1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crysis 3 single player interactive demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Crap Daddy, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    PC piracy has been blamed for a lot of things, but numerous titles that entail a quality product have shown that pc games can provide attractive earnings. A pirated game does not equate to a lost sale, please do not attempt to excuse a crap, generic console port by resorting to that tired old argument.

Kwod says thanks.
  2. TheOne

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, and I personally think they are concerned about having to lower the retail prices of their games, especially now that the industry is raising PC game prices to a standard of $60.

3. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    You are chatting rubbish.

If torrents and pirating was an issue then how comes Diablo III just sold almost 4 million copies in 24 hours?

Surely if pirating was such a big issue PC gaming sales wouldn't be up 230% this year?

http://www.ingame.msnbc.msn.com/tec...sales-set-record-despite-launch-issues-790219
    http://www.guru3d.com/news/pc-game-sales-up-230/
    http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/07...t=24151-Could PC gam&utm_campaign=(GaggleAMP)

Lets face it, this new Crysis 3 looks fantastic, but just like Crysis 2 it's a big downgrade from Crysis 1 as far as visuals.

qubit and Kwod say thanks.
  4. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    LOLz, thought the same thing.

That said, the environment looked like fun.

5. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Best answer to that kind of scummy DRM is to just not buy the product en masse. Those suits will soon get the message.

Desert Eagle says thanks.
  6. Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle New Member

Thanks Received:

I know, and I've been on the losing side of this argument for years but I'm just saying that things are changing (I think for the worse). The publishers have moved on beyond the debate of piracy ~ lost sales and they are clamping down. They aren't open to discussion on this anymore. It's a done deal and mostly it's the honest paying customers that will get kicked in the groin.

7. Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for acknowledging my existence qubit. It's the little things that make life grand. You have +1 character in my book. If the other members want to murder me to death because I'm irritating then at least I can count on you to stand up for me, I hope.

qubit says thanks.
  8. qubit

Thanks Received:
    You're such a muppet! :laugh: :toast: I don't like holding grudges, if at all possible.

So, do you agree with my point about boycotting companies who pull crap like this? I made Steam refund me my money when I bought Crysis 2 the first time it was released on that platform, because it had undisclosed third party DRM (5 machine activation limit).

9. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    There *must* be a story behind that, and hopefully a thread.

10. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Oh yes, there is... ;)

11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:

So what ya saying is Crytek ( and everyone else ) should make there games online only though only there servers to make sure they get sales ?.

As that is part of why it sold as it's a case of no play if no buy. And as for the 230% increase there's so many reasons.

As for me this year there has been 4 games that i did buy at full price due to there title. Next year i think there is not even 2 so far.

12. Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle New Member

Thanks Received:

For every person that stands up to them there are ten thousand chumps that just roll over on their belly and take it. Makes little to no difference to the publisher. There's no fight left in most of us anymore and even if there was the Publishers won the end-game already with the always online DRM. It's coming. :eek:

13. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, there are indeed too many chumps just rolling over. :nutkick: Still, if every game came out with this DRM, I'd boycott the lot of them and if that meant not playing new games any more, then so be it.

I don't think we should give up the fight though.

14. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    I haven't lost hope. This is somewhat akin to the Rocky series: first film was excellent, I'll even include the second, because I'm feeling generous this morning, but the rest...

I believe that most people turned off after the third or fourth instalment. The same thing will happen here, the Crysis name, the advertising... I don't know at what point people will begin to feel duped by a franchise, perhaps EA considers that it will make enough profit even taking creeping apathy towards a formula into account, but the name alone will not be enough to sustain the product over time.

Take Spain at the minute - 50% unemployment amongst those aged 20-25. I do not believe that video games costing €60 euros a pop are high on their list of priorities, and Spain is but one example. I believe, perhaps naively, that the consumer with less money to spend will become more discerning, not as inclined to readily accept unimaginative regurgitation, even if it bears the Crysis logo.

15. s{orpion New Member

Thanks Received:
    Crysis 1... brilliant work of technology and design :toast:

Crysis 2... epic failure on every level... biggest pile of steaming shit EVER!:mad:

Crysis 3... last chance at redemption. Fk this up the entire series is lost. :shadedshu

so far looking good... better graphics, improved AI, more tactical options, larger environments...

Stealth mode needs help:
    moving through water within enemy filed of view should alert them (ripples/splash)... are they blind?
    running near them through water and shrubs should alert them (loud)... are they deaf?

keep in mind nano suit does not change the physical world... only obscures your presence.
    if i knock over a bottles and boxes near an enemy they should hear it and see it.
    if i run though water near enemy they should see splash and hear splash.
    cloak at a distance=highly effective
    cloak in front of their face=busted!!!
    "Steal mode" should be a covert challenge... not 'god mode'.

p.s.... really hope there are difficulty settings :cool:

16. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Well I own them all up until now, even have the Special Edition Crysis in the steel case. I haven't even finished Crysis 2 once yet and prolly never will. Tho I have played thru 1 and Warhead more than a few times.
    I can't see me getting 3, it will be Origin only of course(not a hater just rather use Steam) so it will never go on sale so even less incentive to buy it.

17. Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle New Member

Thanks Received:

blah...Rocky sucked Ass from the get-go. A white heavy weight contender? LMAO What kind of illegal vegetation are you smoking sir?
    Anyway...Crysis is fun and you spoil-sports with your bitching won't change that.

18. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wladimir_Klitschko

19. gopal

gopal

Thanks Received:
    Patna, Bihar, India, Asia, Earth, Terron System, M
    Looks like you guys don't like Crysis 3

20. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well the first game was something pretty special, later releases have been meh at best.

gopal says thanks.
  21. Dent1

Thanks Received:
    Believe me, there are plenty of torrents where Diablo III has been modified to be played pirated and offline, yet it sold almost 4 million. PC gaming is alive.

Whatever those reasons are its still an indication of PC gaming is alive and increasing in popularity.

22. johnnyfiive

johnnyfiive

Thanks Received:
    First Crysis was/is still definitely the best.

23. gopal

gopal

Thanks Received:
    Patna, Bihar, India, Asia, Earth, Terron System, M
    BF3 is the best

24. Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle New Member

Thanks Received: