1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by CrackerJack, Feb 7, 2011.

1. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I think it would be great to have a single, powerful unique attribute on legendaries, along with stats similar to good rares.

Attributes like enemy takes damage instead of knocking character back, attacking enemies are slowed for 1-2 seconds, or run speed increased by 50% when there are no enemies within 100 yards.

This would make them not overpowered, but very sought after to have very specific unique attributes.
  2. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Well played good sir, well played.
  3. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    My second legendary. I was L41 when I found my first one.
    [​IMG]
  4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    its lame that legendaries suck so much.

for items so hard to find, their stats are worthless.
    digibucc says thanks.
  5. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Plus take note that the Legendary in that SS also has crap for Durability, low dps, no socket, and a rather mediocre attack speed (even with the 10% it gives). They definitely need to buff Legendaries, because nobody I know has found one that didn't really suck for them.
  6. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Finished act I of Hell.
    Butcher was actually pretty easy, didn't even have to change my skills from mob killing mode and beat him easily. Hardest guys so far are the chain skeletons.
    Stacking vital along w/ the two armor buffing passive skills has been working really well, altho one I hit 60 I want to do all the fury buffing skills along w/ the fury prolongs berserker rune and see if I can pretty much stay in berserker mode ad infinatum.
  7. random

random

Thanks Received:
    My char right now in nightmare, DPS focused rockin' a falchion and source for fast cast speed. I feel bad for people receiving legendary drops as the stats are so horrible at the moment and they are barely unique items, hope Blizz sorts it out asap.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  8. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I would NOT get rid of any legendaries or gems. While they might seem useless, I am very confident that Blizzard will change them.

Gems will inevitably become cheaper to make, so make sure to keep them.

Legendaries, if upgraded by blizzard, might reflect the one that is in your inventory with any amount of luck. I am on hell, and I haven't had a single legendary drop for me yet. If I were to get one to drop, I would just keep it as a collectors item at the very least.
  9. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Playing in a 3 man party, Hell is Kicking my ASS. We can barely take on a yellow or blue without chain-dying. Bosses are usually pretty easy though. Group consists of Wiz, WD and Monk. Regular mobs have 80-150k hp, yellows 600k. It's ridiculous. I guess we all need to gear check? Or play in a smaller group
  10. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The game scales strangely. I thought the level of the characters would be a factor, but it just seems to be how many characters.
    Magi joined my 27th monk with his 60th barb and on normal things didn't seem to get much harder.
    Although I missed out on a lot of loot because his barb killed things so fast I could not keep up with the loot drops. lol

BTW : Thanks for the help Magi. :toast:

I'm currently trying to kill Diablo.
  11. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Wow random, level 37 and with 2180dps? I'm a level 38 barb with 759dps. :laugh:

679 strength, 413 vitality. Thus I have 6k of HP.
    [​IMG]
  12. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I love some of the names people come up with. lol
    My monk is "Lunawai" and my barb is "BloodGusher". Fits my gaming abilities. :roll:
  13. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    I thought of Huayra because of the car from Pagani, which used the name of a South American wind god. Quite appropriate for the monk. Atomizer is my Death Knight's name in WoW (although there's a "13", like my BattleTag), while Wantutri...well it's just that. :laugh:
  14. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    @entropy : When I first read "Huayra" it looked like "Who are ya?" lol
    My alt monk is "Flash" and my wizz is "Smoker".

It's too bad that in MP it shows the player's name and not the character's. Would make for funnier screens.
  15. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    if legendaries get changed, it'll only be for new ones that drop. they wont change the stats on existing ite,s.
  16. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Given that item stats are generated randomly, I would expect this to be the case also.
  17. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    My line of thinking was that it would change because the item IDs are universal.

The item stats are universal until picked up and numbers are generated for the weapon, creating a unique weapon instance.

That being said, you are right. Still, it would be great if they changed the ones already picked up also. I dont think it would break anyones heart to see their weapons get buffed.
  18. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    How much harder will inferno be if I don't use the AH?
  19. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i doubled my DPS for 20k gold. its not so much harder, as its less grinding.
  20. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    I think a good part of the fun of the game is finding my own stuff. I don't even pass items between characters, so the AH holds no interest to me.
    Just the way I like to play, I guess.
  21. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i bought items to keep up with my higher level friends, but since its in game gold and not real world money, i feel that its just part of the game. its designed so that if i grind my sorc up to 60, i'll have excess gold to speed up the grind of any new chars i make, possibly with some stashed items to share around too.
  22. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    I have 28k life, 5818 damage, something close to 2k dex. I am on hell Act I, level 52.

With these stats in mind, I am barely managing, and killing a gold or a set of blues becomes an epic battle. All of my items are bought from the AH except one.

Without my AH items, my stats would be 17k life, 2500 damage, and about 1k dex from the best items that I have found for my character, still in my inventory.

Pretty much everything would one-shot me without my AH items.
  23. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    regular AH and not RMAH is simply trading with other players. people shouldnt shun it.
  24. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    The problem is that by the time you hit inferno and if you're already fairly decked out (58K life, 350+ resists, 12K damage, barb) every upgrade at the auction house costs like 2-3 million.
  25. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Save your moneyz, use AH only when your level 60. You will need it. Normal to Hell difficulty is manageable. Some elite groups in inferno are insanely impossible. Im reaching 40k+ dps with my build's buffs, but still it takes a while for them to go down.

[​IMG]