1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 2 leaked almost 50 days early

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wrigleyvillain, Feb 11, 2011.

1. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    What most of you moderaters forget, and I say it with LOVE for your great job, is the fun we have! Don't worry so much, and enjoy the tavern like discussion... If I am allowed to say that!
  2. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    I mean more than should. And i'm not using the term technically, just unpolished, unfinished
  3. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    Public outcry, investors... A lot of reasons why games may come out not as finished as the devs would like
  4. HalfAHertz

HalfAHertz

Thanks Received:
    Maybe this is not about the game being another console port or it being too expensive or too whatever.

Maybe company A should try to look at things from a different angle. If product B is being pirated by consumers C instead of being obtained by legal means, it may be due to the fact that C is tired and is desperately trying to send A the same old message - B is ballz bad and we, the C, are tired of your monkey business...

My only message to both EA and Crytec is this: Listen to the consumer, listen to your bread and butter.
  5. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    I can't alt tab damn it. (some random program)

Also is there a way to run DX11?
  6. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    this iv noticed from the intro to DX9 gamers have gotten extremly impatent and i think its unfair to critisize the companys for our short fallings because at the end of the day they only pushed it to please us. They did the best they could given our rediculous expecdency and yet we feel the need to attack them for what "we think" is an unfinished product because of our rediculous expected time frames.

With every new directX version our demands get more and more rediculous because we dont have the patience to wait for the new level of pretty.
    Loosenut says thanks.
  7. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    ^^^ What I meant to say, I'm just not as eloquent as you are Solaris :toast:
    Solaris17 says thanks.
  8. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Yes DONT!

Personally I would have to say he at least has a small point, in that the quality of released games has been in a steady decline over the years, example take MW2 versus Black Ops, MW2 worked fine as far as stability wise from day 1, where as Black Ops was given the name Crash Ops for a reason. All the same I don't think anyone can make the argument of "alpha" releases.

I disagree, I want the game now yes, but I don't want a broken piece of crap (which seems to be the majority of games we get), I would rather wait and have a much better play experience. It's all about money and the publishers that games are launched unfinished, I can't count how many times in the last 3 years I have bought a game played it and then said well it was an okay game but it needed another 3-6 months of development! So devs really can't cry when they are held responsible for the lack of quality in their products!
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  9. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I dunno why people want to play an unfinished game anyway. Pirate/legit or not.
    [H]@RD5TUFF says thanks.
  10. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Because many people (mainstream people) don know what to play! There very few games worth playing! Some even "play" doing benchmarks or be it what it be crunching...
    Some use PC to watch TV or youtube because there is no game at all that "raptures" you during months...
  11. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Uhm, i believe this release has weird gunshot sounds, vsync is not right, and no voice.

Also from what i heard in the highest settings this game runs at 40-60 FPS with a 580 and get to 99% usage and seems to be stressfull
  12. ShogoXT

ShogoXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wouldnt touch anything like this if it hurts the PC gaming community. I have alot of respect for the franchise that still are PC exlusive (used to be STALKER, but I dont think they will move far away).

I dont really see what the big deal is though. I never thought the Crysis games were any good except for use as a benchmark. I always figured they were trying to sell out their engine to people like Unreal engine does.
  13. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    I'm so glad that your so intelligent you can pass judgment on all those whom enjoy games other than those that you deem "worth playing", is it lonely up there on your pedestal? You seem to be hell bent on legitimizing the theft of games, you are destroying the community for others. :nutkick:

Please lock this thread again, nothing but trolls in here.
  14. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    the alien AI seems quite intelligent.
  15. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    The soldier AI is DUMB. but i wouldnt know that for a fact.
    The graphics settings are an insult to PC, 3-4 settings uncustomizable, uncool
  16. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    just like in real life :D
  17. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Are you people getting sound issues? gunshot sound is weird.
  18. Loosenut

Loosenut

Thanks Received:
    I'm glad you think you're funny :nutkick:
  19. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Yes some guns.

yeah ai is dumb and we know they still have some work considering we should have DX11 but can't use it.
  20. AltecV1

AltecV1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    some levels there is a problem on some there isnt
  21. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    This game is like COD 2050

It seems like Cryengine 3 was designed to maximize the game... for consoles. :shadedshu

Its fun though, don't get me wrong :)
  22. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    LOL, I just played some MP Darkest Hour and had so much satisfaction, you just cant believe. Is it remotely possible that we are just fascinated by latest-greatest bullshit?
  23. wolf

wolf Performance Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I went to a mates place today and watched him gun through about 15 minutes. he has a Q6600 @ 3ghz and a GTX460 1gb overclocked.

this was no issue whatsoever for gaming at his screen res of 1920x1200 on Hardcore settings. I didnt see the FPS all that much but he did remark it was never below 30, usually 36-50 odd - which appeared buttery smooth.

personally I think the game looks quite good and has a lot of promise for the DX11 final release, given what we see now is DX9. not to mention bug fixes, and driver updates to further boost FPS.

this has made me very excited to wait and buy the game on launch day, the taste we have all been given, wether your downloaded it, saw it on a friends pc, or some gameplay on youtube, has promise IMO. but this is purely from a graphical/combat perspective, cant speak for the storyline.
  24. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Great. NOw what would really be fabulous is someone testing the EDITOR while we test... :O)

WHy: well, Farcry MP and custom maps were great in my opinion, Crysis MP is horrible,...
  25. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    I haven't played the game, but I've been looking at some people's comments on it, and what the hell is a "Remote Compiler"?
    Apparently, there's a setting in a .cfg file that enables the remote compiler, then shows an i.p. address. I'm interested as to what that is? Like the OnLive thing? Graphics processed elsewhere then sent to you through the webs?