1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Defective core.(i think)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CDdude55, Jun 13, 2011.

1. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    So i ran Prime 95 for a bit and i noticed that one core wasn't at 100% load, it would change to various numbers, sometime it would be 0%, 16%, 86% and then back down to 0%.

Prime 95 said that thread has an error and that it detected a hardware failure on that thread. All other cores were running at 100% without issues.

So what could it be?

2. user21

user21 New Member

Thanks Received:
    hardware specs??

3. 2DividedbyZero New Member

Thanks Received:
    its usually a voltage problem, vcore, set system (BIOS) back to defaults and if it does it again, up vcore a tad.

95Viper says thanks.
  4. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Yes user21, you need to go to USER CP in the menu and put your specs in, as for the OP Specs, I would assume they are in the little line under his avatar that says [​IMG]System Specs[​IMG]
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back on topic...

Yep, could be the cpu, then again could be other stuff. That helped didn't it.:laugh:
    What where the temps on the cpu and threads while you were running prime95?

You might wanna try re-seating the CPU and while you got it out check the pins and stuff for foreign stuff, like, corrosion, tarnish, dis-coloring, burnt pins, caps on the MB, and all the usual could be enemys of conductivity.:)

And, if, all looks kosher, then this:
    :toast:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011