1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Capcom Hits Valve, Unleashes Steam

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Jun 12, 2007.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Japanese developer and publisher Capcom has announced it will begin selling its titles through Valve's PC digital distribution platform Steam. Today's announcement marks the latest of Capcom's efforts to support the PC, which include upcoming ports of the former Xbox 360 exclusive Lost Planet: Extreme Condition as well as Devil May Cry 4. Capcom's Steam offerings will begin later this week with the release of Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, which originally appeared on PlayStation 2 and was only recently released on the PC. A PC version of Onimusha 3, which also appeared on PlayStation 2, will arrive in the following weeks, with Lost Planet: Extreme Condition arriving on Steam the same day it hits retail, June 26. No mention was made of the recently released PC version of Resident Evil 4.
    said Capcom executive vice president Mark Beaumont.

Source: Shaknews
    Dippyskoodlez says thanks.
  2. LiNKiN

LiNKiN Staff

Thanks Received:
    I think it would be neat if they brought back some of the old-school stuff such as the Megaman series, Street fighter series, etc and so on.
  3. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I agree LiNKiN. I love the megaman series. I play the megaman battlenetwork games on emulators right now. also some old school snes fire emblem games :)

Nice work. I didnt know Capcom released DMC3 and ONIMUSHA3 for the PC. I have to get those.
  4. crow1001

Thanks Received:
    Bahh, capcoms console ports have always been lacklustre with no new content and crappy graphics, if your going to play capcom games, play them on a console.
  5. Dippyskoodlez New Member

Thanks Received:
    You get a thanks.

The title is full of win.
  6. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh. ha!! I just got that.
  7. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    w00t this is gonna pwn pwn PWN!!!