1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BF4 extreme rubber banding, suddenly unplayable

Discussion in 'Games' started by leeb2013, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leeb2013

leeb2013

Thanks Received:
    I've had a few of the usual issues with BF4, but it's suddenly become unplayable.

The night before last, I was playing a few rounds, no issues, then suddenly when I spawned on a new round, I found I could not move from the spawn point. At the most I could run 100m, but then would be sprung back to the start. In vehicles, they would come crashing back to the start in a cloud of dust. When changing weapon, it would keep changing back to the original or when moving a tank turret, it keeps moving back.
    I switched off for the night and came back to it the next day. I had the same issue on all maps and all servers I tried. Strangely, I tried out BF3 and had the same issue.
    There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my internet connection, 9Mb/s download and 30-40ms ping. Nothing changed between rounds when the issue first appeared. No issue with single player game.
    I've tried moving BF4 from SSD to HDD and back, no change.
    I've searched the internet and can't really find any clues.

Please, does anyone have any suggestions? At the moment I can't play BF4 any more.

Thanks

2. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Suggestion: Wait for EA to hopefully fix their game.

That's about it bud. :ohwell:

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  4. Dent1

Thanks Received:

Rubber banding is usually always a connection issue. Either on your side or server side.

Scan for spyware/adware or background apps trying to hi-jack your internet connection.

Also make sure you connect to servers in your country or as nearest to you as possible.

5. leeb2013

leeb2013

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your attempt at helping and your assumptions at what you think I have and haven't done in order to formulate a rude and arrogant response, but strangely that's not what I needed. I wasn't after a 141 page general discussion about BF4. Maybe I should be more specific....

I've searched the internet and can't really find any clues and relate specifically to my issue or would appear to be a possible solution relating to my issue.

I hope that clarifies things for you and if you're not going to help, don't bother replying. Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  6. leeb2013

leeb2013

Thanks Received:
    Thanks. I ran those checks and found nothing. I have network monitoring on my desktop and nothing else is using bandwidth. I use local servers with low pings (30-40ms) and it occurred after playing the same server with no issues for 3 hours, without even quitting the game or ALT-tabing out of it. Now effects all servers I've tried in BF3 and BF4.

Most posts related to this issue indicate a mild form of rubber banding or jumping, not this severe and suggestions seem to be around disabling HT (which I don't have) or windows power settings (which didn't change).

7. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    there's REALLY nothing you can do. Assuming you have a BASIC knowledge of PC gaming , and what it relies on , both locally and over the internet. Like someone already said, short of network hungry app's hoarding your bandwidth, Your S.O.L.

But , If your dying to try anything, Maybe a re-install of the game, newer, or older driver for your GPU, etc.

8. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    That's just the way Shib is, you can safely ignore it. That's definitely a connection issue, check the official BF4 thread to see if other players are experiencing the same problem. I haven't played BF4 in a while, mostly because my PC is starting to have problems and I need to upgrade.

9. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    Check your software firewall to make sure BF4 has full control and unrestricted control. Maybe even disable it temporarily to see if the mater resolves itself.

If you have any ports blocked on your hardware firewall (router) or filtered maybe unblock it, or turn your router off completely temporarily whilst gaming to see if it solves the issue.

10. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    Why are people still buying BF games?

Dent1 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  11. FX-GMC

FX-GMC

Thanks Received:
    1) They enjoy playing battlefield. (This is why I bought it.)
    2) They love to buy something and complain. (This is a lot of people on the Official Battlelog Forums.)
    3) I ran out of ideas already. It's too early.

12. leeb2013

leeb2013

Thanks Received:
    thanks all, I didn't change anything, but after 2 days of issues, it was working as normal last night (as in just random crashes, which is normal!).

13. leeb2013

leeb2013

Thanks Received:
    personally, it's the first Battlefield I've tried and never in 30 years of gaming on PC and consoles have I ever seen a game with so many bugs and that includes games which loaded from tape on the Sinclair Spectrum. With any other product, you'd be able to get a full refund, but with BF4 it somehow seems acceptable because BF3 also had issues, so it's fine to continue that trend. Everyone should at least get a refund of 50% for all the issues it has. I'm pretty sure it didn't say anywhere when I bought it that it might experience random crashes or be unplayable.

14. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    No need to cover your tracks... we all know it was the ssd pron that caused the issues. :D

15. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Why are people still buying Call of Duty games?

Aquinus and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  16. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    Because their system can't handle Battlefield lol

AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  17. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds good. Issue solved, thread closed.