• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Feature Requests

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-60 (Trinidad)
Motherboard ASUS F3Ka (ATI RS690M)
Cooling stock
Memory Nanya 2x1GB ddr2 667@5-5-5-15-2T
Video Card(s) ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 512MB DDR2@ 580mhz/486mhz
Storage 160GB on laptop+250GB external
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Case Asus Laptop F3Ka chassis
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply 1:30minutes battery
Software "genui xp", 'cause i hated vista
w1zzard, when you can add support for the foxconn c51xem2aa ;)

insect111

I recently noticed this fourm and see you found a way to overclock the IDT cv174 PLL on my DG965WH board (full name IDT CV174CPAG). I was in the middle of building a high end system with this board when I realized i couldnt overclock with it at all. Stupid me. After alot of research I think this beta of clockgen may be the only way. Can someone verify that this application can overclock the DG965WH board with a core 2 duo before i continue on building. I dont want to get this thing up and running and find it doesnt oc.

Also If anyone out there finds a way to oc via the bios please let us know.

Hello Intel Rep,

The software we've been talking about recently was able to overclock our boards with the IDT CV174C PLL. If you want to build a 'high end' system, you are better off with a motherboard other than an Intel DG965WH.

You may want to use the Intel 975XBX2 or one of those 'high-end' ASUS or Gigabyte motherboards if you want overclocking support straight from the BIOS. Mainstream Intel boards have no means of overclocking from the BIOS so you are left with software solutions. SysTool and ClockGen are excellent in this area.

insect111

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Cooling stock
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Audio Device(s) on-board
I recently noticed this fourm and see you found a way to overclock the IDT cv174 PLL on my DG965WH board (full name IDT CV174CPAG). I was in the middle of building a high end system with this board when I realized i couldnt overclock with it at all. Stupid me. After alot of research I think this beta of clockgen may be the only way. Can someone verify that this application can overclock the DG965WH board with a core 2 duo before i continue on building. I dont want to get this thing up and running and find it doesnt oc.

Also If anyone out there finds a way to oc via the bios please let us know.

why didn't you buyed a decent mobo that is overclockable on the bios :confused:

__Miguel_

Processor Core 2 Duo E6400
Motherboard Asus P5B Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Ninja
Memory 2x1GB 667MHz TwinMOS
Video Card(s) Gigabyte X1950Pro
Storage Hitachi HDT722525DLA380
Display(s) LG L1915S
Case CoolerMaster Centurion 5
Audio Device(s) on-board
Power Supply LC Power 550W GP
Software XP x64
I do have to agree with my mate "pt" (same country, hi there :p). Very few Intel mobos have OC capabilities to begin with, and even fewer have OC available through the BIOS, let again through software...

In adition, mobos with integrated graphics (I suppose the "G965" on its name referrs to the chipset) are not only lousy OCers to begin with (you do have the integrated graphics core pulling your OC top down...) but also don't usually bring many (if any at all) OC options. Many of them even have PLLs that are not overclockable...

Only Abit makes an AM2 mobo (NVIDIA 6150-based, integrated graphics) with full OC capabilities, and ASRock, Asus and Gigabyte (that I know of) make some of them (again, with integrated graphics, either Intel or AMD) with some OC functions...

In adition, most OC software only works with popular PLLs, those that appear on the top-selling mobos. For the others, most times the programming effort is just not worth it, or it becomes impossible to test it...

If you really want to OC your board, go to an OC-friendly board, just like "pt" said. P965, 975X, and NVIDIA 650/680 SLI or AMD RD600 are great chioces, and you can get them beginning at €135 (P965-based), sometimes even less (not great OCers below that mark, mind you, although there is even a €100 P965 board).

Cheers.

Miguel

insect111

I do have to agree with my mate "pt" (same country, hi there :p). Very few Intel mobos have OC capabilities to begin with, and even fewer have OC available through the BIOS, let again through software...

In adition, mobos with integrated graphics (I suppose the "G965" on its name referrs to the chipset) are not only lousy OCers to begin with (you do have the integrated graphics core pulling your OC top down...) but also don't usually bring many (if any at all) OC options. Many of them even have PLLs that are not overclockable...

