to try just about anything at this point. Thanks.

:banghead:
man im getting the same problem ive been playing for a month or so and last night i was playing and the game wouldnt let me use my mouse to pick a spawn so i gave up and tried to restore my comp to the previous day and now i get the error please ensure that the disk is in the tray. im sick of ea and the junk they put out have never had a problem like this before with any other game .

Casheti

The thing is...EA don't care. You've bought the game, they have your money, and you belong to them. They own you now.

SlickVic

even before i install 1.1, i started to realize that game seemed to be lagging randomly. i would play and it would run smooth but every couple seconds the game would lag even if iam in a 1 player room and very low ping. it never did this before and i havent changed my video settings or anything. i always disable norton like i always do and i thought be updating oto 1.1 would fix it. but it didnt. i dont kno wat it could be, and it sould'nt be the video settings cuz before it worked fined and the settigs are untouched. i tryed palying in single player and it workds fine. i thought it might be my connection but i have no idea what exactly. can anyone help me plz?

smitty

Well i suppose ea really dont care i sent them a support question a few days ago and they say they respond in 24 hrs ,thats proven to be a lie. but if anybody has any info on 2142 not responding on game launch or disc not in tray when it is please let me know , im having friggin withdraws

82ndAirBorne

I cant figure out exactly how to set up bios in my gigabyte mother board I have ati x850pro agpx8 and the 2142 game just dont run good, choppy with great display or smooth with getting killed because I cant see them on time whats going on? I try tweaking with it and computer just locks up and I have no clue on the intelligent tweaker? Yes im A Noob....