1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't wait for the new expansion of Diablo 3, Reaper of Souls!

Discussion in 'Games' started by AmieeLouire, Nov 6, 2013.

1. AmieeLouire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, have you watched the new expansion Reaper of Souls? That's amazing!

Actually I'm kind of tired of Diablo 3 cause I've been played those four chapters again and again! Can't not wait to try the new one! Will there be some new classes? Well barbarian is my favorite! How about you guys?

(something goes wrong that I can't insert a url so just attach an image~)
    [​IMG]

2. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    For me D3 disapointment but still i finished all acts and 3difficulties with one character.auction house ruined game in all ways.even they are closing down auction house it wount help them make better game than diablo 2 was

AmieeLouire says thanks.
  3. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    In fairness few games are better than D2. Path of Exile is a good as Titan Quest, which is still a way off from D2. But as good as D2? No way, but I'm thiking it's the best we're going to get (until just before the rapture).

digibucc, hellrazor and AmieeLouire say thanks.
  4. AmieeLouire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well thank you for sharing, J. I didn't visit the auction house very often...It seems too complicate and as a newbie I prefer to wear what I got (maybe that's why I was killed thousand times in the Spider Hole to Maghda of Inferno:) lack of gold is another reason~

5. Outback Bronze

Outback Bronze

Thanks Received:
    I have too agree with you guys that nothing beats D2. Yeah I've got an unbuffed 280k barb that goes through mp10 but it just aint the same. I love/loved D2.

As for the expansion, well lets wait and see what its going to be.

6. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Barbs in D2 were just as OP as Barbs in D3, if not moreso. I remember my level 87 Barb farming Baal and Lister the Tormentor(Best XP in game) a few thousand times using whirlwind and full Immortal Kings set. I was lucky enough to get a Gheed's Fortune drop after a year of farming.
    Nothing beats D2, they simply should port D2 in its entirety into the D3 engine. Then I'd be a happy man.

The one thing worth noting about storyline which not many people have noticed is this: Tyrael's sword went through Malthael's body without hurting him. Tyrael's sword is there to hurt the unjust, which means that somehow Malthael's actions were justified. Also that place the black soulstone was locked inside was chosen because it was warded against both angels and demons, meaning Malthael is no longer an angel, like Tyrael. (see Lore regarding Westmarch, and the Nephalim city below)

Also Zoltan Kul, poor guy was right all along.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  7. Outback Bronze

Outback Bronze

Thanks Received:
    Cool, I think I've got a level 60 sumthin Hard-core still lurking somewhere waiting to kill Diablo. Just wanted to beef him up before I fought Hephisto (was he the one with the hammer we need to kill??) coz hes a pain in the ass and I don't want to get chopped being HK and all. :)

8. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    Ah the Smith who drops the hammer and gems explode out of the stone, I remember him well. Or rather the dozens of minions that surrounded him.

9. punani

punani

Thanks Received:
    Currently enjoying Path of Exile, and boy it is alot like diablo. Feels more or less like a Diablo 2 mod, but that's a good thing. And the best part is that it's free2play without any pay2win crap..

Anyway haven't jumped on the D3 bandwagon yet .. noticed the price has dropped a tad lately for the main game, so maybe i will check it out soon.. anyone know if there will be a christmas bundle with orig + exp ?? if so maybe i'll wait until the holidays.

10. Kaynar

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I'm on the PoE bandwagon as well, been playing since the closed beta came out (damn thats 3 years now LOL). I won't even bother with the Diablo expansion, it surely is better than diablo 3, but still not good enough to qualify as a good RPG title. Its an RPG with copy pasted the WoW item system. QQ.

11. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    The game lacked most of the elements from D2 AH did kill the game but no more than the crappy loot you find, Ether way i leveled up ever character to inferno.

12. Frick

Thanks Received:
    I have actually never killed Baal in Hell. Could be because the only char I've bother to get to it is a summoning necromancer, and even with a full army it doesn't really work. :ohwell:

The auction house will close alltogether in march, and a new loot system will be developed. I might just get it then.

Live OR Die says thanks.
  13. Jaffakeik

Jaffakeik

Thanks Received:
    So this game will be impossible to beat because u cant beat death :d.but this one addon might get my attention to start over with probably better game enviroment

14. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    I have a Necro that completed Baal On Hell. Clay golem. He was my hero, my champion, and he looked like Michelin Man. Also most summoner Necros ran poison nova.
    Diablo was the main problem for necros, because of the ridiculous AOE fire spell that 1 shotted low level minions. Also had to do that with clay golem and poison nova.

Frick says thanks.
  15. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Eh, makes me sad D2 gets all the love. I don't think anything beats D1 to be honest. D2 just didn't have the same dark feeling to it.

16. Frick

Thanks Received:
    But I like my army of skeletons and exploding corpses. :(

17. AmieeLouire New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've heard that the auction house will be closed next year, it that true?

18. hellrazor

hellrazor

Thanks Received:
    I hope so.

19. Frick

Thanks Received:
  20. Jimmy6

Jimmy6

Thanks Received:
    Diablo 3 is nice and i guess the expanision will be better, but you cant become and adict like in Diablo 2 :), Diablo 2 is the ultimate best game ever. Music, effect, sounds, weapons, quests and everything else its just unbelieavable game.

21. alucard13mmfmj

Thanks Received:
    i tend to hold grudges ;P... and i dont think i will go back to d3.. unless this expansion is free or cost 5-10 USD.

22. Freedom4556

Freedom4556

Thanks Received:
    Me too. This was probably my biggest issue with D3. It didn't feel dark at all, and it's probably because it inherited the 'look' of WoW that lets is run on crap computers. I also hated that even if your computer was a beast (like ours), the *cough*DRM*cough*, ahem, server side processing meant that network latency made it stutter anyway. It was impossible to achieve fluid performance, even in solo games. It also lost all attributes/statistics, making multiple builds of the same class kinda pointless. It's all just skill trees, and in the name of balance, they're all kinda samey between the classes. I walked away from D3 with a solid, "Meh."

Also, how do you top D3's ending? They're going to have to DBZ their way out of this one.

23. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Diablo 3 vs. World of Warcraft

Oh yea it's like staring into a mirror...if you have cataracts maybe. The game was nearly entirely CPU dependant so most people could play it. You know, the reason why Diablo 1/2 were darker so computers could actually render the game.

24. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to throw myself on my sword here. But I never got into D2, just never felt like D1 to me. I can remember my first time seeing the Butcher, or Leoric, or even Sludge (I feared this mini-boss), also Lazarus or Diablo. All moments I was scared shitless. D2 never did that for me, some of the zones having Day and being in the more open world just didn't feel right. I loved going down into the cathedral. I actually enjoy D3 more than I ever did D2. And it's not because it's a more technical game or anything (missing talent trees and such), just simply it was more fun to sit down and play. And it actually felt more like a dark setting to me. Not the graphics aren't ground breaking, but it was an artistic choice, it's not like it's all pixelated or anything, just a more cartoonish style.

25. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I enjoyed D3.. except I tried to log on yesterday and for some reason my account is banned... so yay?