Only Abit makes an AM2 mobo (NVIDIA 6150-based, integrated graphics) with full OC capabilities, and ASRock, Asus and Gigabyte (that I know of) make some of them (again, with integrated graphics, either Intel or AMD) with some OC functions...

In adition, most OC software only works with popular PLLs, those that appear on the top-selling mobos. For the others, most times the programming effort is just not worth it, or it becomes impossible to test it...

If you really want to OC your board, go to an OC-friendly board, just like "pt" said. P965, 975X, and NVIDIA 650/680 SLI or AMD RD600 are great chioces, and you can get them beginning at €135 (P965-based), sometimes even less (not great OCers below that mark, mind you, although there is even a €100 P965 board).

Cheers.

Miguel

Hello Miguel,

For the record, your mate, pt, did not mention any particular motherboard or gave any comment regarding Intel boards. He just said "why didn't you buyed a decent mobo that is overclockable on the bios." :)

Please read the preceding posts again, :).

insect111

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Cooling stock
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Audio Device(s) on-board
I do have to agree with my mate "pt" (same country, hi there :p).

hi :toast:

dont forget about the biostar tforce motherboards ;)

Cheers.

Miguel

good boards ;)

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Cooling stock
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Audio Device(s) on-board
Hello Miguel,

For the record, your mate, pt, did not mention any particular motherboard or gave any comment regarding Intel boards. He just said "why didn't you buyed a decent mobo that is overclockable on the bios." :)

Please read the preceding posts again, :).

insect111

"why didn't you buyed a decent mobo that is overclockable on the bios" - pt

"If you really want to OC your board, go to an OC-friendly board, just like "pt" said" - miguel

i don't see any examples there, and that was the phrase he refered to me, the next is other info ;)

lelek

Processor Intel Pentium D805
Motherboard Asrock 775Dual-VSTA
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler (upgrading it soon...), Zalman VF700-ALCU LED
Memory 2x512MB DDR400
Video Card(s) Inno3D 7600GST
Storage 160GB Hitachi
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 795MB
Case Some simple Codegen :)
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply FSP Greenpower 400W
Requesting support for Asrock 775Dual-VSTA

Hi!

I would love to see support for this motherboard, setting fsb on the fly would be nice. I think it's a popular mobo too, so a lot of people would welcome it's systool support.
Many thanks for the hard work updating this great program. :respect:

/me out

shadowjack

I'd like to have ICS 9PLRS509 clockgen support (installed on Biostar TForce 965PT). Also, i965 timings reading seems erratic, do not agrees with BIOS settings and memset.

Intel Rep

Sticking with the DG965WH

Yes, of course there are plenty of boards out there that support bios overclock. But I got this board through my employer for the price of; on the house. I have a 6300 core duo in it and have kingston ddr2 800, and an 8800 gts on the way. Its almost done, and i really dont feel like taking the board out, selling it, and getting another... Plus I will be using this as a HTPC, and the mobo is very good for that (7.1 optical audio out, etc). All i want to do is OC the FSB to 400mhz, so that it runs synchronously with the ram. As a result ill have a clock speed of about 2.86 ghz, and outstanding memory bandwith, coupled with the 8800 this should be quite the machine.

I hope the beta of clock gen i DL from this fourm works with the board... Im gonna go ahead and try it, ill let you guys know by mid week how it works out. I know there are a lot of people out there looking to OC this board. If anyone has the board up and running right now; refer a couple pages back to Insects post, which links a beta version of clock gen that should support the DG965WH. Let us know what happens.

Maybe SysTool will support it soon too??

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Cooling stock
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Audio Device(s) on-board
Yes, of course there are plenty of boards out there that support bios overclock. But I got this board through my employer for the price of; on the house. I have a 6300 core duo in it and have kingston ddr2 800, and an 8800 gts on the way. Its almost done, and i really dont feel like taking the board out, selling it, and getting another... Plus I will be using this as a HTPC, and the mobo is very good for that (7.1 optical audio out, etc). All i want to do is OC the FSB to 400mhz, so that it runs synchronously with the ram. As a result ill have a clock speed of about 2.86 ghz, and outstanding memory bandwith, coupled with the 8800 this should be quite the machine.

I hope the beta of clock gen i DL from this fourm works with the board... Im gonna go ahead and try it, ill let you guys know by mid week how it works out. I know there are a lot of people out there looking to OC this board. If anyone has the board up and running right now; refer a couple pages back to Insects post, which links a beta version of clock gen that should support the DG965WH. Let us know what happens.

Maybe SysTool will support it soon too??

i reaaaaaaaaaaaaaly doubt you will achieve 400fsb, if you can get cheap boards from you employer (intel?) get a 975x bad axe version1.0 or 2.0;)

__Miguel_

Cooling Scythe Ninja
Display(s) LG L1915S
Audio Device(s) on-board
Software XP x64
"why didn't you buyed a decent mobo that is overclockable on the bios" - pt

"If you really want to OC your board, go to an OC-friendly board, just like "pt" said" - miguel

i don't see any examples there, and that was the phrase he refered to me, the next is other info ;)
Exactly. I was just referring to OC-friendly mobos, nothing more, nothing less. Only after that (that's what the period is for) did I give examples. Pretty much every P965, 975X, RD600 or NVIDIA-based boards are OC-friendly to some extent.

If you MUST use that board, you can only hope for some software that is compatible with it. It will be VERY tricky, mind you, to get it to 400FSB. That mark is considered an FSB wall, and only very good boards can reach it. Most entry-level P965s (not G965) lack either the quality or the voltage adjustments to go that far, or both, so it seems to me it you'd have to be EXTREMELY lucky to get there, at least without some very agressive v-mods...

333MHz sounds feasible, though. You'll probably need some sort of minor voltage boost.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Bad Axe revs 1 and 2 only Netburst-compatible?

Cheers.

Miguel

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Cooling stock
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Audio Device(s) on-board
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Bad Axe revs 1 and 2 only Netburst-compatible?

Cheers.

Miguel

with revision 304 it supports c2d ;)

__Miguel_

Cooling Scythe Ninja
Display(s) LG L1915S
Audio Device(s) on-board
Software XP x64
Ok, got versions and revisions mixed up :p Waaaay too many numbers to keep up with... lol

I do think, though, we're getting a little off-topic starting in the middle of the last page or so (too OC-specific, maybe?). Probably better to ease off, don't you guys think?

Cheers.

Miguel

Intel Rep

Damn you...

Well, I realize software is not the most stable and effective way to oc, but you really think its not possible to reach 400 fsb with it?

The 6300 is begging for a good OC. It would be a shame if I couldnt oc after spending the extra buck for high speed ram, and pretty much banking on the fact that I can oc to smoothly playback hd content via blu ray.

I may scrap this board afterall. Any good oc boards out there with hd audio out?

pt

not a suicide-bomber
Cooling stock
Display(s) ASUS 15.4
Audio Device(s) on-board
Well, I realize software is not the most stable and effective way to oc, but you really think its not possible to reach 400 fsb with it?

nop

The 6300 is begging for a good OC. It would be a shame if I couldnt oc after spending the extra buck for high speed ram, and pretty much banking on the fact that I can oc to smoothly playback hd content via blu ray.

and begging for a good mobo (no offense)

I may scrap this board afterall. Any good oc boards out there with hd audio out?

most board nowadays have it ;)

THRASHER2

Please add Mobo's :D

MSI K8N Neo v2.0 (MS-7030)
MSI K8N Neo 4 (MS-7125)
MSI K9N Neo (MS-7260) (Socket AM2)
SOYO SY-KT400 DRAGON Ultra Rev. A
DFi Lanparty NF II Rev. A
DFi Lanparty KT400A
DFi 865PE-TAG
Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA
ASUS P5ND2 - SLI

BIG THANKS ;)

SysTool ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Intel Rep

Huge Request

Well, my new pc is up and running. The thing is blazing fast by the way. However, ive run into some huge issues with vista 64. I cant get any programs like clock gen, or even temp monitors to run on it. my 8800 gpu is useless as well, as there is awful driver support in 64. Im thinking about loading up xp until vista gets more functionality. OR maybe vista 32??

systool for vista 64 that works with the DG965WH mobo would be amazing.

__Miguel_

Cooling Scythe Ninja
Display(s) LG L1915S
Audio Device(s) on-board
Software XP x64
Unfortunately, x64 Operating Systems are still lacking many of the options when it comes to "modding" software. Most of if either does not work or works with limited functionality. The very same for most drivers... Systool for Windows x64 is an example, it's still a "work in progress"; Also, there are very few companies who have full Vista drivers at this point...

Speaking of which, you may want to hold back using Vista if you want to game. The latest reviews show drops in performance up to 70% (not always, the average is about 20-30%) when using Vista with NVIDIA hardware (early drivers...); ATI hardware also suffers from this, although it seems everything but OpenGL is already more "in place", the drops are around 10-20%.

To cut a long story short, Systool 64bit isn't operational yet (using XP x64 and not much is available), for now it would be best to stick with x86-32, and XP rather than Vista if you want to game. Give it a couple of months, Vista is, after all, immensely different from XP (and programming for x64 is much more difficult).

That said, I do second the requests: the more PLLs supported the merrier (grammar check?), and Vista and x64 support should be a must at least by the time Vista SP1 arrives (probably November, if they stick with the "ten months after launch" SP1 release date they used with XP).

Btw, Intel Rep, did you choose your new board, or are you going to wait? I can take care or your DG965WH if you want. I'll even (and only:D) pay the transport... hehe :D :D :D :D :p

Cheers.

Miguel

Intel Rep

Back to XP

Thanks for the info. After some more use I realize Vista 64 is pretty to look at, but useless right now. Im going back to XP, which means I lose my media center capabilites (which comes with vista). This is a huge issue for me, since this is a HTPC, hooked up to my plasma.

Can i get away with using vista 32?? is systool (and the like) functional on vista 32?

__Miguel_

Cooling Scythe Ninja
Display(s) LG L1915S
Audio Device(s) on-board
Software XP x64
You can also try Windows XP Media Center Edition. Or, if that's not available, there are plenty of other software titles available that works just as Windows XP MCE. Nero 7 Premium Reloaded comes to my mind, but surely they are plenty more out there...

Cheers.

Miguel

Gunhoe

Well, my new pc is up and running. The thing is blazing fast by the way. However, ive run into some huge issues with vista 64. I cant get any programs like clock gen, or even temp monitors to run on it. my 8800 gpu is useless as well, as there is awful driver support in 64. Im thinking about loading up xp until vista gets more functionality. OR maybe vista 32??

systool for vista 64 that works with the DG965WH mobo would be amazing.

I fried my motherboard with the beta clockgen, I would advise that people not use it under windows vista with the Intel DG965WH.

At least I can go get a board that is meant to be overclocked now.

__Miguel_

Cooling Scythe Ninja
Display(s) LG L1915S
Audio Device(s) on-board
Software XP x64
You fried your board with Clockgen? That's weird, that shouldn't happen... Even when I choose the wrong PLL with mine, nothing happens... Are you sure a simple BIOS reset doesn't fix the problem?

If it is indeed fried (ouch), what version of Vista were you using? x64, by any chance? Btw, you should report that bug to the clockgen team.

Hopefully, XP x64 and Vista (x32 and x64) support will appear in a near future on hardware monitoring software...

Cheers.

Miguel

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Hey W1z, how about CF 3200 support? I have an ECS KA3 MVP. If you need any info, just let me know.

Hard Core

Hi insect111 and Ed...

Hello Ed,

I think we're already off topic. This is supposed to be a Features Request thread for SysTool and not for ClockGen, I'm very sorry for starting this whole thing...

I have the same clocks as your PCI and PCI-E. I don't even have a speed for my RAM. As I've said, this version is still experimental.

insect111

Hi insect111 and Ed...

You can post (if you want) in the "Core2Duo E6300 - Overclocking for newbies" thread... in fact, that's where many friends have been looking for the clock gen chip DT CV174C PLL solution (including myself).

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?p=247810#post247810

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=18802&page=2

Thanks for the info and please share your experiences with us.. :toast: