1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

black screen while loading windows vista x86 ultimate

Discussion in 'General Software' started by exodusprime1337, Jul 30, 2009.

1. exodusprime1337

exodusprime1337

Thanks Received:
    so i've always had this issue with my pc whenever i boot vista to the desktop, cold boot, reset, warm boot, whatever i try it always does this. It hangs for about 25-40 secs with no hddd activity before actually going into windows... like it's just a black screen with my mouse(which i can move, but there is no clicking to be done of any type), then the vista logo flashes and the logon noise plays and then the desktop starts... i have no idea why it does this, and iv'e tried everything i can think of... anybody have any ideas??
  2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I've noticed this since SP1 on Vista x64...though I usually have at least a little hdd activity. But yeah I've seen the same thing and have grown to ignore it at this point as there seems to be nothing truly wrong...I was hoping SP2 would fix it, but alas, not quite so. Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me too. Either way I'm not too worried, it's not even an annoyance for me anymore...sad it's become and accepted trait tbh though.

:toast: