1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kreij, Nov 10, 2011.

1. brandonwh64

brandonwh64 Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. random

random

Thanks Received:
    lol imo Expert/Master difficulty is a must for those that invest alot of time on enchantments and smithing, otherwise you can just run around one shotting everything/everyone and spam spells without barely losing any mana, you'd literally feel like you worked towards a cheat mode :roll:.

3. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    Difficulty settings that just increase the damage of enemies, decrease your life, or increase enemies life all rarely satisfy me when I turn them up.

random says thanks.
  4. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    To kill Volsung I had to drink 5 extreme magicka potions, and do all possible dual-wielded fireball attacks in between :confused: on Apprentice... :twitch:

Whereas now I can kill a sabre-cat with a couple of shots/one-handed attacks, on adept. :confused:

The sabre-cat was much worse than a dragon in my first hours of the game.

5. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Just be an Orc, will feel like the game is broken. I think at level 5 I 1 shot a Sabre cat (executed it). First time I came up to the cave it leaped out of the darkness and killed me before I could get off my horse... (lame) So next time I went up on foot, popped my Orc racial, it came out and I did a power attack and it died in 1 hit.

6. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    that isnt broken thats a david vs goliath moment. it makes the game more epic.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    theJesus says thanks.
  7. random

random

Thanks Received:
    I stick to found armours and weapons instead of making my own now, makes exploring and finding treasure much more worth while and ain't OP as hell :laugh:. Level 100 Sneak on Master is the same deal on adept etc. but sneaking isn't optional for dagger users since they barely do any damage face to face if you're only investing on the first perk on the one-handed tree although you still get one shot kills from behind but difference is on master is that dragons will give you the most challenging battle. I did find the perfect daedric artefact to help me with that issue though.

Mehrune's Razor gives a chance for insta-kill, so you can imagine how that greatly helped my situation :laugh:

I haven't gone against any dragon priests yet on the same character, Krosis was a given since he can be cheap shotted while rising from the crypt but the others I don't think I'll get the same opportunity to do that and probably won't be as lucky.

@BP Almost the same as Frost Trolls, when I first saw one it ate a dragon and then me right after. :laugh:

8. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderator™ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm a Nord, and a sneak thief. I felt really weird at the beginning, I could kill dragons but just one scatch from a sabre-tooth left me dead..

@ random

Is everything OK with your character now that you've maximized sneak? I heard that after sneak goes beyond 100 after some in-game hours your actual skill would kinda die and you start back at level 1 sneak. Scared me, considering sneak is one of my best points currently..

9. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    you do realize that's exactly how the scenario would have played out in real life.

say you were a hunter going after a tigerand it ran out of a cave at you. You'd only get 1 shot at it and if you missed you die, if you don't it dies.

10. random

random

Thanks Received:
    Now that you've mentioned it I have realized my sneak being less effective and same with the Shadow Warrior perk during a fight although it definitely depends on my enemies some can spot me much easier than others, I went into a thalmor camp and everyone in there could see me if I tried to sneak pass infront of them same with the Frostworn but dark areas/shadows can still help greatly and should keep you concealed, at least I think it should. The Shadow Warrior perk is the only thing allowing my character to progress :laugh: I don't stand a chance in face to face fights unless my dagger procs ;).

11. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Yeah except I don't even get into 1 epic battle each day, so every single epic battle I get into I have that cooldown to use, and the fight always ends in 2 maybe 3 blows to them at most.

For sure, the reason I mentioned the story is because it shows how truly powerful sabrecats are. As I hear others talking about how impossible they are to kill, but it also shows that at just level 5 in crap armor and a crap weapon, I could also 1 shot something that gives others so much trouble, simply because I was an Orc.

yogurt_21 says thanks.
  12. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Conjuring was fun for the first 50 levels, but the next best perk is at 80 where you can summon two at a time.

I opt'd for a couple 1 handed attack perks and even a couple archery. Thinking about replaying this as a 2 handed Nord with heavy armor and max health/stamina.

Assassin never seemed fun to me, sneaking around(literally everywhere) seems boring to me.

13. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i never put any points into health, so i die in one hit from most enemies. i'm a stealthy high damage weakling.

dragon fights suck ass for my character.

14. ViperXTR

ViperXTR

Thanks Received:
    same with random and Mussels
    i don't invest too much on health, but more on stamina, relentless bombardment of attacks without getting too much damage yourself imo can be fun. I like the way the shadow warrior perk doesn;t always guarantee sneak attack, some monsters seems to be more "aware" of your presence, tho i could still land one on some trolls hehe (trolls can still easily kill me).

Not everywhere, thats kinda grinding lol and that makes it boring, i still face some foes head on sometimes to build up armor one hand skills. I only sneak on some areas, and before i knew it, im abaout to max sneak lol (didn't actually invest on the stealth points, i only used 2 or 3 points i think)

15. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    I am balancing both Health and Stamina. Then enchanting weapons, armor, rings and amulets to boost them even further.

16. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    enchanting is what i'm working on now, but damn is it slow to enchant a dozen rings in a row. any tips?

17. Darkleoco

Darkleoco

Thanks Received:
    I would just do iron daggers because I happened to have alot on me when I started, they are quick and fairly cheap as well.

18. bostonbuddy New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah no real tricks to upping enchantments, just grind away, once you max it w/ the double enchants perk it almost breaks the game, w/ the alchemy/enchant trick can have free destruction magic(or whatever magic you use) and absurd fortify one or two handed.

Early game I spent alot of my leveling up on magic, halfway thru switched to health and stamina.
    Worked well since dest magic is useful early game but fairly useless later once your mace does over 400 damage.

19. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    Whens it going to be done solaris?

[​IMG]

j/k Thanks to

FordGT90 and
    Kreji

for helping me with ideas and debugging.

and
    crazyeyesreaper
    for beta testing.

[​IMG]

»»───knee───►

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
    Ahhzz, theJesus and crazyeyesreaper say thanks.
  20. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    do the quest for the Temple of Dibella, make items sell them pay for training, lvl up get more training lvl up more training rinse repeate till your done, should be able to gain around 40 lvls fairly cheaply, after that it gets mind numbingly brutal.

21. Irony

Irony

Thanks Received:
    I have tons of fun with the fire dagger. *evil fiery laughter*

I'm trying to get my pictures to show up. This is my new person
    [​IMG]
    Edit: Awesome!! It worked.

22. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    I don't ride my horse. I walk on it.

[yt]93W6mB0ZqCM#![/yt]
    Praise Akatosh!
    SOMEONE CALL A PRIEST HE's POSSESSED!

burtram and Ahhzz say thanks.
  23. theJesus

theJesus

Thanks Received:
    Look up the Ref ID on UESP and then use the console to get it back.
    I'm a squishy mage, so I die in a couple hits even with legendary dragonplate (except the chest piece, since I wear a robe).
    I think I put 5 points into health and the rest magicka
    iirc Magicka Regen gives the most value to rings so you can make some decent money selling off your enchanted rings. Also, I just append "crap" to the beginning of the name for all of them so I don't mix 'em up with unenchanted rings. So get into a rhythm just doing that over and over.

24. sixequalszero

sixequalszero New Member

Thanks Received:

I'm level 25 on adept with all on health, no magicka or stamina. As a stealth archer I bloody dominate, I one shot almost every NPC.

I was going to start another game at a later date on Master, does the difficulty change dramatically between Adept-Expert-Master?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  25. pantherx12

pantherx12 New Member

Thanks Received:
    no need.

The console has all the codes built in.

Just type help followed by the name of the item/creature you would like a code for and then 0 : ]

For example

Help archer 0 will list all the various archers in the game and give you the codes :D

Brilliant for setting up battles! :laugh: