1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games' started by ste2425, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
  2. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    Loving the game till now. I am on the way to get shock jockey.

Don't really get the hate. One even went a step ahead and said that "This game isn't BioShock!". lol

I have like above 3500$+ and haven't spent any. Where to spend them?. I see no reason to spend them. Gun upgrades look good but dont really know what kind of gun I will be getting in the future, just like the way I dumped the pistol for the shoty.

Crow vigor is good but that horse one is total fail. I thought it would be some bad-ass vigor but the only thing it does is lift enemies in air. LAME!.

Machine gun is my favorite. Total killing machine!. Don't really like the fact that head shots doesn't kill the enemy. Only sniper head shots kills the enemy.

BTW, who said that mossberg is the best weapon?. I checked the whole IGN weapon list and I dont see any mossberg there. Wiki'd Mossberg and it is a shotgun. Which shotgun in this game is mossberg?.
  3. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Well, it isn't anything like the first two, but Bioshock fans should have seen that coming given the new environment and the gameplay trailers that were released. You have this weird mix of some that don't like the new style at all, and some that wish it would have been even more like the trailers.

How much you spend and how much you NEED to spend depends entirely on the difficulty level you play on and tactics you use. There are vigor upgrades that are pretty expensive that will come in very handy later in the game, like Possession and Charge upgrades.

The game doesn't start getting into hard battles until about 3/4 way through, and it's good to have at least $3000 by then to spend on upgrades, actually more than that if you want to upgrade both vigors and weapons.

Buncking Bronco has it's uses, just like any vigor. It's great for levitating Zealots to keep them in human form while you take pot shots at them. Later on there will be other places it's quite useful. Another good thing about it is it consumes very little salts.

The Machine Gun is OK early on against weaker enemies, esp where others are using the same weapon so you can resupply ammo easily. Later on you may want to use clip upgrade gears and damage and ammo capacity upgrades. The Carbine is a good all around weapon in between the sniper rifle and machine gun in damage and ammo capacity, and it headshot kills much easier than the MG.

The game does have a Shotgun, and there is such a thing as Mossberg shotgun in real life, but I've never seen the one in this game called that. It's referred to as the "China Broom". http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Shotgun_(Columbia).
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Haters are always the loudest. Really though, this has been one of the most reported on, shown off games in some time. The love for this game is overwhelmingly more prevalent than any kind of dislike towards it.
  5. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    True.

BTW, I see why many of you guys here were complaining about the difficulty mode. Normal/medium is not much of a challenge. I am killing everyone easily.

Now, one flaw. You dont get choice as to which vigor you want to keep and which to replace. Well not until you learn from your mistakes.

I got the shock jockey but a I had them murdering crows equipped, they were gone and the lame horse jokey vigor was still there, laughing at me. Now I guess I need to wait till those crow men attack me so I can get it back.
  6. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    Once you have a vigor, you never lose it. They are mapped to hotkeys 1-8 or something. You can cycle through them, and even combo them. Up in the air with the bull, shock them, finish off with gun.
    DayKnight says thanks.
  7. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    Really?.

When you press Q, there are only 2 available. Like 2 guns and only 2 vigors.

Edit: Excellent!. You are right. I Never knew it was like this.
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  8. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    Q is quick switch for vigors, and there's no deciding which ones to keep. Eventually you accumulate all of them as there are 8 slots on the vigor wheel. It's only the upgrades you have to choose on, and those you can't sell back or switch.

As I said before the difficulty ramps up the last 1/4 of the game, mostly noticeable on 1999 Mode.
  9. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    I just stepped out of the elevator to be greeted by some guy sent by Fink. There is hand canon etc on the table.

How much, in percentage, have I completed?.
  10. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    That's roughly 40% of the way through.
    DayKnight says thanks.
  11. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    Weirdest thing ever!.

[​IMG]

Those are the kind of boards in our police stations. I cant be wrong as I have visited them many times as some of them were my friends.
  12. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    So did you find that somewhere at the Bull House Impound?
  13. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    Yes.
    When you go down the stairs and see that Chen is dead.
  14. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Love the game myself. Looks really cool.
  15. ste2425

ste2425

Thanks Received:
    Me too thought it was fantastic

Talking about ending here so don't read it you haven't played/finished it
    Wish the ending left it a bit more open for a sequel, but if there is multiple Elizabeth's, my understanding is from the different dimensions she can tear too then there must be multiple Bookers right? So maybe one of them breaks the cycle of Comstock-Booker in a way that doesn't end the way it did
    trickson says thanks.
  16. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    Where/when does that scene comes, the one in the trailer, where we are falling and she helped us?

Suggestions required below.

So... just rescued Eli and now off to board comstock's flagship. Now, all infusion from start were for shield. Then I maxed salts. Just got an other infusion where comy was standing and ordering the doctors. Used it on health. Just giving you guys the background of my play through till yet.

Dumped the machine gun in the last stage because enemies are seriously tough. Currently have shotgun and my trusty hand cannon. Both are good!.

I have 17,9xx$/coins/silver eagles at the moment. Haven't spent a penny!.

Now I do sense the game has turned a bit tough!. BTW, most used and still being used, the best vigor for me, murdering crows!. YES!. Second I use most is shock jockey.

Now, just came out of the lift after rescuing Eli. A vending machine is there for gun upgrades.

Should I upgrade both my guns to maximum or should I dump one of them for machine gun and upgrade it?.

Second, should I upgrade both the vigors I use the most or should I do some others?. All others are lame and I dont use them at all.
  17. DayKnight

Thanks Received:
    Ended it. 8/10.

Lame ending.